v smile or leapster tv?

I'm debating between the v smile and the original Leapster maybe neither.

I want something that has a big controller thats easy to use (the leapster L-max controller would be too complicated I think) This will be his first video game and he just turned 4. If anyone can recommend one or if you have it and hate it, I'd love to know. TIA

I had the vsmile for my daughter when she was 3 to 4 years old. It was very easy for her to use. She really enjoyed it. It helped her with hand eye cordination(sp?). Its a great starter video game system imo. The games are really easy. She had the Dora game and the character doesnt die and she could play through the whole game with no problem. Hope this helps

My 4 yr. old wants a vsmile soooo bad. His best friend has one and she taught him how to play it. Walmart is supposed to have them for $30 as a doorbuster, which nearly $20.00 cheaper than the regular price. Radioshack is supposed to have them for $35.00 and games for $14.99, but you may want to look around because I don't think I got that info from this website.

I don't know anything at all about Leapster, but other leapfrog toys we've had were good quality. Good luck, whichever you choose!

I'm not familiar with the VSmile but I bought DS a Leapster when he was 4 (he is 7 now). He loved it and still plays it now and again (when he isn't playing his Nintendo DS or GameCube).

The Leapster is great because it grows with your kid -- into 4th and 5th grade. He learned how to spell with it and because it has Spider-man games and SpongeBob he was really into it.

Again, I can't compare it to the VSmile but I loved the Leapster. Now, he hated the LeapPad and that was a total waste of money.

My son turned 3 at the end of Sept. He has V smile. I got him his last year for christmas. He played with it a little through the year but in the last month or so he is crazy about it. He has all his games figured out. He has no problem with the controler and I am super impressed with how much it has helped him with his colors and shapes. He knew them before, but when he has his game goin he flies right through them. I am getting him the V smile pocket for christmas. It has gotten lots of bad reviews but I am going to give it a shot. I am very glad I got him the v smile.

I'm debating between the v smile and the original Leapster maybe neither.

I want something that has a big controller thats easy to use (the leapster L-max controller would be too complicated I think) This will be his first video game and he just turned 4. If anyone can recommend one or if you have it and hate it, I'd love to know. TIA

I posted my review of the two on Ebay guides, just search go to Ebay guides and seach fro leapster. Or also jou can view it at jamiewagers.gather.com

Grandparents just picked up vsmile for the 2 older kids gifts...they were worried that it could only be used with one controller. I was thinking that they must be packaged with just one controller and you can purchase a 2nd one if needed. Am I correct? Are all games single/double player? We have DD (almost 7) and DS 4 that this will be for. And you know if they don't get an equal chance to play we will surely hear about it! LOL

Also, any more deals on additional games -- or tips on which games your families have enjoyed? Thanks!

No one has mentioned the Leapster TV vs the VSmile....not the handhelds

Anyone have an idea....the reviews on amazon seem to favor the Leapster TV over the vsmile. The v-smile sounds like it has many breakdown problems?

I also saw a review that stated the Leapster games were better quality than the vsmile

Please...does anyone have more helpful ideas?

Thanks much appreciated:fluffy:

No one has mentioned the Leapster TV vs the VSmile....not the handhelds

Anyone have an idea....the reviews on amazon seem to favor the Leapster TV over the vsmile. The v-smile sounds like it has many breakdown problems?

I also saw a review that stated the Leapster games were better quality than the vsmile

Please...does anyone have more helpful ideas?

Thanks much appreciated:fluffy:

We had way more problems with the leapster then we did the vsmile, anyone who had and old nintendo nes system would understand how to fix their vsmile, just blow on the cartridges and the slot lol

Grandparents just picked up vsmile for the 2 older kids gifts...they were worried that it could only be used with one controller. I was thinking that they must be packaged with just one controller and you can purchase a 2nd one if needed. Am I correct? Are all games single/double player? We have DD (almost 7) and DS 4 that this will be for. And you know if they don't get an equal chance to play we will surely hear about it! LOL

Also, any more deals on additional games -- or tips on which games your families have enjoyed? Thanks!

You can add another controller, sign up for the vetech kids club, they always have offers for free accessories or games (with paid shipping).