Do you use a cart?

First Lady

The first store I hit usually does not have anything big to get, but great deals. Last year I got a cart because I was 8 months preggo with twins and needed something to block me a bit from being smacked around. The cart ended up being a huge problem as there was so little room to move around. I didn't see the little hand carts to carry. So I was tinking of bringing in a bag to put my purchases in that way I can move easier in the store. But I'm thinking I would be targeted for shoplifting. So any other ideas? Do I fight with a cart, or what?

I haven't used a cart before because I only grab a couple items per store, plus I would be afraid that if I turned my back to grab something, somebody might snag something out of my cart.

My wife told me the other day that she is thinking about going out with me this year, so maybe if there are 2 of us, we can use the cart, & get more stuff in 1 trip rather than going back later. :smart:

A cart is a must! My girlfriend and I do the 5am JCPenney thing, run to the car and then hit 6am Sears and grab a shopping cart and use it in the mall. There were very few stores that wouldn't allow the cart (Spencers). Makes the hands free. We've been doing this for years! :D

I usually use one at Target or Walmart because that is where I buy a larger amount of stuff. I always have a friend with me and we just share a cart. One of us stays with it at all times. One friend mans the cart while the other squeezes down crowded aisles to grad stuff. Then before we leave we grab another cart and seperate our stuff.

Last year, our little Wal-Mart was out of carts when I got thru the door (I was probably 20-25th in line). So I rushed back to get the main doorbusters I wanted (all of them toys) then started wandering back up the main aisle. Tons of people were crowded inside and around electronics, and there was an empty cart abandoned outside of it, so-- it became mine!:tongue1:

I felt sort of bad about taking the cart... but as chaotic as electronics was, I doubt ANYONE got out of there in under 30 minutes!:rolleyes: And if they'd wanted the cart that bad, they would have taken it with them or left someone with it! :yup:

A cart or one of those small crates is definately a must on BF. It keeps all your stuff nice and safe and it's good for fighting through the crowd. :D Far as bringin' in your own bag, don't think they'll have a prob with it. Most stores now have some type of scanner on their doors that goes off if you try to steal something.

It depends on the store. At Menards, definitely! Usually their specials are large items & trying to grab boxes to hold everything is difficult. :yup:

At WM, I try to. I work with my SIL & one of us is with the cart at all times. We leave coats in the car, purses at home & only bring a water bottle, cell phones & charge cards. The cards are much easier than trying to juggle cash. We don't take the paper with us, but we do transfer our shopping list to a small notebook (like a restaurant order form) to keep track of the impulse items, as well as our "needs".

So much better than shopping alone!!!

Definately yes, one person stays with it at all times. How can you shop without one? Grab'em up in the parking lot on the way in. Last year @ Target, I had to push a big wheel box loaded up Razor scooters, my arms were filled with PS2 games & board games. This was first time I was not able to get a buggy, it was ridiculous. I could have spent much more, but I ran out of patience & strength. :(

A cart is a must! My girlfriend and I do the 5am JCPenney thing, run to the car and then hit 6am Sears and grab a shopping cart and use it in the mall. There were very few stores that wouldn't allow the cart (Spencers). Makes the hands free. We've been doing this for years! :D

And Now Sears is opening at 5 am this year so that game plan will have to be rethought. I'm wondering if anyone else will open early.

I always use a cart at Walmart, but I make hubby push it while i grab the stuff.