Newspaper: We’re looking for Black Friday shoppers

bigjimslade

I get email alerts when Black Friday is in any news article. I dont work for the paper below but I thought this would be neat for some and hope maybe bring more press to this great site.

We’re looking for Black Friday shoppers

The day is fast approaching, but we’re not talking about Thanksgiving.

We’re talking about the day after Thanksgiving, when some serious consumers do some serious shopping on what is commonly referred to as “Black Friday,” the first official day of the Christmas shopping season.

So we’re interested to hear from those of you who are veteran shoppers of this day, in particular how early you go, how long you stay, what’s your strategy and what types of things have you gone out early in pursuit of.

We’d also like to hear any amusing stories you might like to share about your experiences of shopping on this day after turkey day.

Features writer Janice Kiaski will be compiling a story to run on a future Valley Life page and would like to hear from you. She can be contacted by phone at (740) 283-4711, extension 342; by fax at (740) 284-7355; by e-mail at [email protected]; or by regular mail at 401 Herald Square, Steubenville, OH, 43952.

Responses are needed by Nov. 13. Provide a phone number for further information and possible photographs.

Oh how funny is this, I am originally from that area I now live in another state and I just read that article on line yesterday. It is not a big newspaper it is just funny to see someone on here from the same area or reading the same newspaper. Go Big Red, I miss the area!!!:)