What does "Early Bird" mean next to the item under the Black Friday item section?

markman005

blessed is right - just be sure to note what times the early bird specials are for the stores you want to go to. Some stores open at 5am, 6am, 7am, and so on and early birds can end at different times for different stores. Also depending on the popularity and the quantity of the product, a certain item may not be available for that whole time period - and most stores will not give a raincheck if they run out of items on BF.

Okay - I had the same question, but now I have another question.

BB has a LCD TV that I want, and it has the 'Early Bird' indicator on that item. How do I find out what time the store actually offers this item? Also, for BB, isn't it necessary to get in line several hours earlier than the store actually opens in order to get the item? If so, what are recommendations for that? In my limited experience, BB always had the longest lines of anyone.

===Edit:

I just read the store hours thread.

Best Buy's hours are 5:00 AM till 11:00 PM on BF. This is confirmed in Miami, FL.

So I guess I probably need to be in line about 3:00a????

at the best buy in our area by 11pm it was too late to expect to get any of the good door buster items last year... I'd shoot for 8PM if I were you... that's why I hope wal mart has a good ad... I got there at 1130 and there was no line for the laptops, which they had 40 of stacked in plain sight behind the counter in electronics, until about 1:30am. You could have got there by 3 and still been early enough. Plus it's nice and warm in the wal mart... it was about 10 degrees F outside that night.

I'm crossing my fingers that wal mart will have that 37 inch emerson LCD for 799 or less on black friday... heard and seen good things about the picture it has.. and if it breaks down, well that's what the warranty is for. :)

At the closest BB to me, I was there at 12:30 am and was fine at getting what I needed. However, all BB's are different. I was like 23 or so in line when I got there. If you go at 3 am however, you may not be there early enough to get what you want. Ours at 3 am had a line around the building by that time.

Good luck!

Remember most stores only have xx number of door busters usually 10-20. Last year we visited BB at 11PM and they already had 40 or so people in line. So the laptop I wanted was already sold out 6 hours before the store even opened! CC was the same.

It all depends on your location. Some people are lucky enough to get in line at 3AM and get everything they want but that's very rare. I am VERY jealous of those people. In most metropolitan cities if you're not in line by 10PM, you can kiss the door busters good bye. YMMV and there will always be an exception to the rule.

BF only happens once a year and I'd rather be safe (early) than sorry (late). How badly do you really want that item?