Getting a Bike at Walmart on BF

everyonesmom2

I really would like to get my daughter a bike this year. How hard is it going to be to try and get one on BF at the SWM near me? That place is crazy day and night any way. Will they let me steak one out ahead of time? I'm disabled so I can't stay there all night to do it, maybe an hour ahead of time at best.

Good luck. I bet if you told an employee as soon as you go in, they will help you. Maybe they could get you one and bring it to a register for you. Im sure they will do this OR call your Walmart ahead of time, tell them you are diabled and make sure someone can be there to help

I have bought a bike about every year I believe, and I have never had a problem getting one. Usually you are looking for a person with tickets , and you will pay at the register and go around the back to pick it up, and they are not assembled. I bought the kid bike at walmarts early sale, since I didn't see a kid bike on there BF ad witch was a first in a long long time.

A forewarning on the Walmart BF bike. It is a special order item (like most Walmart BF items). I got one for my wife last BF. She rode it a few times times after the spring thawout & the bearings in the pedal gear fell out & the pedal came apart. Since it was unlikely we could return/replace this one time offer item, I pitched it a couple of months ago. So you may want to be wary of the quality.

Thanks for the advice.

To tell the truth, I was 50-50 on whether or not to get it. $39 sounds awfully cheep for a bike. I was kind of wondering about the quality. Sounds like I'd just be throwing that money away if I bought it. Better to save that money and apply it to the cost of a real bike after Christmas.

Thanks again.

Might I suggest those wanting the 26" Walmart BF bike for $39 (Quest Sierra brand) take their happy selves over to Toys R Us for the $39 24" or 26" Huffy bike they have on sale all day today & tomorrow?!?!? Ad can be found under BF Toys R Us post.

Also use the $5 off $25 coupon found in Offline Deals to sweeten the deal!

I got a bike about 3 years ago at WM. I was 45 min early, but the line went to crap when they opened the doors and i squeezed through. Then I ran to the back of the store and got an index card for the bike I needed.(It was for a giving tree a little boy wanted a bike, which was unlikely to happen, but we made it happen) We paid, drove around, they loaded it and we were out of there. So if you want a bike get someone who is skinny and fast and you should be good to go.

Might I suggest those wanting the 26" Walmart BF bike for $39 (Quest Sierra brand) take their happy selves over to Toys R Us for the $39 24" or 26" Huffy bike they have on sale all day today & tomorrow?!?!? Ad can be found under BF Toys R Us post.

Also use the $5 off $25 coupon found in Offline Deals to sweeten the deal!

i didnt see this bike in the ad...i did see the likota(but it dont look like its a huffy...i hope im wrong...that would be very nice!)

I got one a couple of years ago... a Walmart employee helped me ... well he picked out the wrong one I must have asked him 4 times are you sure he said yes got up to the register ranf up another 50.00 dollars and was not the right one and of course they ran out

thanks for all the info, We didn't have the bikes on sale at the Toys-R-Us here at least I didn't see them in an ad and no one there knew any thing. I also don't think I will be able to ride the bike through the store, that would be a gas if I could though. I have a hard enough time just trying to walk without my wheelchair my children would really get a laugh to see me try and ride a bike:D

I had purchased one of my sons bikes at a bf sale a few years ago. He had problems with the gears/bearings in the pedals also. We took it back to walmart and they repaired it for free. We didn't have a receipt or anything (they could tell it was one of their bf specials I guess). They were more than happy to repair it no questions asked. The bike was just fine, no problems after that. So don't pitch that bike!