Anyone think of doing price adjusting at BestBuy?

falling5tarr

That's a great idea in theory but will only work on the items that are NOT doorbusters. Best Buy will not accept any returns or exchanges until afternoon on BF(this includes price matches) and the doorbuster sales end at 11am typically. Since their price match policy is that the item must be matched while the item is on sale, the window would have closed by that time. (I think I just confused myself.)

No. They will make up excuses of why they don't have to honor it and most of the time they do not sell the computers they have on sale before (sometimes they start selling them after the sale for retail price).

Most of the Best Buys close there customer service desk between 5am and 12 noon on Black Friday to use the registers to check out people.

Also as Mp4 stated that most of Best Buys laptops and desktops are NOT regular stock items. They have a different SKU and UPC code then what they sell everyday. They do this so people wont price match.

and at the bottom of the receipt is says something to the effect that items bought between nov 1 and dec x? [sorry don't have it with me] can be price adjusted if a sale occurs before Jan 24, 2007.

Also they wouldn't give DH the extra 12% [he didn't try very hard....] because it was a 'sale' price...oh well.

Trish

Along this same line...

I am eyeing a Casio camera in the Sears ad but I will be at BB during the blitz. I want to pick it up at BB while I'm there but the Sears ad doesn't specify the manufacturers model number in the ad. The ad does show a pic though. I guess they could just call if they want to. Anyway, what is the likelyhood that I would be able to get them to PM that morning, maybe through the PSA checkout?

Also, I know it's bad form....but couldn't I buy the camera 1st, then pull out the ad to have 110% back? It works out to about $15 extra to me. BTW, Sears ad says $169 BB website today said $315. It's a good deal either way, I just don't want to have to fight my way back into the store later that day.

Along this same line...

I am eyeing a Casio camera in the Sears ad but I will be at BB during the blitz. I want to pick it up at BB while I'm there but the Sears ad doesn't specify the manufacturers model number in the ad. The ad does show a pic though. I guess they could just call if they want to. Anyway, what is the likelyhood that I would be able to get them to PM that morning, maybe through the PSA checkout?

Also, I know it's bad form....but couldn't I buy the camera 1st, then pull out the ad to have 110% back? It works out to about $15 extra to me. BTW, Sears ad says $169 BB website today said $315. It's a good deal either way, I just don't want to have to fight my way back into the store later that day.

Be VERY carefull! At that price difference, it's probably a different model number, and you will miss out on the deal. Also BB's Customer Service counter is always used for regular checkout until noon, so they won't let you price match. But if you are missing Sears anyway, it couldn't hurt to try.