People camping out at Target tonight?

ingasmile

I guess for the Playstation 3 that comes out Friday? Can that be possible? :eyepoppin

I just got back a little while ago and there were 3 tents and a couple people without tents. It is bitter cold here about 25 degrees with a wind chill that will cut right thru you. People are crazy I tell you.

Inga

I guess for the Playstation 3 that comes out Friday? Can that be possible? :eyepoppin

I just got back a little while ago and there were 3 tents and a couple people without tents. It is bitter cold here about 25 degrees with a wind chill that will cut right thru you. People are crazy I tell you.

Inga

I would imgaine for those camping out some of them want them for the game itself, the others want them to place on e-bay.

Yep that would be why! My Dad lives in Anderson SC and he was going to try to get one for my step brother I told him weeks ago he was way to late to be looking into it now. Anyways I spoke to him on the phone tonight and took a chance and called my Walmart since Im in alot smaller area to see what was up they said they only got 10 and 10 people have been waiting in line since 12pm this afternoon:eyepoppin I dont think theres anything I could camp out for 2-3 days for, absolutely crazy. I am sad tho my step brother is a good kid (hes 9) hes heartbroken that he wont get one for Xmas and said he was very upset with Sony that he doesnt even want one now :(

News story was talking about someong camped out, here in Mass. At Best Buy maybe...

Guy said he didnt even WANT it... He's ebaying it for profit.

Co-worker (who's INTO games) said you buy for $600 and can easily sell for $2K.

YIKES!

The $20 Atari game (Walmart? Target?) for BF seems like a better investment for ME :)

Newspaper here in Jacksonville florida had an article in the paper about this monday. People started camping out here for it at Best Buy on Sunday!!!!! People are crazy! And anyone who would pay 1500+ for it on ebay is seriously deranged. I mean really people, why would you pay over twice the retail value of something just to get it now, instead of waiting 2 or 3 months and then there will be an abundance of them in the store.

Yep that would be why! My Dad lives in Anderson SC and he was going to try to get one for my step brother I told him weeks ago he was way to late to be looking into it now. Anyways I spoke to him on the phone tonight and took a chance and called my Walmart since Im in alot smaller area to see what was up they said they only got 10 and 10 people have been waiting in line since 12pm this afternoon:eyepoppin I dont think theres anything I could camp out for 2-3 days for, absolutely crazy. I am sad tho my step brother is a good kid (hes 9) hes heartbroken that he wont get one for Xmas and said he was very upset with Sony that he doesnt even want one now :(

Why is this Sony's fault. Don't you think that if they could make more they would. There are only a limited supply of PS3s and a demand that is greater than the supply. That is why people buy them to sell ebay for more than $1000.

I think that sony knew exactly what they were doing. They have been planning it for a couple of years now. They did the same thing with the PS2 and the XBOX 360. You couldn't touch one for the first few weeks, and now there are millions, sitting in glass cases getting dusty, waiting to be bought. Same thing as the Elmo's.

I dont see how anyone has the right to get upset if they're after say the 10th person in line.. if they dont get one. They know, everyone knows, that the stores are only getting a few of these things on round 1. So they chose to be out there with that many people in front of them..

Our Walmart is only getting 2, and giving out vouchers/rainchecks for the remaining 8. Not too sure what Targets getting.

I totally agree that Sony knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Supply and Demand people...and yup, Elmo is a great example of that (think about it, if there were plenty available, they wouldn't be getting NEARLY the publicity and people wouldn't be 'urgent' about getting one...same reason stores do early bird prices on BF...)