Best Buy just priced match Fri/Sat specials for me today!

shark1

I went into the St. Peters BB here in MO to check stock on the Hitachi 51' TV and Westinghouse 22' LCD for my computer. I talked to the customer service manager who clarified the price match policy for me. BB will under NO circumstances match the 7 hour specials, but said they DO match the Fri/Sat specials. So I went ahead and bought the Hitachi TV and Westinghouse LCD(both Fri/Sat specials) and they got a mgr to price match for me on the spot - I didn't even ask if they could price match now! I couldn't believe it - not only did that save me from having to try and wait in line at midnight but it also saved me time from having to go back this weekend to try and get a pricematch. The only thing that I am upset about was that I forgot to get the PCI-E 512 MB video card while I was there. Oh well! Just thought I would get this out there for the people who dont want any door buster specials.

I went into the St. Peters BB here in MO to check stock on the Hitachi 51' TV and Westinghouse 22' LCD for my computer. I talked to the customer service manager who clarified the price match policy for me. BB will under NO circumstances match the 7 hour specials, but said they DO match the Fri/Sat specials. So I went ahead and bought the Hitachi TV and Westinghouse LCD(both Fri/Sat specials) and they got a mgr to price match for me on the spot - I didn't even ask if they could price match now! I couldn't believe it - not only did that save me from having to try and wait in line at midnight but it also saved me time from having to go back this weekend to try and get a pricematch. The only thing that I am upset about was that I forgot to get the PCI-E 512 MB video card while I was there. Oh well! Just thought I would get this out there for the people who dont want any door buster specials.

Welcome to the community! I am glad this worked out for you and I would like to remind everyone else that this is an isolated incident.

Good luck!

Did you take a copy of the ad in with you?

man...so we should have bought the hitachi on sunday when we were there! So, if we go buy it tonite, even though they have to order it for us...we can get the price adjustment on it on friday or saturday right? IF they dont do it for us tonite? Thats the only reason we didn't buy it on sunday because we were scared we'd be stuck with it and no price adjustment...even though we could return it.

We're looking to get the 51" hitachi also...only one in stock at our local best buy so I just called them to see if they would price match. No, they won't. According to the best buy manager at our store, it's a black friday special and there are no guarantees on even getting one??? And disappointingly, they won't price match the one they have now. We will be calling tomorrow to see if they have (hopefully) gotten more in. Otherwise, I just don't understand how they can advertise this special and not be able to have any in stock.

We're looking to get the 51" hitachi also...only one in stock at our local best buy so I just called them to see if they would price match. No, they won't. According to the best buy manager at our store, it's a black friday special and there are no guarantees on even getting one??? And disappointingly, they won't price match the one they have now. We will be calling tomorrow to see if they have (hopefully) gotten more in. Otherwise, I just don't understand how they can advertise this special and not be able to have any in stock.

I'm going to try this tonight in central Florida! :yup:

We'll see if I can make rain on this! :tongue1:

man...so we should have bought the hitachi on sunday when we were there! So, if we go buy it tonite, even though they have to order it for us...we can get the price adjustment on it on friday or saturday right? IF they dont do it for us tonite? Thats the only reason we didn't buy it on sunday because we were scared we'd be stuck with it and no price adjustment...even though we could return it.

DO NOT make the mistake of buying things early and expect that store to pricematch on Black Friday, at least with Best Buy and larger stores. It's usually a store policy that they will not allow you to pricematch black friday specials.

If they do let you, they either don't know or they are being very nice.

But I do hope that I'm wrong.

DO NOT make the mistake of buying things early and expect that store to pricematch on Black Friday, at least with Best Buy and larger stores. It's usually a store policy that they will not allow you to pricematch black friday specials.

If they do let you, they either don't know or they are being very nice.

But I do hope that I'm wrong.

I can second that... :yuck:

BB drone was polite but as solid as stone on the issue. I just tried... :smart:

Well, clearly this is not the policy at all stores judging by the responses. Everyone kept mentioning in other threads how BB will not price match doorbuster items, but rarely was the Fri/Sat specials mentioned, so I thought I would at least inquire while there today. I asked in the home theater dept and they told me to ask customer service. So I asked the customer service guy and he said he believes they will match the Fri/Sat specials so I asked if I could speak with the customer service mgr so I wouldnt have to return around $1500 worth of stuff, etc. He said yes they will match so I went back to home theater and purchased everything. Then the home theater guy verified these were Fri/Sat specials in the ad then went over and talked to another mgr and came back and said we are going to give you these prices today. The other mgr also reiterated they will price match the Fri/Sat specials. I guess they did it today so I wouldnt get 110% of the difference this weekend which would have been around $60. For smaller items I probably wouldnt have got the deal today. I was so ecstatic I forgot to give them my rewards zone card to get double points but oh well. At least I also got 18 months no interest as was the policy this week for home theatre. Keep this in mind if you are in STL - its the St. Peters store at Mid Rivers and 70.

