what do they do with all the extra doorbuster stuff (merged)

neile457

I just got home from walmart and saw the following doorbusters

30-40 small vacuums

tons of cheap dvds

50+ $50 portable dvd players

about 20 32" lcd for $500

8 42" plasmas for under a grand (I was tempted)

plus many other items that the price was good only 5-11

What do they do with these items? Some of these items they normally don't carry, so do they just keep them until selling out?

We just sell them until they are gone. And yes some of the stuff gets marked down drastically towards the end just to get rid of it. I still had a few things left over from last BF hanging around until about May. Had to give it away practically to get rid of it.

That's how I lucked out on getting one of last year's red jeeps. I think it was March of this year when we saw it marked down on clearance, and picked it up.

Our local walmart had stacks on top of stacks of doorbuster and BF sale items that hadn't moved all day (I was there around 8:30 last night) still for the door buster price. They'll keep them out on the shelves until they get rid of them, slowly knocking the prices down even more.

I was there today and the cashier told me they had got another truck come in Friday afternoon and they had pallets of the tvs on it. I believe it was the 20 inch that was 68.97. She told me to "please buy some". I also saw alot of toys left.

I was AMAZED at the amount of stuff still lined up, and then I had to run down to customer service (was overcharged on something, today) and there was carts full of door-buster items, to be taken back to thier departments.

Why all the fighting for this stuff, to then bring it back?? :confused:

Im going to my WM here in a few minutes to see if they have anymore of the big Cloe Bratz (they may pretty stocked up and nobody grabbing them). I grabbed Sasha for one of my girls and was tempted to get another for my other daughter but I thought she had too much already until we got home and looked at all our lists. Hopefully theyll have 1 :crossfing

I was AMAZED at the amount of stuff still lined up, and then I had to run down to customer service (was overcharged on something, today) and there was carts full of door-buster items, to be taken back to thier departments.

Now that is just stupid. I'd like to know what there reasoning is behind doing this.

Guest CS.Dean
Same as always here....still trying to sell at BF prices the next day. Will they ever learn that thier marketing people don't have a clue as to what they are doing on BF. They need to take a hard look at Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target. They have BF figured out.

I went this evening really late and our walmart still had TONS of stuff! I wish I had not ordered on-line now...

They had pallets of the VSmiles for $30, tons of the Thomas sets, Cabbage Patch Snuggle Bear things, a few of the Little People toys, push toys, TONS and TONS and TONS of PJ's, the coffeemakers... I don't know - everything was everywhere!! There is SO much stuff!

We also had like 18 carts lined up in the front of our store (near customer service) and employee's were sorting out the things that people were returning! I could barely get through!

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)

I just got back from my WM and they had some stuff, left, I did see on big Cloe bratz doll, I wish they had Sasha, that is my youngest dd fave.

I went up there and my mouth hit the floor, not only were all the pallets still in place they had boxes on boxes on boxes of the items that hadnt been open yet stacked next to the pallets :eek: of the same items.

And guess what a pallet full of Sashas no Cloes LMBO I ended up getting her the Cloe Bday Brat instead..oh well I tried.

Those doodle monsters didnt go at all I wont be suprised if they end up being $1 after Christmas....tons of them.

Now that is just stupid. I'd like to know what there reasoning is behind doing this.

I did this..but only on one item. I got the portable dvd player from walmart (they had a lot of them so there wasn't any fighting over them. I really was hoping to get the one from Staples since it had a bigger screen and came with a carry case and car adapter. However, Staples opened later so I was at Walmart first...so I got one at Walmart just in case I couldn't get one at Staples. Went to Staples after it opened and was able to get one of the ones I really wanted so I immediately took the other one back to Walmart so it could go back out to the floor to sell. That was my reasoning for returning anyway...and it was just that one item on my part.

The store I went to last night had already started integrating the Black Friday stuff in with the regular merchandise. There were a few tv's, a lot of the memory cards, plenty of pj sets, lots of toasters, and the little vaccuums.

Last year, with some of the extras, I did see them get marked down.

The items you saw that were to be restocked may not have been returns, they might have been items that had been found in other departments and hadn't made their way back to their department. When I worked in retail everything that was out of place went to customer service to be sorted and then reshelved.

I was just at my wal-mart in La Porte, in cancelling my layaway (decided to go elsewear after everything that happened) and almost every Black friday item was still in stock with PLENTY left at the BF Price! If you are in a smaller town, it would definetly be looking at. I did pick up a v-smile for $30 for a gift.

My guess is that people went in there and bought a bunch of stuff whether they really needed/wanted it or not because they got caught up in the hype of black Friday. Then as the day progressed and they spent more and more other places they decided they should return some stuff. Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.