What about Belk stores on BF?

hahsmom

Most Belk stores are located in the southeastern US. Their primary focus is on name-brand clothing and accessories, high end cosmetics/fragrances and home related products like bed and bath, china, decor, etc. Their prices tend to be high. I used to shop at the local Belk and then find the same clothes for less at Goody's. Prior to Christmas there are frequent Belk ads in the paper with % off coupons. It's been quite awhile since I went there on Black Friday but the crowds were minimal.

I love shopping at Belk on BF. The small town where I lived only had Belk, Walmart and Kmart so we would stop at Belks. The BF sales are pretty good especially on shoes, jewelry, pocketbooks and some clothes. I would check the paper to see if anything comes out.

Does anyone know if Belk is going to do the crackerjack sale that McRae's usually does? This is the first BF that we will have Belk instead of McRae's.

Same here. It will be my first BF with Belk and was just wondering what to expect...:confused:

Belk is taking over Parisian here at the nearest mall,and I am not happy about it. We have one in my small hometown, and it is overpriced mediocore brand stuff that you can get at other stores much cheaper mixed in with overpriced brand name stuff you can get at TJMaxx. I prefer Parisian, mainly because they have better sales and a better cosmetic selection.

My MIL is a frequent Belk shopper. She is amazing - she always seems to sniff out the best deals - and then loads up. She shops there so often, most of the clerks know her. lol!

I like Belk - only b/c it convienent and just like Dillards/Macy's/Hecht's (you get the idea). I rarely buy anything in Belk without a coupon or a discount. I just can't bring myself to buy their stuff at regular price. Luckily, with my MIL, it's easy to shop there b/c she always knows when they are having their good sales.

Belk usually has a good BF ad. Last year they had watches for cheap, sterling silver 50-70% off, brand name purses for 20 and under, um clothing at deep discounts etc. electronics for way cheap, and cookware on sale, they had pillows-the nice feather kind for 4.99 but i was too late. I went last year and got jewelry, shoes for insane prices and three purses, frying pan set, cd alarm clock, dvd player and walked outta there only spending 75.00 bucks. They usually wait until Thursday in the paper to put thier black friday ad.

Great store a little pricey, but about the same as Parisans. I usually just shop thier sales and they tend to have quite a few of them.