Not impressed by Best Buy's BF sale << merged >>

Havic

I'm not really impressed by the sales. There is a good deal on a laptop and Desktop but that's about it.The Portable DVD is not that great of a deal you can get them for about $80 at some places. I am disappointed in the sales they are having I might just goto walmart instead.

Let's see.....the Klipsch Quintet III surround system for $250 isn't a bad price at all. The Westinghouse 22" widescreen LCD computer monitor for $199 is a good price; the Samsung 19" widescreen LCD monitor for $129 is quite nice, too.

Lots of good prices at BB........worth it, at least to me, NOT to fight the insane crowds at Wal-Mart.....and if early enough, almost assure yourself that you WILL get at least some if not all of the items you want, something you cannot be sure of at WM.

Ok Maybe I worded this wrong. There are deals but there

are the same type of items as last year, The TVs are a good buy

but I have a 52" pioneer and a 27" sony. As far as the computer they are some good

deals but I am just not impressed with the over all ad. There are some good deals I was hopinf for like a DS Bundle package or XBox 360 bundle or something.

Totally disappointed.

Media wise, it sucks.

It seems like it's lots of really bad movies and only a few Season sets.

I usually go to BB for the media but this year...I'm gonna wait for the Circuit City and Target ads to see what they have in store.

Though the Wireless Guitar Hero Guitar for 39.99 is awesome. Too bad the guitar is ugly.

Agreed. To paraphrase Homer Simpson: "These deals are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. They suck!"

TV deals are abysmal. Nothing in the 37"-40" range, and only a B-brand at 42". Craptrastic.

EDIT: UGH! I just noticed that the one ray of light in their TV deals, the 42" Westinghouse, isn't the much acclaimed and well-rated 1080p model! And it ISN'T A TV: IT HAS NO TUNER! This isn't a deal, its a lure. :gdcensored:

BB this year is a dud, the only deals i can see are

19" LCD = 130 something... ok deal, but dang, 19" WS? that's barely bigger than regular 17" cuzz it's WS...

32" westinghouse... ok good deal. but how to get one is gonna be a problem. i'm not gonna stand in front of the store at 8PM on thursday for this...

Laptop = same as every year before this

Desktop = same as every year before this

the 22" WS LCD = 200 might be ok... again just ok, not great... i think we had a few poping up at the same price before during this month.

i give up.... i'm just gonna wait for fry and see what's good. if nothing then i'll stay home this BF and avoid the crowd.

Totally agree. I think its a lure as well. Hopefully people dont confuse this with the Westinghouse LVM-42w2. You can see the BF early bird 42 Westinghouse on the BB site. It has a nice "New!" on the initial BB page. I would be leary about this model. No reviews... etc. I have the 32 inch version of the Westinghouse (LTV-32w1) and price to performance ratio when purchased last year was fantastic. Its a great box, and its a Westinghouse, but like with any other company, not all products that hit stores are top notch items. Hopefully this will get a quality, professional review before BF.

On a seperate note I purchased the 22 inch Westinghouse LCD computer monitor for much more then the 199 offering for BF and it to is a quality piece.

I think there are lots of great deals, it just depends on what you need or want.

I agree. I think people sometimes get greedy and want the sun, moon and stars for nothing.

And just because you don't see anything you want, doesn't mean the deals aren't good...

I have been going to BB on BF for at least 5-6 straight years now but not this year. Nothing in there for me. If they think people are going to flock for a generic brand TV I got news for them.

Hopefully Circuit City will have something better.

Big disappointment with BB.

Honestly, the BB early bird deals, at least to my eye, are deals. $189 for a computer w/a 15" LCD? Granted, a 15" LCD isn't my cup o' tea, but since they're retailing for $120 or so, that makes the complete computer quite a deal for someone.

The 22" LCD......cheapest I've been seeing is around $320 or so...just wonder where you've been seeing 22" WS LCD's for $200 already. I know I've not seen any and I cruise lots of deal sites.

The laptop........just because it replicates the price for a bit better componentry doesn't make it a bad deal, just a repeat of a good deal.

The main thing I was hoping for was sets of "X-Files" or "24" on sale. But Best Buy had 24 on sale last year for $19.99, but I wasn't hooked on the show then. Still holding out hope that SOME retailer will markdown sets of "24" so I don't have to shell out the $40+ per season. Damn. Other shows I was hoping for: The Wire, Oz, Carnivale, Deadwood, House. Damn damn damn!

the masses will still go. Perhaps they weren't trying as hard to cater to us hardcores. In any case, I'm not going to wait in line all night just to save a hundred bucks on the 32 inch westinghouse... still some good deals though, just nothing worth waiting all night in line for.

My husband wants a big HDTV thats 1080p. I was sooo hoping to find it at BB. The rumor about the 30% off all TV's and the Rumor about the Sharp LCD had me all excited so I am disapointed. The deals look good though if its stuff you want. I do want a front loading washer and dryer but not sure how good the one they have is. I figure sears will have a good deal on those to or better yet my military PX for NO TAX :)

Mara

Honestly, the BB early bird deals, at least to my eye, are deals. $189 for a computer w/a 15" LCD? Granted, a 15" LCD isn't my cup o' tea, but since they're retailing for $120 or so, that makes the complete computer quite a deal for someone.

The 22" LCD......cheapest I've been seeing is around $320 or so...just wonder where you've been seeing 22" WS LCD's for $200 already. I know I've not seen any and I cruise lots of deal sites.

The laptop........just because it replicates the price for a bit better componentry doesn't make it a bad deal, just a repeat of a good deal.

i think there was quite a few, OD, CC, and costco to name a few... you must not be looking hard enough.

this year is a total disappointment. I have to admit that i am more like those hardcore people that gets all the doorbusters everyyear (and I live in los angeles, have to fight with all other insane crowds). This year, nothing is worth buying. The rumor of sharp 32" LCD tv was remain a rumor (sucks! I was excited and actually went to BB to look at it). I guess paying 799.99 for Toshibas is not a good deal. Currently, Costco sells Sharp Aquos 32" for 999.99. If i waited for a few, it will drop to the price thats better than BB's BF price. And its a SHARP, and its covered by the costco's return policy! I guess best buy this year is trying to clear their unwanted goods (westinghouse, solo core computers, KODAK digitcams). I just think that BLack friday should be some deal that excites people not likw...OH OK kinda deal u know? since this is an once a year event.