Ad is leaked - BF Ad discussion (Merged)

martinas

Front page offers good 9 pm - midnight 11/23

Buy a Motorola Razar V3 (2 models) Phone for only 29.99, activation required, and get $200 of ANY purchase storewide.

Compaq AMD 15.4" hd widescreen notebook $399 before cell phone offers

compaq presario desktop with 512mb, 80gb storage monitor n ot incl. $199 after 2 rebates - do cellphone offer and its FAR

All of the following are $199 before cell phone offer (some have additional rebates that are not cellphone rebates:

PSP Handheld

Apple 4GB ipod nano

Sperix 5.1 xbox surround sound system

8.1 megapixel vivitar digital camera (after 1 rebate)

Seagate 500 GB eSata External Hard Drive (after 1 rebate)

Motorola Bluetooth FAR

($39.99 - $20 instant - $20 eRebate)

Netgear Super G Wireless $4.99 AR

($79.99 - $20 instant - $55 eRebate)

Seagate 160 GB internal SATA HD $19.99 AR

($109.99 - $20 instant - $70 eRebate)

....and more...

That's an interesting twist... Too many MIRs though. And it seems like that REALLY want you to get that darn cell phone service.

I agree, plus here is some of the fineprint on cell phone offer:

Requires purchase of select cell phone. NEW in-store service activation with select Cingular, T-Mobile and sprint 2-year service plans 39.99 or higher and purchase of $200 or more of other store merchandise (before taxes). New activation measn yu must qualify as a new subscriber with the carrier. You must NOT have been a subscriber with that carrier within the last 180 days. Offer does NTO apply to upgrades, extensions or renewals. Provider early termination fees and $500 sutomer reimbursement to CompUSA ($300 phone and $200 rebate if cashed required if customer cancels service, changes to a lower monthly rate, transfers to another line of service or fauls to remain an active sutomer in good standing within the forst 7 month of service and doesn't return the cell phone with compusa's return

Policy period. Limit 1 rebate household...

Thats a lot of restrictions!

deals are luke warm at best. 9pm turkey day start, bastards - who do they think they are raising the bar like that!

And it looks like they're still doing the early morning thing as well! Luckily, it doesn't look like there's much worth getting either way. ;)

I know with Sprint if you add a phone to your service that is also included as a new customer. Also you don't have to NOT be a customer to have a completely separate account also.

Another thing to remember that with Sprint, they will allow you to cancel your service completely within the first 14 days of service if you are not satisfied.

Horrible.

What makes the whole thing even more frustrating for me is that I had an offer where I got a free $100 gift card for either BB, CC, or CUSA. Basing my decision on the two previous BFs, I went with CUSA. What a mistake (not that the other two are THAT much better...but at least they sell DVDs cheap). Now I have no idea what I would even use this card on.

Do they realize they had a 160GB SATA hard drive for $20AR LAST YEAR? Where's the advance in technology?

I'm really bummed about this year's BF overall.

Guest ladakn99
Totally not worth it. espesscally when i was looking at that Acer for $499 on the back page and i saw the T-Mobile Fine print. i said forget it... not even a reasonable TV for sale.... garbage

This ad is so bad I almost think it has to be fake as there is not more than one or two items that would make anyone go Thursday or Friday... most of the prices seem to be their normal prices with the exception of the $200 off with phone offer which isn't worth it (unless you happen to need a new phone and service) The door busters probably are about right but that $200 offer should be for all weekend making the door busters not worth going for... the "free" items with phone purchase (unless you can get them all free (but I think it states one offer) might make the phone offer attractive but not just one of them.

If they happened to have some good prices for the weekend sale, it might be worth going thursday night to make sure you get what you want but all the prices are normal prices so where is the incentive to go and if there is none why bother to open early on either dayas everyone should just order online today.

COMPUSA could have done better. I feel let down by their ad. I love buying computer upgrades and this year they failed me.

two years ago they had 256mb pc RAM memory for 9.99 (after rebates)

they also had a 60GB internal Hard Drive for $29.99

This year I was hoping to get 512mb for under $20 or 1gb Ram for under $30 however their idea of a door buster is 512m for $35 - What a disapointment The ad price for the video cards, dvd burner, and hard drives are the same as the price you can get them for in their regular sales during the year.

This ad is really dispointing The last 2 years were great at Compusa. I am looking forward to this ad after seeing the BESTBUY ad. However, this ad really sucks. I got an 41 coupon for Compusa. Now I am not so sure what to use it on. Staples has the best harddrive deal going. The only deals i saw that looked good at Compusa was the deals on laptops. An dual core AMD for under 600 after rebate isn't bad at all.

Compusa stopped their rewards program after only doing it for less than a year. Now they are giving us terrible deals.

Please bring us back the real Compusa.

Hm. I might step in to get a 2 GB SD card for $30, but other than that, like others have said here, *big fat yawn*

Seriously, what is with advertising things like the PSP and Xbox 360 in the context of a sweeping deal like the Motorola thing? (PSP - FREE AFTER REBATE!!!! Or, regular price if you don't sign a service contract and commit to paying a $500 fee if you cancel early)

Hm. I might step in to get a 2 GB SD card for $30, but other than that, like others have said here, *big fat yawn*

Seriously, what is with advertising things like the PSP and Xbox 360 in the context of a sweeping deal like the Motorola thing? (PSP - FREE AFTER REBATE!!!! Or, regular price if you don't sign a service contract and commit to paying a $500 fee if you cancel early)

Why pay $30 for a 2gb card when you could get 2 1gb cards at CC for $6.