TVs, Computers, etc -- How old are the models you're replacing?

MarkRaby

I've noticed a lot of people talking about replacing TVs and computers (and other stuff) on BF, so I was curious to know, if you are looking to replace some of your household stuff, how old are the things you're replacing? For example:

I want to replace my TV this year with a bigger, HD one. The current TV I have now is a 27" SDTV and I got it about two years ago, though it was the cheapest one you could get. It was from Best Buy's in-house Insignia brand. The colors bleed terribly, the sound isn't the best, and overall image quality just leaves a lot to be desired. I'm looking for a 42"+ HDTV, flat-panel, wall-mountable, with at least 720p.

I also am looking to get a new digital camera to replace the bulky 5 MP one I currently own. I just got it last year, and it's not a bad camera, but it is rather big for its level of performance. I'm hoping to get a digital camcorder that can take 3+ MP still shots, for a reasonable price.

I want to replace the 27" tv in our bedroom. It's dated 1991 and the frame around the glass is completely broke off. All the buttons and speakers are showing. lol. It works well with a universal remote. It still has good color and everything, it just looks like crap. lol.

My son wants it though because it's bigger than the 20 in he has in his room.

We replaced the computer, camera and camcorder last year.

I'm hoping to replace my DD's television in her room. It's 19 or 20 inch (I'm not sure which) and it's dated back to Noah's Ark. The power button fell off and I gotta stick a crayon back in there to turn it on. When it comes on it then has to "warm up" and the picture is snowy for a good 10-20 minutes before it actually comes on. Its definately bit the dust.

I'd also like to replace my digital camera. It's a 4.0mp easyshare with 3x zoom. I love it, but I'd like to have something with more zoom & couple more megapixels, so I'm leaning toward the easyshare from Best Buy if I can get up enough money for it.

This year our living roomTV is dated 1995--everytime you walk across the living room floor you get lines on tv..lol Computer is 5 years old still works pretty good but it really loud. Camera is way old still used film moving up in the world

Next year I plan on getting laptops and maybe a bigger tv for the livingroom and move the one from this year to the great room.

I am hoping to get a new TV. Nothing bigger, same size actually. I am looking at the 27" HDTV. We have a 27" RCA in the living room now, and altho the picture works great, the TV itself is falling apart. The front A/V outlets are very finicky, and its next to impossible to get them to work anymore. The buttons are all loose, its only a matter of time, lol. Just got a camra last year, so we're all good there. MAY be replacing my 2000 Gateway desktop this year, that just depends on alot of things.

were going to replace our computer, is only 9 years old. is a compaq. Been a great one as well, just a bit slow! Not sure what we are looking for just a good deal.So will be fun, as they have changed so much since we last bought ours.

were going to replace our computer, is only 9 years old. is a compaq. Been a great one as well, just a bit slow! Not sure what we are looking for just a good deal.So will be fun, as they have changed so much since we last bought ours.

If you find any really good computer deals please let me know..I am looking for at least :

3200 processer 512 mb ram dvd burner 160 gb hard drive.. I am trying to scan the ads but my kids keep interupting LOL

RAchel

DH wants to replace the main TV in the family room. It's a 25 year old Mitsubishi and IMHO is still working fine. :rolleyes: Twice it had a spell of fading in and out, but that was several months ago and it's OK now. I think it was in the cable and not the TV (Adelphia changing over to Comcast).

He just wants a bigger one, like his brother got. Monkey see, monkey do with those two. Since he can only sit about 8' from it anyhow (narrow room), I don't see why we have to have a bigger one.