Anyone collect Hallmark ornaments?

Melissa

I do. My tree is probably 75% Hallmark. Most of them are series ornaments. When my kids were born I started buying for them my dd has the 1st thru 5th christmas train and I have know started her on the fairies. My ds is get the puppies until his 5th christmas. I also try and get each of them something that they are into at the time. This year I got my ds the lightning mcqueen and my daughter the disney princess one.

My DDs are 15 and 12. Each year starting with Baby's First Christmas they have gotten an ornament. I always get the Dream Book when it comes out and have them give me a few of their choices for their ornament. It usually is whatever they are into that year. This year oldest DD picked the Pirates of the Caribbean ornament. I also bought the Hoops & YoYo one cause they are are so darned cute!

It's fun each year to take the ornaments out and "remember when".

I'm still on the hunt to replace 12 DDs Baby's first ornament cause it went out with the tree a few years back. I had a website, but lost it when I had to rebuilt my computer. :(

I do - I've been lucky that the series I started for both kids are still going though I think DS's may be ending this year:(

Has anyone seen the new Rudolph/Clarice ornament that was out for Open House - it is so CUTE!! And I have a feeling it will be highly sought after since it was not in the Dream book this year.

My tree is all Hallmark. I started in 1996 when I got married. I have various series and themes. The tree is very organized, i.e. Angels near the top, then Navitiy oraments, etc.

This is the first year I will let the kids (5yr old & 4yr twins) pick their own ornament. I am getting them a small tree which they can begin hanging the ornaments they pick on it.

Did anyone get the Illuminations lighting last year?

My best friend is nuts about Hallmark...I went to two of the premiers with her she spent over six hundred at each one! She has everyone that is put out for the year and she has done this for the last ten years. She has four tress this year to put them all on!

i use to collect the disney ones. each year after christmas i would take my son up and we would get 2 at 50% off. but being that they were the characters from the movies he and his little sister would take them off the tree and play with them and so now we don't have any. :cry2:

I don't know that I would say that I collect them but I do have quite a few of them on my tree each year. They are very nice and I often receive them for gifts or buy them after Christmas on clearance. I would never pay full price for one for myself but do buy them for others for gifts sometimes. My mom really loves them so I usually buy her one every year for Christmas to go with whatever else I buy her.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't collect them but did buy one as a gift a few days ago. The cashier at the Hallmark store asked me if I wanted the price removed and I said of course. Then she told me that if the recipient collects them it reduces their value with the price taken off. I just thought that was odd. Oh well. I just hope the recipient doesn't think it is too tacky (I had it left on because I don't know if she collects them)