When do go full on outside decorating

Illinoismom

My husband and my son have decided that this weekend they will go up in the attic and start to put the stuff out. They usally wait until it's in the negative outside and ice forms on the face to start. This year they want no part of that. we will see if they really do it. LOLOLOLOL

So what your plans for the outside

i think we are going to do it the weekend after.... maybe I will go solo this year with out DH. We don't do a whole lot.... 2 small trees in the yard with lights and lighted garland on the fence...... I thik I can handle that,,,,, we can do the tree when he gets home from work.

Funny story on outside dedorations.

Wife and I bought a new house last summer ('05). We planned on some lights and things for hte house for our first Christmas in the house....nothing spectacular or outrageous. Well, as fall approached and I planned out the lights and such, I noticed as the leaves fell off this one tree in our backyard had strings of lights in it. None of them worked, and some were growing into the limbs of the tree. I thought I better get them out of there before it hurts the tree. so I started pulling and pulling. About 25 strings of lights later I had all but 2 strings from the top of the tree. 25 stirngs...OMG the tree was only 1 -1/2 story tall. Too bad none of the worked and I broke a lot of the before they came down....it could've saved my $$$ on the decorations on the front of the house. LOL

But a word of caution.... Avoid the white LED icile lights. I'm all for lower cost power bills and saving money, but these lights just look nasty. They leave a freaky white glow on the house. The colored LED lights are great and extremely bright and don;t use much power.

Today when I took down all the outdoor Halloween lights and decor I put up the outdoor Christmas lights on trees and bushes! On or about Thankgiving I'll flip the timers on. It's so much easier when it isn't so cold! I can take more time and put more up!:D

Before it gets much colder outside, DH is going to hang the icicle lights (maybe this weekend) but they won't be turned on 'til everything else is up and set up....which will be Thanksgiving weekend. The tree goes up and all decorations will be out also!

Did some of the outside lights yesterday---I had a really nice day doing this..I worked on everything that requires a ladder....so only thing that is left is the easy stuff which I can do cold weather or not ...about 50 degrees here yesterday!!...I don't enjoy putting up lights in 30 degree weather...its so much fun putting them up, but depressing taking them down.

Next weekend will be when we do the outside of the house, if it's nice. This weekend has been rainy and a little cool. So, I did all of the inside decorations.LOL But by next Sunday they should all be in place. I'm actually running late this year, they are usually up Nov. 1st. I love Christmas decorations and I just always put them up early.