Well, clearly this is not the policy at all stores judging by the responses. Everyone kept mentioning in other threads how BB will not price match doorbuster items, but rarely was the Fri/Sat specials mentioned, so I thought I would at least inquire while there today. I asked in the home theater dept and they told me to ask customer service. So I asked the customer service guy and he said he believes they will match the Fri/Sat specials so I asked if I could speak with the customer service mgr so I wouldnt have to return around $1500 worth of stuff, etc. He said yes they will match so I went back to home theater and purchased everything. Then the home theater guy verified these were Fri/Sat specials in the ad then went over and talked to another mgr and came back and said we are going to give you these prices today. The other mgr also reiterated they will price match the Fri/Sat specials. I guess they did it today so I wouldnt get 110% of the difference this weekend which would have been around $60. For smaller items I probably wouldnt have got the deal today. I was so ecstatic I forgot to give them my rewards zone card to get double points but oh well. At least I also got 18 months no interest as was the policy this week for home theatre. Keep this in mind if you are in STL - its the St. Peters store at Mid Rivers and 70.

FYI on the Reward Zone points - you can add them to your account on web now ex post facto. Go to the Best Buy website and look for the Reward Zone link. You can still get your points.

So, I may be able to go purchase things that are not door busters and get the fri/sat special proce???? Sweet. I will try this tomorrow evening here in Cincinnati area BB. I will let you know how it works out, That would be sweet since I don't plan on trying to get the door buster items, just the others before they run out! What a deal if it works! 'm tempted to take off work tomorrow morning just to try it!

I am wanting to get one of the 1 GB $34.99 black friday deal MP3 players at Best Buy Friday. Sorry, can't remember the brand but that it comes in white or white/hot pink according to picture in ad. Do you think this is something I will have to get in line REALLY early for? This is really the only thing I would HAVE to pick up from there. Thanks!!

So, I may be able to go purchase things that are not door busters and get the fri/sat special proce???? Sweet. I will try this tomorrow evening here in Cincinnati area BB. I will let you know how it works out, That would be sweet since I don't plan on trying to get the door buster items, just the others before they run out! What a deal if it works! 'm tempted to take off work tomorrow morning just to try it!

Welcome to the community! I would be very careful about price matching at Best Buy. There has been alot of reports on this board and in the media that BB will NOT price match. Emails have even been sent from BB HQ down to the stores. I would ask your local BB manager before you buy. If he/she says yes then I would get it in writing. I am just trying to save you from confusion and disappointment this holiday season. The orginal poster in my opinion just got lucky.

Good luck and remember that gottadeal.com is open year around!

I am wanting to get one of the 1 GB $34.99 black friday deal MP3 players at Best Buy Friday. Sorry, can't remember the brand but that it comes in white or white/hot pink according to picture in ad. Do you think this is something I will have to get in line REALLY early for? This is really the only thing I would HAVE to pick up from there. Thanks!!

Welcome to the community! The brand for the MP3 player is SanDisk. If this is the only item you want at BB I would get into line around 12 midnight local time. If you want more items like laptops and desktops then I would say get in line around 7pm to 9pm.

Good luck!

I bought the Westinghouse 22in monitor today in hopes that they'll pricematch the monitor or allow me to do a return/rebuy on Saturday. I have about 5 bestbuys in a 10 mile radius. I'm hoping like hell one of them will let me get away with this. It's not a doorbuster item so hopefully they'll let me get away with this one. Otherwise I'm returning it.

Keep this in mind if you are in STL - its the St. Peters store at Mid Rivers and 70.

On a busy holiday week like this, managers are sure to change around ALOT. So just because one manager helped you out, doesn't mean another one will... Just to let you know.. I've been hassled many-a-times at this, and just about every BB in STL.

Well, that is why I got his name and asked if he would be working this weekend. Just about every employee is sure to be working this holiday weekend anyway, barring vacation. For them to give me the deal today, I would say it is definitely this stores policy to price match, considering a different manager actually did the price match on the spot.

We bought our Westinghouse 19" LCD HD-ready TV yesterday (another two-day special) at the Independence, MO Best Buy. Maybe my husband can get them to price match it today so he won't have to go back on Friday.

Hey - it can't hurt to ask!

Welcome to the community. It would not hurt to ask the store manager but I doubt that they will do it. Good luck!

Welcome to the community. It would not hurt to ask the store manager but I doubt that they will do it. Good luck!

Thank you. This is an awesome site! I wish I'd found it a long time ago....

I wouldn't even suggest it to my husband, but he works nights and he has been sick lately. I know he isn't going to want to fight the crowds Friday. If there's even a small chance, it's worth trying. And he's going to be in that area today anyway. :)

Thank you. This is an awesome site! I wish I'd found it a long time ago....

I wouldn't even suggest it to my husband, but he works nights and he has been sick lately. I know he isn't going to want to fight the crowds Friday. If there's even a small chance, it's worth trying. And he's going to be in that area today anyway. :)

I hope your husband feels better soon. I just got over the flu myself. This site is open year around so if you like what you see then stick around. There are tons of deals year around to be taken advantage of.