Dont waste time in Comp USA

icemonkey

hi! i am new here and i am really interested in going to CompUSA next week. i've never been to a BF before so i really don't know what to expect!

i am really confused as to when the items on the ad will be on sale. i am particularly interested in the HP Pavilion Notebook for $549...but i don't know when it would go on sale..thurs 9-12midnight or fri 5am-12pm?

anyone want to clear things up for me? pleasE?

Its like all they have is rebates!! I HATE REBATES!! now best buy this year is doing good on cutting down rebates

Then don't shop there. Some of us do prefer having bigger discounts at the expense of having to wait for them. I'm of the opinion the "no rebates" policy several stores have adopted is playing a significant role in making this year's BF so poor overall (BB included). Besides, CompUSA's (and Staples) e-rebates are a piece of cake to deal with.

In moderation, rebates are not the evil monster many make them out to be. Unfortunately retailers do sometimes take it to an extreme (like CC this year).

Stores do the mail in rebates mainly because a large part of the population who are entitled to one either do not send it in, or do something incorrectly. Let's face it, it's smart business. They are in the position of, look u do this and we'll pay you back xx.xx dollars, but hey if you cant or dont or forget to do it, then that is more in their profit margin. Like I said - good business.

Stores do the mail in rebates mainly because a large part of the population who are entitled to one either do not send it in, or do something incorrectly. Let's face it, it's smart business. They are in the position of, look u do this and we'll pay you back xx.xx dollars, but hey if you cant or dont or forget to do it, then that is more in their profit margin. Like I said - good business.

Totally agree. The other big money maker is gift cards that folks either lose, don't use, or let expire.

Our CompUSA in SF is the worst. Long lines, always out of stock, poor service, just nothing at all good about the place. Rude management. I would not go to this store even if they were giving away ipods, imacs or whatever. Just not worth my time to deal with this company. Ever.

Due to very bad experiences in the past, please dont waste your time here.Please go to a better place-BB, CC OD, OM etc

I wanted one item they advertised on sale beginning at 9:00 pm Thursday. I was in the door at about 9:01. But I never saw the item.

In addition, it seems the real reason for these limited quantity sales with mass advertising is to get a number of customers coming into the store even many hours later, asking about items that were gone at the beginning of the day. The idea is the customer will buy something else while there. I don't fall for that. But go in the store and listen to others whine about it. They spent their gas and made the trip anyway, late in the day.

I did make a purchase of a couple of items that were 'free with rebate' Thursday night. There was a very long line to check out. One man with a Comp USA tag came around working the line trying to sell additional things. "Do you have cables? Do you have paper?" After turning him down on his first encounter, he came back two more times with the same dumb questions. He had the answer. It's impossible to have a positive view of these practices.

Then when I finally got to the register I found out what was delaying things so much. Clerks at the registers were arguing with customers that they need to buy extended warranties. They even tried to sell me an extended warranty on the router that was advertised for $1.97 "after rebates." Some people in line with merchandise found that some items didn't go on sale until the next day, while the explanation of this was in the fine print of the ad. Again it's impossible to have a positive view of this store.

The rumor is the best specials went to store employees who got theirs before the store opened.

I guess if I learn Spanish I could write to the owner and complain. He's in Mexico City, and known as "Mr. Slim"

I AGREE! The Comp USA here SUX! Went in there several times to only be ignored by RUDE sales people who were to busy in personal convos or sucking up to people they thougt were more important. The advertised items were never in stock, rebates not recieved and after a coworker complained to HQ about the RUDE EES she recieved several not so polite phone calls fand emails from the local store manager who BTW HQ did nothing about.

The Compusa here is awful. My experience was terrifying and I'm writing a letter to their corporate office. It's not right.

Be carefull about giving them personal info. They give your phone and email to the store manager. I know of a coworker who recived several not so poilte calls from a manager of a store she and the DH had probs with and wrote to complain. :mad: I have not been there since that and experiencing RUDE customer service.

Bad Business IMO! Ill pay a few extra bux then play the wait on rebate game. You can always find a simialr item at a decent price that you dont have to fork over the $$$ and wait months for a rebate.

Be carefull about giving them personal info. They give your phone and email to the store manager. I know of a coworker who recived several not so poilte calls from a manager of a store she and the DH had probs with and wrote to complain. :mad: I have not been there since that and experiencing RUDE customer service.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking of filing an ADA claim against the store.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking of filing an ADA claim against the store.

On what basis? They wouldn't drop what they were doing to help you in front of other people because you're covered under the ADA? I know their stores are accessible.

By the way I started this thread guys!

Time and time again I strongly advised you guys not to waste time here!

Dont waste any more of your time by complaining to the corporate office etc.

I went this route by complaining to various consumer protection agencies, but it was a waste of time, nothing happenned.

Move on with your lives and post messages next year so that it is helpful for first timers