should i take my 10 year old with me

jade#1

I take my son every year he is 13 now so this will be is 3rd year and he loves it. My friend brings her 14 year old too, here is the problem we go thru every year, they don't want to sell the big ticket items to kids, they tried telling me you had to be 18 to buy them, and of course i fight with them every time and win. But this year somethings are 1 Per Household, so don't know if i will get away with it this year,

I would not take my 8 y\o but have taken my 14 y\o for the last 2 years I guess it depends on how mature your child is and how big he or she is my oldest son was a big kid at 12 he was 5"2 now is 5"6 and big enough to get what he wants and to get them himself even with someone from the store arguing with him. He sticks to what he wants and gets them to give in..aaawww..just like Mom :gdconsoling1:

I wanted to take my kid with me on bf so i can get an extra item that i want, the ad said 1 per customer so she should count as another customer it doesnt state how old you have to be

It just depends on how your BB works. Last year at the BB in Frisco, Texas they were checking IDs for the one per customer and a women did what you were going to do and they said no. I would keep an close eye on your child and wish you all the best!

hmm I would say it depends on how mature she was, because you have to realize you might loose her or she might need to go somewhere you can't be and be able to handle herself with other people. I can't imagine ppl being that mean to a little kid, but there are those type of ppl around. But then again even for my age I get trampled on by ppl who think they can do it!

Personally I would let her come, it might be a fun adventure for her and you.. I used to love going with my mom. :gdhug1:

DD is 13 and loves to go, this will be her 3rd year. It really depends on the child and the area. We are a fairly small town as BF shopping goes so no major danger. I probably would not let her shop with me on BF if I was in Dallas or another major city. She has always gotten her own gift card etc. for waiting in line. Course she is my child so I cringe to think what she would do if they tried to tell her no she could not have a giveaway or buy something.

Her best friend asked to go with us tonight and I told her that is fine as long as you and your mother both agree that you fend for yourself ... you keep up with you and stay with the group ... any lagging will get you waiting in the truck until your mom comes to get you. I guess she saw the seriousness in my face and decided not to go, her mom was dying laughing because she knows how insane I get about BF.

Almost relating to the topic, I happen to be only 16 and this is my second year shopping on black friday. I might be going alone on Thanksgiving night to get some doorbusters but would the workers there hand me vouchers or would they think i'm just someone's kid to get another set of vouchers because unfortunately, my dad doesn't wish to be out in the cold?

Almost relating to the topic, I happen to be only 16 and this is my second year shopping on black friday. I might be going alone on Thanksgiving night to get some doorbusters but would the workers there hand me vouchers or would they think i'm just someone's kid to get another set of vouchers because unfortunately, my dad doesn't wish to be out in the cold?

Whether or not you can get the tickets for the doorbusters depends on the store's manager. What I would do is call the store(s) you plan on camping out at and ask the manager if you can get them by yourself or do you need to have an adult present.

I like the One Per Household rule. I always see family's of 3 or 4 getting multiples of one item just because they have their kids with them.

I'm sure if they were the 2nd to last person who didn't get a ticket item because someone a few people from them decided to splurge and take numerous doorbusters with them they wouldn't be too happy either.

I like the One Per Household rule. I always see family's of 3 or 4 getting multiples of one item just because they have their kids with them.

I'm sure if they were the 2nd to last person who didn't get a ticket item because someone a few people from them decided to splurge and take numerous doorbusters with them they wouldn't be too happy either.

Dumb question, If you have a large family and more then one person wants the same item for Christmas and you have people waiting in line with you, I think you should get what you you waiting for, Example say they were having a door buster on on GBSP and I had three little ones and I wanted one for all three, I couldnt get one even though I had three people waiting in line with me,

it really depends on the store...if you have 'three little ones' and you expect them to each get a ticket for an item, that's suggesting that they also have their own money and will be purchasing the item as well on their own

a lot of stores are also cracking down on this and starting to go to the 'one per household' rule because of it....what if the store only has 10 and the first person is a mom and her 6 kids and they each get a ticket....not REALLY cheating, but I'm sure the 5th person in line would be plenty mad

I hate one per household. My kids are 2 years apart and when they first came out with Tickle Me Elmo I had to wait in line twice because of this rule. That is also when we figured out that if we stand in line together for something we don't act like we know each other till we get the item in hand. We have never had a problem when it comes to DD not being able to get what she wants. I do think it is EXTREMELY unfair to tell a 13 year old that has stood in line for 2 hours with everyone else they are not worthy enough to get whatever. If you do the time you should get the reward period. We have never had a problem but I would call my local store to make sure that things will work out the way you want. Be sure and get names of who you talk to too. ;) I usually make sure she has enough money in her pocket to pay for whatever the item is if I take my child with me ... just in case.

Taking a 10 year old with ya for BF ? Seems a bit much to me just due to the craziness of it all and the hours. I mean, seriously, what are we teaching kids nowadays and, more importantly, what are they learning.

Sure, on the outside it seems like a fun filled outing full of excitement trying to get cool stuff for home but tht is not all they will be seeing. Fights, pushing and shoving, name calling, mobbing, trampling, yelling, and all other forms of the uglier side of humanity all in order to gain a "thing" that we could live life without.

Most people are NOT on their best behavior and that is fine when it is a bunch of adults involved but then you throw kids in the mix and it becomes something totally different.

Personally, I think kids should be as far from the ugliness as possible (i.e. at home sleeping) while the older teens and adults go into the madhouse known as Black Friday shopping.

I know some of you might think this post is melodramatic but, frankly, I could post about 35 videos from last year alone showing everything I just mentioned. It is a fact, not melodrama.

I think you'd be crazy to take kids with you. They'll slow you down on getting the deals you want! Think-how are you going to lug a huge computer box, some cds, etc around with junior tagging along looking at gameboy games. Take him in to BB today-ask him what he wants "Santa" to get him and get it on friday-let him sleep!