Awful experience at CC

hcinderela

We got to CC at 4pm and were behind one other group of six people. We were able to get the Compaq laptop for $299 and it was a great deal. We were glad we chose CC bc BB was way more crowded. But they had awful service. Their people were nice, but they really seemed confused about what was going on. When they passed out the vouchers someone asked about the free bundle that you get and they looked surprised, like they hadn't thought that anyone would want those. Their people were nice enough to try and get some together before the store opened though.

Once inside they did not have their sale DVD's separated from the rest of the DVD's, so there was no way to tell which were on sale. My husband was trying to get the $450 projector with free screen and subwoofer and had asked employees outside where he should go to get it, but when inside they sent him around to three different counters before he ended back at the first where someone who was about 50th in line was asking about them too. Of course they had already sold out bc they only had two of them.

The big problem was their checkout. They only had them inside of the different sections, and since we wanted a laptop we had to go to the computer section. About 15 people were in front of us, so we were thinking maybe 30 min or something. But for each person and for each rebate they type in your name and address. Do all Circuit Cities do that? It took forever. Plus they were asking people about bigger screens and printer cables and all that. It took them 45 min to check our one person! It took us THREE HOURS to get out! Plus they didn't print all my rebates and now I've got to go back. Last year I went to BB and I had more rebates than this and it was way less trouble, they just let me fill them out myself.

All in all, I am happy with what I got, but very frustrated with CC.

I wrote a long post about my bad experience about CC and suddenly, now it is gone...

I have no idea why the mods would remove it--all I did was talk about the truth--similar to what you are saying about the shoddy service at CC.

Guess we were one of the lucky ones in Mobile. Vouchers were handed out at CC at 3:30am, no line cutting, no rushing the doors, and they had efficient, helpful employee's once in the store (showing you where to go for what items). Even Best Buy in the Mobile area experienced very few problems (heard one pushing story, and that was it). Sorry for your bad experience. .

was 16th in line, did not get a voucher for the laptop (the add said min. 18 per store) once they opened, a man who had been behind me, was selling vouchers for $20, said he had a couple......thought only one per person? Is there truth in advertising? Don't think I will be shopping CC again. Check out was TERRIBLE! to much confusion, to long to print out rebates, confusing as to which line you should be in. Although the person checking us out was GREAT, he joked and tryed to keep spirits up as we all WAITED.

Had a very disappointing experience with CC also. Went to buy the Olevia 32' and clerk checked his computer and said there were 5 and he would reserve one for me and instructed me to stand in line at register. And I did just that for 1 hr. and when I finally made it to the cashier and he checked his inventory informed me the one set aside for me had been inadvertently sold. I had a sizeable order besides the 32' TV and turned around and left everything there and walk out. Will take my business elsewhere in future!:(

CC was awful, my son was about 5th in line. The clerks who came out with vouchers walked up the side of the line, you couldnt hear what they were saying. Needless to say I did not get the $299.00 laptop - only the people on the right hand side of the line did. This was so unfair. I had quite a list for CC, I took my business elsewhere. CC shoddy way of doing business didnt deserve my $$$.

I had a good experience but waited over an hour in the checkout line and had to order several things on line that they ran out of.

The Samsung MiniDV Camcorder listed for $127 ran out because they had like 5 of them but I got it online Friday night for $159, shipping free. reg. price= $299.

When I went back Friday night someone returned a $59, 250MB hard drive and I asked if I could buy it.

The manager said yes and he sent it to the repair dept. for testing.

SO........it hadn't even been formatted.

He gave it to me for $39 and also a $10 gift certificate.

Cool deal!

Worst Buy (BB) is where I ran into problems. They had all these temps who don't know the difference in a lawn chair and a toaster and seemed like kids who had been lost in Yosemite National Park since birth.

One girl walked away from me in mid sentence to share gossip with a co-worker!

Also, they were out of everything by 7am.

The Geek Squad? haha. I haven't seen Geeks like that since the High School Photography Club, white socks, glasses, 30 pens leaking in their white shirts and an odor of Old Spice aftershave. BUT, they were knowledgeable and helpful.

I will say this..i chose Circuit City as my first store over every other store..and even though i got what i wanted, the service was HORRIBLE. We arrived at 5am..doors opening at 5..and was probably a 100 person line..which i didn't mind cause what i wanted wasnt a real doorbuster. They were using a smart concept of letting only 4 people in at a time for every 8 that left the store, so it wasn't overcrowded. When I arrived in, i was there to get the XBox 360 Premium System w/ free Gears of War game. I had went to the case where they were kept, and they were not there. I asked the associate beside it if they were out. His response, "did you check the case?"..i had said yes..and he walked over and looked..and replied.."Well then we are all out, but we have 20GB PS3's"..i was like really..and he held up a empty PS3 box..and then a fellow associate came over and told him that was for display and they didnt have any ps3's..and made him feel stupid. So i then moved on to another associate..who had told me they had tons and to just wait in line across the store, pay for the item, then wait in line at customer service to pick it up because they had them stashed back there and said his store director told him this. So I went to the line and waited and waited as it went nowhere..and then asked another associate if they still had 360's..and he replied.."No, we been out of them for awhile"..so after standing in line and gettin different answers from everyone, i was getting ticked off. So i continued to wait until another associate came to me. I asked him nicely, "Can you do me a big favor? Please find out for me if you have any XBox 360's and where do i go to get them."..he then ran to his store manager..and came back to me in about 3 minutes..and said they had about 5-10 left..and to go stand in line at customer service and i would get one.

All in all, I think the employees need to be better informed of what they have, and don't have, and where to stand in line/pay. I felt like an idiot. And i wasn't the only one. Many people were complaining because they had to wait in line at the cameras section just to see if they had a camera. One person i noticed waited in the camera line for an hour for a camera, and they had ran out. Now why couldn't they tell him that?

Overall, i got what i wanted so i can't complain, but HORRIBLE customer service.

Overall, i got what i wanted so i can't complain, but HORRIBLE customer service.

I've experienced this quite a bit as well..

Each associate had a different answer for the same questions... They all kept telling me to wait in line at a register just to see if they had things in stock/etc and i could checkout then pick it up later.. I felt that was a bunch of crap, so I had to go searching for everything myself... Finally, an associate came up to me and said "Can I help you find something?" and I started yelling about how noone there could help an elephant find its butt, and walked away.

I was pretty satisfied with the Circuit City here (I'm in Ft Worth). We got in line at 3:45 am and the mgr came out at four explained the process and handed out vouchers....some people were selling the vouchers. They opened right at five and except for one idiot who tried to cut in line, it was very orderly. I got everything I wanted, but had to wait in line an hour to check out...that was the only bad part. Best Buy is fairly close by and people kept coming to CC saying how long the line was at BB and saying they figured they'd have better luck at CC. lwj