Best Buy online

duls89

I would not recommend buying a high ticket or large item online from BB. They are actually two separate stores and it is a huge pain to deal with BB.com. We bought a plasma tv last year on Black Friday online rather than dealing with the store. It was a 48 hour deal I believe....a really good deal. Well, we noticed a couple of days after it arrived that something was not quite right with the picture, etc. and discovered that it had been slightly damaged in delivery. Anyway, bb.com does NOT let you exchange items, only return them and repurchase. The were willing to adjust the price for us so that we'd get the sale price for the repurchase but we also had a rebate for $300. By returning the item, we would void the rebate and the expiration had passed to still get the rebate when we repurchased. They refused to sell us the tv for the price after rebate. My husband had to go to the store and talk to a manager 3 times and they finally just sold it to us for the final price we would have originally paid after rebate. We were so thankful that they were helpful because bb.com was NOT and we will NOT shop online again.

I would not recommend buying a high ticket or large item online from BB. They are actually two separate stores and it is a huge pain to deal with BB.com. We bought a plasma tv last year on Black Friday online rather than dealing with the store. It was a 48 hour deal I believe....a really good deal. Well, we noticed a couple of days after it arrived that something was not quite right with the picture, etc. and discovered that it had been slightly damaged in delivery. Anyway, bb.com does NOT let you exchange items, only return them and repurchase. The were willing to adjust the price for us so that we'd get the sale price for the repurchase but we also had a rebate for $300. By returning the item, we would void the rebate and the expiration had passed to still get the rebate when we repurchased. They refused to sell us the tv for the price after rebate. My husband had to go to the store and talk to a manager 3 times and they finally just sold it to us for the final price we would have originally paid after rebate. We were so thankful that they were helpful because bb.com was NOT and we will NOT shop online again.

close to the same thing happen to me. I got a masage chair with purchase of a tv 999. or higher online only deal. Picked up the tv and later had a problem with the sound took it back and when they returned it and i got charged $399.00 for the chair. They had hell tring to get it right and on top of it the tv was $50.00 cheaper too. I will not shop BB online again told them to remove me from their e-mail ads.

close to the same thing happen to me. I got a masage chair with purchase of a tv 999. or higher online only deal. Picked up the tv and later had a problem with the sound took it back and when they returned it and i got charged $399.00 for the chair. They had hell tring to get it right and on top of it the tv was $50.00 cheaper too. I will not shop BB online again told them to remove me from their e-mail ads.

Should have read the fine print. Their return policy clearly says that you have to return "free gift" items with your purchase. I can't link yet (not enough posts), but you can easily find it on their webpage under "Special Offer Returns."

As for the no exchange policy: buy online but pick-up in store. It actually qualifies as an instore purchase and you get the instore return policy.

Hmmmm, this is strange to me. Why do I always make purchases on bestbuy.com, and then pick them up in the store? How can I buy items (CD's, DVD's, etc.) on bestbuy.com, and always have the ability to return them or exchange them at the store? If your statement is true, neither of those things would be possible. They are not 2 separate stores. They are Best Buy, just online.

but buying at bestbuy online ..u need to pay alot of the money on shipping, which is an extra. for a person like me always tryingto be the top 10 people...i rather just get it all in the store, save me a trip, since we usually take 2 cars...unless people have free shipping code from BB for those non door buster items to share!

BB.com usually has free shipping.

If the $700 Sony VAIO ends up being true, I will def. be buying that online. It should be available since it is not a doorbuster. I wonder if it will be available for In-store pickup, if I order it early enough? That will be even better.

I have purchesd stuff from BB.com and told them I would pick it up in the store. They will hold it for 48 hours and then release the product back on the sales floor if you have not picked it up by 48 hours. I have done this with computers and TVs.

All you do is buy the item online, give them your CC to hold it, select the store you want to pick it up at, they will email you a ticket, take ticket to the store and they will give you the item. If you have problems just return it to the store.

It is easy and fun!