Breakfast on Christmas Morning?

sevirj

When I was little, my mom got up early on Christmas Morning and made breakfast for my dad and I, and for any friends or family that came by to visit or to see what Santa brought me.

Lots of biscuits with country ham or homemade sausage, and scrambled eggs. Of course I only stopped every once in a while to eat, because I was too busy playing with my toys.

Now that I'm married, my wife fixes breakfast after our daughter has seen what Santa brought her, and we have exchanged presents.

Are there any traditions that you have for breakfast Christmas Morning?

My wife and I stop at Sheetz for breakfast sandwiches on our way up to my in-laws. Since my MIL serves Christmas "dinner" around 1 pm, you don't want to eat too much in the morning.

Sheetz has free coffee on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and New Year's Eve after 4 pm.

We tend to go whenever they have free coffee. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Drink/thtee.gif

What is everyone's casserole like? We always make a frittata-like thing and I was going to change it up this year

This is a casserole that we always make

2 cups dry bread crumbs 2 Cups milk

2 lbs seasoned pork sausage (browned) 1/4 tsp dry mustard

2 cups grated cheddar cheese 1/2 cup milk

4 eggs 1 can cream of mushroom soup

MUST BE MADE DAY AHEAD- Layer first three ingredients in a wedd greased 9x13in pan. Beat eggs,2 cups of milk, and mustard; pour over layers. Mix 1/2 cup milk and soup spread over the egg mixture. Bake at 325f doe 1 hour. And enjoy!

I have a yummy(at least my family thinks it's yummy) breakfast casserole...great to make up the night before

10 eggs

1pint cottage cheese

7oz green chilis

1tsp baking pwder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup melted butter

1/2 cup flour

1lb montery jack cheese-shredded

melt butter in 13x9 baking dish

In a seperate bowl beat eggs until a lemon color then mix in the rest of the ingrediants, chill overnight bake at 350 for 35-45 mins ovens and different altitudes do vary the cooking time

you can add in your favorite meat like ham or cooked sausage but the casserole cooks up better IMHO without the meats, I usually just cook ham,bacon and sausage and the family has it on the side with the casserole...

also dont forget about the omlets ina baggie everyone could make up their own omlet the night before then cook em in the morning....very easy to do and lots of add in options....

We're still figuring that out. ;) I like to make a big breakfast and then do the gifts. My wife's family always saved the gifts until after dinner is done and cleaned up. There's no reason that either of us really has for it, other than that's the way it always was.

We all go to my grandmas early Christmas morning..She makes Custard (not really my favorite, but the rest of my family just loves the Custard)...and then my uncle makes a pumpkin roll, and sticky buns and usually he'll stick one extra sweet item in there for breakfast...we don't do too much for breakfast cuz we eat an early Christmas dinner

Because of my grown kids' work schedules, over the past 4 years our Christmas dinner was always Christmas Brunch. My husband and I would fix 3 types of sausage, bacon, 2 different types of eggs, biscuits, muffins, gravy, big cinnamon rolls, pies, and fruit. It was quite a spread and worked out well for them. I think it's turning into something of a tradition with them now. We eat about 9 a.m., open gifts and they have time to digest and relax before they have to go to work.