Anyone else still not have their gameplan together?

pmward725

I have all my GottaDeal ads together, waiting on the "real" paper ads to come in this week's newspapers, since we don't get mailed ads here. I know what I want from a few stores, so I can begin to plan my pricematching. My problem is, I work FT, have a horse, five dogs, three cats, and a family I take care of (cooking, cleaning, etc.) Hubby and family are generally good about helping to clean, so that's not an issue. I just have so much to do, it's hard to carve out time to plan the dinner I'm cooking for 20 to 25 members of our family (which I voluneered for, as I love to cook, and I'm spreading cooking and prep over 2 days, so it won't be too bad), AND put together a plan for BF. :eyepoppin

Oh, well. At least I had the good sense to take off from work tomorrow, to grocery shop for last-minute Tgiving dinner items, and to begin prep/cooking for TDay. Maybe between tomorrow and Thursday, I can also plan some. How do some of you guys manage to be so organized about your planning? I know you guys have jobs and/or families, too.

I've been scouting out my stores the past few days :) I was in Kohls today and all the people were buying stuff, and I was thinking "What are you doing?? You can save $$ on Friday!" LOL! Guess the hassle isn't worth it to everyone.

I moved last year across my metropolitan area, so I have a totally different set of store to go to and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to attack my plan. I'm almost tempted to drive to my old part of town! So no, you're not the only one.

I have a general idea, but I spend entirely way too much time on the computer planning and need to spend more on my house, lol. I know what my first stop will be and after that its kinda up in the air, will decide more of a plan on Thanksgiving when I have actual ads and time to do nothing!!!

I never have a full game plan till all the ads are in front of me. I don't really need anything this year as my kids are pretty much done. The regular sale ads and clearances made this possible. Just when I think I'll go to one store, I see something in an ad and go somewhere else

I won't put it all together until Thursday morning when I have the ads in hand. I'm a little curious to see how it goes this year for me. This is my first BF in a totally new state/area. I'm still not sure where everything is. Plus traffic here is always bad and I'm sure BF will be awful! But as long as I can find a Starbucks and get a Gingerbread latte, I'll be just fine. ;)

Still putting it together :)

I was planning on Walmart, but my latest write up notes show me going to Target for more :)

I might hit Target first, then off to TRU and CVS, and might not even HIT Walmart, if I get all I want at Target :)

Jason

OK, I feel a little better now! LOL At least I know I'm not alone! And I have my store (Super WM), wake-up time, and shopping buddies set. I know which toys from the WM ad I want to get for which kid in the family. So I guess it could be worse.

Last year, I had somewhat of an idea what I wanted (no big ticket items, bigest wants were the 18 qt. roaster for $20 for me, the mens/ladies/boys clothes for all of us, and the HotWheels sets they had for, like, $4 or so at WM) but got to WM at around 6:30, got the last roaster in the store (merry Christmas to me!) and generally got every single thing I wanted to get. Don't ask me how!

Happy plan-making to all! :holiday08

no major items needed this year either, so I guess I'm still going with Walmart first (I like to have the paper ads in hand first too)...mostly looking for stocking stuffer and small gifts...

I'm excited about BF in general, but none of the ads excites me too much, so I haven't really made much of a plan :(

Like most of the other posters, I wait until I actually have the ads in front of me. We already bought out plasma TV last week so no major purchases on BF. I do know that I want to go to Sears, Target, Wal-mart and Kohl's. I'm waiting for Thursday's paper to see ads from Menards, Dicks Sporting Goods, Scheels and Gander Mountain. I usually like to stock up on AA batteries on BF since they are usually on sale for really cheap but haven't seen any good deals on batteries thus far in the ads. Thursday evening will be my planning time. ;)

I've been getting some mixed feelings about when to exactly show up on thursday.

and stuff just keeps getting added to the list that makes me feel the need to be there earlier.

One of the things that i just found out was they now have supplies of ps3's and Wii's in stock

which they are holding on to till friday..GREAT..more people to line up.

But...it could be a blessing in disguise. Some might get discouraged and not want to line up

thursday because they think the line is for things they want. So who knows.

Anyway.

Game plan will be to hopefully scout around 3ish to see what's the story with the lines.

If there isn't anyone online I'll probably go back home and come around 4ish to see again.

If still nothing, I'll be grabbing food and hanging out in the car till i see someone get

on line and then proceed to get on line in the freezing and probably rainy day and camp till

then. I'll have a blanket, jacket, a few layers of pants and socks. Also a camp chair and probably hit up models for those heat packs and buy a bunch of those to throw in my

sneakers and inside coat to keep warm.

Guest JeepMom

I get my actual ads in todays paper, we don't get papers on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I'm so stoked just thinking about holding the paper ads!

I'll plan it out tomorrow on the road to my moms. I'll take my lap top so I can have a typed up list of what is where and on what page of what ad.

My game plan keeps changing....I am looking for a LCD TV around 20". Target seems to have the best deal. I think the 2 t.v.'s at Circuit City are not the "thin" ones...I think... Does anyone know? I think that LCD means that it is a thin t.v. - rather than having a flat screen but the t.v. is not thin.....

I went to Circuit City last year....very busy a couple hours before opening...so I thought I would have better luck getting this at Target as there is not as much electronics to choose from....

I really would like to buy 2 of them, (neither are for me). But I know they will only let you buy one. None of my friends are crazy enough to go shopping that early, they would rather pay full price. So it is hard to get anyone to go with me! My hubby stays home with the little ones...

Mine keeps changing also..I know I am hitting Walmart first. It isn't a supercenter so we will be waiting outside, now the forecast is Rain today through Saturday which should be fun. Plus I don't know what the 'secret' items are so that will depend on what I run for first. I will have to wait unti Thursday afternoon to finalize my game plan.

Like most, I am never able to get my game plan together until the ads are in front of me. Also don't forget some items might be able to be purchased online thanksgiving day so the game plan could still change. By Thursday night the game plan will be complete and will probably go out at that time to get in line.:)