How did your store do the 'secret' items?

Sunshyne

The greeter gave me a map with all the ad items numbered, and then there were letters s1, s2,..s8 on it. Then, there on the key, s1 through s8 were listed with a blank line for what they were. I have no idea how people found out which items were at which spot because I wasn't interested in any of them. Around 4:45, an employee came around to those waiting at pallets, and gave us the flier for the secret items. We all know there were more than 8, and the flier wasn't numbered or anything.

A lot of the customers around me seemed to know nothing about there even being any secret items. They had heard of the TV through the commercials for it, but didn't know about the other stuff. I think Walmart really dropped the ball on marketing this year.

The managers were idiots at our walmart. They posted two overhead signs that said "line up here" and proceeded to hand out most of the coupons for the secret items at the OTHER line. Of course, I was at the 2nd line so they didn't have any RCA TVs or $148 computers. And their excuse for giving all of the coupons away already? "We couldn't get over here because of all of the people." Idiots.

Our Store passed out the map & new items for sale about 40 mins prior to opening. I liked the maps and they had the items in huge boxes lined in all the center of the aisles, though navigation with a cart was rougher. They had loads of products at my store, so I got what I wanted and was able to be at Target in line at 5:50am as well.

The managers were idiots at our walmart. They posted two overhead signs that said "line up here" and proceeded to hand out most of the coupons for the secret items at the OTHER line. Of course, I was at the 2nd line so they didn't have any RCA TVs or $148 computers. And their excuse for giving all of the coupons away already? "We couldn't get over here because of all of the people." Idiots.

At least your WM had the $148 computers. NO ONE including the store manager knew where they were:gdangry4: Everyone kept saying the were in groceries, but those were the $398 ones. I went back when I got off work and no one had found them yet, or so they say. They told my friend that they were over in groceries, but I suspect that "someone else" got their hands on them.:mad:

At least your WM had the $148 computers. NO ONE including the store manager knew where they were:gdangry4: Everyone kept saying the were in groceries, but those were the $398 ones. I went back when I got off work and no one had found them yet, or so they say. They told my friend that they were over in groceries, but I suspect that "someone else" got their hands on them.:mad:

When I got to work, I asked about them, and no one knew which ones they were for sure, and even where they were. (Someone else was going to try to get me one since I had to work). They said at that point they hadn't gotten word from home office about them.

So by the time that they were located and my shopper found out where they were, they were gone.

Oh well, I figured I wasn't going to be that lucky.

When I got to my store at 12 am to get the 52"RCA the mgr had no clue as to where they where going to be so we walked around until we seen a few people standing in groceries and they told us to stand there. Lucky for us we where #7 in line and only had 7. But no maps or help from anyone but from people standing in line.

I've been to WMs before that did the maps... it would have been nice today.

the problem with ours, was they just kept rolling out pallets next to each other. So there was a pallet of the FP little people by the bikes, then another pallet next to groceries. So then you have crowds of people who all wanted different things and being crammed in the same space.

They handed out maps. Everything was all blended together. Nothing made sense where they put it. People found the pallets with the stuff they wanted most and hovered next to them until it was time to grab. Most had already pulled the wrapping to get what they wanted. Others that waited ended up having to open it themselves since nobody working at Wal-Mart came through to open them up. I got what I wanted and got out. I saw most of all of it and could have had my pick. There just wasn't anything I really wanted. I was killing time while I waited for Best Buy to clear up some.

The walmart I went to: no signs, no tickets or coupons, to this minute I still do not know what the secret items were. What were they?

No one seemed to know what was going on as far as the secret items.

I guess their marketing plan was just to keep ppl guessing, wondering, unable to figure anything out but get them "in" the store. Interesting.

My walmart handed out a map and a list of the secert items but didn't have the $148 computers on it so know one know they had them when they opened the doors. I happened upon them a little ways down from the compaq ones and asked about them and people over heard me about them. After the assocaite said that they $148 i grabmine and got of the way if the rushto grab them.

