When do you wrap everything??

momof5plus1hubby

i tired to start about a week before and always end up wrapping on chrirstmas eve until about 2 am, last yr both my kids woke up my 12 yr old first to use the bathroom so of course he had a really hard time going back to sleep, and just when i finished my then 4 yr old woke up thanks to the neighbors partying, i snuck her to the bathroom with out seeing anything, and off to bed, this yr i plan on being done before christmas eve

Guest kathybmb
I try hard but don't always succeed in wrapping right away..i keep everything i buy in a christmas journal. that way even though things are wrapped i can look up who i got what for..

I started wrapping last night. I finished shopping for my neice, wrapped them all and put them in a box in the attic. This is really good for me. I'm usually wrapping on Christmas eve.

I decided to start wrapping earlier this year especially since my little incident last year. My lock broke on my bedroom door and I was locked in my room while wrapping my son's gifts. My son who was 9 at the time was the only one there. He had to go next door around 11pm to get my neighbor who finally worked the lock loose from the outside. I knocked off some of the door frame trying to get out. :lmao:

I just realized something.... I still haven't gotten that door lock fixed. I've been using a slide lock since Christmas..lol.

We start wrapping here and there a couple of weeks ahead, but normally have the majority of it left to do on Christmas Eve. We have turned it into sort of a tradition..lol. We do snacky finger foods and everyone (me, brother, sisters, mom, hubby, etc) gets together at my mom's and we all bring our wrapping supplies, sit on the floor, watch 'A Christmas Story'(over and over again!), wrap gifts and talk. It actually turns out to be a pretty fun evening.

Usually the weekend after I pick up my layaway I wrap everything, with the exception of last minute gifts.

I do wrap other people's presents early but my kids I wait until I have everything and then wrap. Also, I wrap each of the kids' presents in different paper. That way I don't have to put names on them, I can just stash them until Christmas Eve and then I know who they belong to.