items not in stock?

firestone71

i actually have to go to walmart tomorrow. I've been thinking of this as a possibility for a couple days but others have said they will not honor other stores coupons. but you are right all they could do is say no! then again maybe paying the 69.99 would be worth while. less hassle and no more frustration or worrying about not getting the doll!!

Have you asked customer service to check other Target stores in the area to see if they have any? I was looking for a booster seat this summer and my local Target didn't have it for weeks, I finally went to customer service and they put the item code in the system and told me which stores in the are had it. The were even nice enough to call the other store and have them hold one for me until I could come and get it later in the day.

Target s/be $69 - the $10 coupon at all stores. An initial shipment before the catalog came out to all stores has blown out in select stores. The item is still in stock in certain stores, however, they do not ship from store to store. That being the case, ask for a supervisor at your closest store to do a "item locate" to see which is the closest one with them instock. Unfortunately, you will have to travel to that store within 24 hours to purchase the unit, as they only hold products for that time frame. Followup shipments from the manufacturer may, or may not, arrive before the coupon expires, but that the nature of the way it works when you want items for a super price when they are in great demand.

Once your local Walmart runs out, they most likely won't be getting anymore in either. If you are truely tired of waiting, pay the extra $10 bucks @ Walmart.

My target toybook/coupons states that prices are good till the 22nd.

I thought that Target's policy was that they give rainchecks on all items not in stock unless otherwise stated (if the sales ad says "no rainchecks"). That's one of the things that I like best about Target. We don't get this service at our local Wal-Mart and most items at Best Buy.

Target s/be $69 - the $10 coupon at all stores. An initial shipment before the catalog came out to all stores has blown out in select stores. The item is still in stock in certain stores, however, they do not ship from store to store. That being the case, ask for a supervisor at your closest store to do a "item locate" to see which is the closest one with them instock. Unfortunately, you will have to travel to that store within 24 hours to purchase the unit, as they only hold products for that time frame. Followup shipments from the manufacturer may, or may not, arrive before the coupon expires, but that the nature of the way it works when you want items for a super price when they are in great demand.

Once your local Walmart runs out, they most likely won't be getting anymore in either. If you are truely tired of waiting, pay the extra $10 bucks @ Walmart.

walmart has had them for the 69.99 for quite some time. alot longer than target anyway! and they still have them is stock? and the price cut for target was just put out that day or the day before. from what the sales associate said so they must not have had that many in stock because i was there at 8am that sunday morning and they had none then!:(

I thought that Target's policy was that they give rainchecks on all items not in stock unless otherwise stated (if the sales ad says "no rainchecks").

Definitely not true. There are a ton of things not eligible for rain checks. Price cuts are one, items that have signs that are "As Advertised" are another (as more often than not these items don't have a different price, they're just in the ad), and then yes, anything stated as such on the sign, which includes anything that comes with a free giftcard, or if something is a "buy item a, get item b" situation.

Also, not just supervisors can do merchandise locates. Any team member can do them from any register, or even from the handheld PDT's that we all carry.

i just got the doll!!! yah for me!!!!:yay: went to target at 8am this morning and they had one in.:eyepoppin just went to get a price adjustment on another item i had bought and thought i would just check because you never know! there it was ONE allysen doll i ran and grabbed it! good thing to because as i was checking out tons of people started coming in and outside there were about 4 to 5 buses. this is why i go early to avoid the bus tours!

just want to thank you all for your suggestions and help, it is really appreciated!

this site is amazing!!:clapping:

they take bus tours of target?

i am located very close to the canadian border and we get a lot of bus shopping trips to our shopping strip which is very close to the mall. Lots of stores kholes, walmart. target, babiezrus, best buy cuircut city, marshalls, tjmax ,TRU and many, many more located around and inside the mall!! Weekends... just trying to go up that stripe are a big pain in the A--!!!!:curse: i try to stay clear and get as much done now as possible because after BF it will be a mad house!!!

oh and by the way i just wanted to comment that i just got back from walmart and they had tons of amazing allysen doll. they had a whole front isle filled top to bottom! i know i got my doll but i still am amazed that walmart can have sooooo many in stock and target only hasd one this morning!!!!

As an ex-employee who left Target not too long ago, I can give you one piece of advice: don't on them having toys and electronics in stock. I worked three black Friday's with the company and they would always have a hundred blenders, can openers, etc. But when it comes to toys and electronics, they would always have no more than 10 in stock. Last Black friday I even approached the store manager about this and he said the ads get people in the store and if they can't get the item, then too bad. Keep in mind that I don't hate target. I left to go to schooll full time. But I did work in the backroom and was able to clearly see how much stock they had on hand.

As an ex-employee who left Target not too long ago, I can give you one piece of advice: don't on them having toys and electronics in stock. I worked three black Friday's with the company and they would always have a hundred blenders, can openers, etc. But when it comes to toys and electronics, they would always have no more than 10 in stock. Last Black friday I even approached the store manager about this and he said the ads get people in the store and if they can't get the item, then too bad. Keep in mind that I don't hate target. I left to go to schooll full time. But I did work in the backroom and was able to clearly see how much stock they had on hand.

believe that to be true.. at least in MY area. They have things in ads ALL the time. I get there early sunday morning and they dont have them. drives me CRAZY. meijer also does this.

believe that to be true.. at least in MY area. They have things in ads ALL the time. I get there early sunday morning and they dont have them. drives me CRAZY. meijer also does this.

that was my problem at least i know that i am not crazy and others are seeing this as well! it happened again with the cranium giggle gear went to jget it sunday mornign and no masks in stock. i love target as well but come on!

target gets good deals, but its SO hard to get the items itsrarely worth my time and money to go there when I can shop at walmart. I have NEVER gone to wm and not had them have something thatwasinthe ad.I knowthey had an issue with the laptops lastBF but i didnt want them

target gets good deals, but its SO hard to get the items itsrarely worth my time and money to go there when I can shop at walmart. I have NEVER gone to wm and not had them have something thatwasinthe ad.I knowthey had an issue with the laptops lastBF but i didnt want them

And it is NOT JUST Target® (out of stocks)!! You might go to a different Target® in the country and they might have 50-100 of the item you want.:):) The W*M down the street will have 1 or 2.:):)

Another thing to keep in mind when going to Target® and that is if something has dropped in price it is known as a "Temporary Price Cut." NOW, not all stores will have these price cuts at the same time:(:( (same as clearance items). A temporary price cut is just that, TEMPORARY. Look on the tag on the bottom right and this will be the effective date of the "price cut". CLEARANCE items......on back "end caps" of some isles, are not the same at every store. IF there are 5 or so stores in your area not all will have a clearance item 'on clearance' at the same time (BUT is is possible they might). If you find aclearance item and want to know if there is 1 or 2 more do not ask an employee, all clearance items are taken out of stock, priced, and put on back end caps.

Watch out for the words 'imited Quantity' and 'For a limited time/time only'. 99.99% of the time you will not be able to get a raincheck. AND look to see if it says 'No Rainchecks for this item" in the ad. Please read the ad (no matter where you shop).

RS