RESOLVED: Site Error on Westinghouse 32" for $479

prometheus

There are 2 Westys on sale for $479 - a 32" that is part of the doorbusters, and a 27" that is good all day Friday and Saturday :)

http://www.officialblackfriday.com/aditempics/bestbuy/1762.jpghttp://www.officialblackfriday.com/aditempics/bestbuy/1867.jpg

Any idea how many of the 32" BB typically has available for the door buster deal? I am thinking only a handful.

Also, although the Westie 32" shows up on the link, I can't find that model anywhere else? Strange.

I would bet no more than a dozen, probably less.

The 32" is a door buster. They are not going to be any in the wherehouse that you can order. Once they are gone they are gone.

:bonk: Ok.. I will explain .. I bought a tv from bb that was SOLD OUT and yes was a DOORBUSTER directly from the warehouse and shipped to my house next business day which was the following monday.

I guess this is only my store that does this:confused: .

:bonk: Ok.. I will explain .. I bought a tv from bb that was SOLD OUT and yes was a DOORBUSTER directly from the warehouse and shipped to my house next business day which was the following monday.

I guess this is only my store that does this:confused: .

This is the firs time I have ever herd of something like this happening. If you want one of the door buster items I wouldn't count on getting one unless you are one of the first ones in line at the store.

Is that a good t.v to have just for viewing, not for gaming? We have a 27" in our room and I want a bigger t.v. but if dh can't go with me on bf, I don't want to buy something that is not a rusty penny.:yup:

The Westinghouse 32" LCD for $479 is great for regular TV viewing. Of course it looks best when viewing HD content.

Since it has a built-in HD tuner you can get free OTA HDTV content with an antenna.

Enter your physical address at AntennaWeb.org to see how far you are from the towers.

The Westinghouse 32" LCD for $479 is great for regular TV viewing. Of course it looks best when viewing HD content.

Since it has a built-in HD tuner you can get free OTA HDTV content with an antenna.

Enter your physical address at AntennaWeb.org to see how far you are from the towers.

I am new to the whole HDTV thing. So how does this whole antenna thing work? We have satellite TV, so does the antenna go outside like the satellite or is it inside? Sorry I just have no idea how this works and we are really thinking about getting an HDTV this year, but I don't want to get it and have no idea how to make it work.

Thanks!

I am new to the whole HDTV thing. So how does this whole antenna thing work? We have satellite TV, so does the antenna go outside like the satellite or is it inside? Sorry I just have no idea how this works and we are really thinking about getting an HDTV this year, but I don't want to get it and have no idea how to make it work.

Thanks!

DirectTV? I'd be surprised if your sat provider didn't already have some HD feed availiable.

Thanks!

You can use an internal or external antenna, it just depends on where you live. Go to the site that the other poster linked to to get an idea. Many can get away with an internal antenna just fine. You can find "HD" specific antenna's pretty cheaply and unless you are in a spot where the reception is particularly bad, you shouldn't have to spend more than $50 for one. I use a super old (but decent sized) Radio Shack attic antenna and I can pull in my local HD no problems.

Alternatively you can get HD from your satellite provider. You will need to add HD service to your account (an extra fee depending on package). Then you will need to upgrade your equipment. Depending on exactly which satellite company you are going through and what equipment you have now, at a minimum you will need a new receiver. You may need to upgrade your dish as well.

Even if you do get your HD from your sat provider, you can still hook up your own antenna to get your local channels in HD (similar to how it was in the old days before the sat companies started offering local channels themselves). So if you were to purchase the LCD tv, you would connect your new HD receiver via the component, or DVI or HDMI (depends on the receiver) connectors and then your HD antenna to the TV itself and you're good to go.

but u know one thing that really disappointed me is that my best buy (Cerritos, CA) store. The employees already picked the items that they have extra (I know the managers let them do that b/c i caught some employee's "family" already got the items reserved. So, they are only giving out like the minimal quantity that they have on the ad, or even have less than that as the price on the ad. Rest of the invoice are either reserved to their employees OR they added bunch of the crappy softwares. I think BB should do something to not let their employees to shop advance than us lining up outside the whole night or else everyone can just apply a temp job there and shop ahead.

This model is probably a BB exclusive and I didn't see complete specs on Westinghouse's web site.

Here's a thread I found -

Haha, thanks for trying but if you scroll down to the last post you'll notice I asked there first (note there would be a smiley here but I'm not allowed to use images, or links apparently).