The walmart I went to went ahead and handed out maps with a nice little legend on it but they said the 52" RCA's were scattered so it was like a treasure hunt for them. As soon as I saw one of the RCA's taken, I booked left and was able to grab one of them.

The only secret items I noticed were the robes and the tv. They had a rack in front of the clothing department so that was noticeable.

As for the tv... that was a differant story. I waited in line where they told me it would be along with alot of other people. An employee came over at 4:45 and says that the 52" would be in electronics and we were all in the 20 in. line. Everyone took off running towards electronics. I'm sure people towards the end of the line had no clue what was going on. As for me, I didn't run anywhere.. I said screw it.

I asked the employee how many 52" they had... he said 8. That really peed me off because I was 8th in line.

Unless Walmart has something that I just can't live without next year (other than PMing) I'm going to BB.

walmart is soooo unorganized, i will never go there for bf again. noone knew where the $148 computers were. the store manager said he couldn't sell me something he didn't have or know anything about. the ad said each store had AT LEAST 5 of them, to me that's false advertisiment, or bait and switch

I found out about the secret items online just scanning the different stores for their sales on Thanksgiving day.

I went to a Super WalMart for the 52" tv and they only had three. My husband was number four in line missing it by two minutes; that was at 4am. Went to the next town 10 minutes away that w/ a regular Walmart they had five tv's, he was #7.

Can someone please explain why the regular store would have more than the superstore?

Don't know if the superstore passed out maps but one of the clerks in the store told my husband where the tv would be at. The next store that did not open their doors until 5am did not pass out maps, only fliers w/ secret items.

This was the first time I ever participated in BF bcause the 52" was the only thing I ever saw worth going for ($474).

Needless to say I was very disappointed and had to be at work at 7am after getting up at 3am trying to get the sale.

Alot of the main blitz items and the secret items were in the action alleys. But the robers were just in the middle of softlines there was never any kind of sign on them at all to even leave people know they were on sale. I wonder if we sold any of them. The hot wheels cars were not out the idogs were not out. The $2.50 towels and $14.00 sheet sets were not out. They had to go look for those and bring them out. It was just very unorganized. I was shocked at how it was. When our store would close for Thanksgiving Day everything was always out and where it was suppose to be on Wednesday Night or else no one left the store til every last thing was found and in its place.

Heck it wasn't just the customers that didn't know about the secret items half the people working at the store didn't know anything about them either.

walmart is soooo unorganized, i will never go there for bf again. noone knew where the $148 computers were. the store manager said he couldn't sell me something he didn't have or know anything about. the ad said each store had AT LEAST 5 of them, to me that's false advertisiment, or bait and switch

The one I was at couldn't find them either. They knew they were suppose to get 5 so they handed out 5 rain checks. I got the call Saturday morning that they came in. Picked it up Saturday afternoon. Still had the $348.00 price tag on it .. sweet.

The one I was at couldn't find them either. They knew they were suppose to get 5 so they handed out 5 rain checks. I got the call Saturday morning that they came in. Picked it up Saturday afternoon. Still had the $348.00 price tag on it .. sweet.

Was it an Emachines computer? If so what was the model #? I saw one, and it had the $348 tag on it, but rang up $348:(

I was told to stand in groceries for the 148.00 computers too, no one could find them, and I talked to a manager and he said that they had 3 of them, and they were set out with the regular computers, so there was nothing that he could do for me...i was very upset because it was the electronics manager who told me to stand by groceries, you would think that he would have known where they would be.

My store did have maps for what good they were. They lost several pallets and had customers chasing imaginary blitz and secret items all over the store. Management was rather rude and snippy to anyone that asked for help. I was even told that "just because it's in the ad doesn't mean we got it in." They were still finding misplaced pallets when we gave up and left at 6:30. This was the first year we did bf at walmart, I don't know if I'll try again next year or not.