Cars DVD out November 7th

Christy Garner

The disney CARS dvd will be out on November 7th (next tuesday). I am going to my 24 hour walmart around 11:00 pm on Monday night and wait for them to sell them at midnight. Anyone else wanting this movie?

Christy, this movie will probably be a BF special for under $10 so if you could wait, it will probably save you money. Last year CC had The Incredibles for $7 or $8 on BF.

I preordered from familyvideo.com for 15.79 plus new members get 5.00 off first order and then shipping is only 99cents wound up paying 11.78 and one member said they received their order the day before it was released.

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/index.php

coupon code: newmem96

this was in another thread here.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=50405&highlight=cars+pirates

I seriously doubt you need to worry about a shortage. I can't remember any time where a newly-released Disney movie was hard to find at all. Even on BF, these discs tend to be pretty easy to obtain.

Even more so, there is no need at all to be there at midnight for when it's released unless you want to. In fact, I'm pretty sure the 24 hour WMs typically don't have the electronics department even staffed at that hour, so you probably won't even get what you want anyway. Just go anytime on the 7th, and I'm sure there will be a huge display with more copies than you can shake a stick at.

I'm really not trying to rain on your parade, but trying to save you a potentially wasted trip.

As a side note, it may be just a little bit unrealistic to expect Cars to be as cheap as The Incredibles was last year. The reason is that The Incredibles was a Spring release last year, while Cars will be brand spanking new (longer availability = cheaper price, usually). Of course, BF doesn't always follow normal rules, but it may not hurt to temper expectations somewhat. I hope I'm wrong though.

I preordered from familyvideo.com for 15.79 plus new members get 5.00 off first order and then shipping is only 99cents wound up paying 11.78 and one member said they received their order the day before it was released.

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/index.php

coupon code: newmem96

this was in another thread here.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=50405&highlight=cars+pirates

I took advantage of this deal too. It's probably the best DVD deal I've gotten for this little work.

I ordered three copies of the Cars DVD on Amazon.com, along with two copies of The Little Mermaid. Free shipping, plus I went ahead and applied for their credit card which knocked off $30 off first purchase. I ended up paying $9 per movie. Only bad thing is that they are scheduling delivery for one week AFTER the movie is released. Wierd, but for the price, I'm ok with it. Good thing it's for xmas gifts!

If anyone has a Stop and Shop near them.....

Next week, if you buy 16 of certain food items.. you get the movie for FREE.

YES FREE!!

The food includes...

Chef Boyardee Pasta

Orville Redebacker Popcorn

Crunch and Munch

Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Hunts Snack Packs.

If you only want to buy 8, you get 10.00 off the movie.

Catrin

If anyone has a Stop and Shop near them.....

Next week, if you buy 16 of certain food items.. you get the movie for FREE.

YES FREE!!

The food includes...

Chef Boyardee Pasta

Orville Redebacker Popcorn

Crunch and Munch

Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Hunts Snack Packs.

If you only want to buy 8, you get 10.00 off the movie.

Catrin

WOW wish there was one of these stores where I lived. Would take that offer. :)