x-mas gift for pregnant sister-in-law

I am stumped on what to get for my sister-in-law for christmas this year. She is 27 and is expecting her second child in the spring. She is into a lot of crafty things such as scrapbooking, making quilts also cooking and baking but she has a lot of that sort of stuff already. I'm looking in the $20 - $50 range, I may make up a basket of things too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Anything in particular that she is into with scrapbooking? Maybe you could buy her some different Jolee stickers or something like that. What about some pre cut quilt squares in her favorite colors. A few high end pans or stoneware? Or a set of the silicone pans. Bed Bath and Beyond has a ton of awesome things that you could pick a few of and make a basket up for her that had to do with baking things.

I norm just go for gift cards. Visa's so they can use them anywhere. But If you want to get something more personal. The gift basket would be great. If she likes to do crafty things I would tye in the fact that she will soon be having a baby and have most of the crafts deal with that.

This has nothing to do with baking or crafting, but maybe a massage? Especially since she's pregnant and taking care of a little one. ( you could throw in babysitting as part of the gift) My sisters did this for me when I was pregnant with my first and it was awesome. I live in a smaller suburb and it was $40 for an hour I believe. If there is ever a time to pamper someone its when they're big and pregnant.:D

For the craft stuff, make sure to use the 40% off coupons from Joann fabrics, michaels, and hobby lobby. Hobby Lobby coupons are available online (generally available every second week) - can print out multiples. JoAnn Fabrics & Michaels will take each other's as well as the Hobby Lobby coupons, but HL will only take their own.

I am pregnant & think both ideas listed here are great. I also am an avid scrapbooker. A baske with some nice scrapbooking items for the new baby would be great especially if its known boy or girl already. Otherwise, a massage would be nice too. We have local spa here that does scalp massages & that sounds so good. They also have a prenatel massage too. Are how about even a pedicure??

My cousin just had a baby and she scrapbooks also. I gave her an assortment of baby girl scrapbook paper, stickers, titles, etc. I didn't buy the actual scrapbook because I knew she wanted to pick that out herself. Try to find out if she uses a certain brand of items or if she doesn't care. Some people can be picky and only want Creative Memories, Jolee's stickers, etc. I picky that I only use Creative Memories albums because they are so great, but I don't care about what brand of paper or stickers that I use.

I was pregnant this time last year and people got me scrapbooking items which I am into also, but I have not had time to do more than one page. Maybe you could buy things like diapers and baby clothes or volunteer to babysit so she can rest once the baby is here. Maybe make her a coupon book redeamable to you.

I was pregnant this time last year and people got me scrapbooking items which I am into also, but I have not had time to do more than one page.

That's true too, for a friend I did put together a scrapbook for her and she just had to add the photos later on -- but then you would have to be into scrapbooking.

I also agree that maybe you should wait until the shower to give a baby gift and give her something for her at Christmas. A gift certificate for a massage, a nice haircut, a pedicure, or a manicure would be nice. The coupon book was also a good idea, perhaps if you're a good cook you could include coupons that would be where you prepare a casserole or two for the family.

• 2 weeks later...
My best Xmas gift that I got when I was 9 months pg was from my husband (we knew what we were having though, and had the name picked out). It was a frame from Things Remembered that held like 4 pics and was adorned with a moon and stars and the engraved plate at the bottom said "Alec and Mommy." Now I have two boys, and I wonder what Gavin will think when he's old enough to realize that there is a frame of pics just of his mommy and his big brother sitting on mommy's dresser...;)

I think that there's nothing better for a pregnant woman than a manicure and/or pedicure gift certificate.

I TOTALLY agree! I am 9 months pg right now and in serious need of getting my fingers and toes all done. If someone got me that as a gift, i would be in heaven. plus, having them done by someone else is a good thing, since i cant bend over anymore, lol.

I am 5 months pregnant, and I think maternity clothes, manicure/pedicure, or massage all sound good!! Or a basket of massage oil, bubble bath, etc. from Bath & Body works. Or a gift card to her favorite restaurant, because food is tasting really good right now, but cooking is not a favorite when you're tired and achy.

Personally, I'm not sure I would want baby related stuff for Christmas. The massage and the coupon book for babysitting sounds great, but I would save the other stuff for her baby shower or as a gift for when the baby is born. Maybe it's just me! :)

I totally agree. I got my future DIL stuff for her. A couple of T's from AE, and a set of pots and pans which they requested. Still working on the camcorder.

I did buy the baby 2 things,( not due 'til Feb) just the activity walker from Walmart on BF and a baby's first year calendar, but they are totally separate from DIL's gifts.

I am 29 and just had my 2nd baby on Sept 25th. I would recommend a MEMORY MAKER bracelet. I received one as a gift and it's awesome. You can print pictures of your little ones and insert them into the bracelet. You can show them off wherever you go. I have had many compliments on my bracelet. You can purchase these off E-bay. I think mine was purchased from JC Penney. Good luck!