MP3 player for 3 yr old -other than FP

jewleyp

Ok, I was already to get the new Fisher Price MP3 player for my daughter (who will be 4 in Jan) until I saw the price. I think that she is about a year too young for this $79 item. She loves music and loves to sing, so this is a great idea and I am sure very indestructable - but i would love to find something a little less expensive!! Thanks for the help:cheesy:

That is a good idea...I will have to look around to see if I can find one that is not too fragile... I also saw that the starmaker karaoke has a portable player, but I wasn't too thrilled about the songs. They seemed too old:confused:

I just was looking at WM's website and seen the Star Station on the go and that seems pretty cool! It's not an mp3 player but there are different clips you can get to put into it with all kinds of different songs on them. The star station itself costs 20.97 and comes with one clip with music on it from kidz bop and headphones.

I was just at the FP website, and no you can't buy them it you don't have the player it says you need the software that comes with it. I looked at that star station on the go at their website and looked to see what cartridges they had and what songs were on them, I really like it! They have lots of good songs on the cartridges and each has 8 songs on them except the one that comes with the player itself I think it only has 3 songs. Thanks for making this thread, it has helped me find a great gift for my son who loves music!

I wanted to get the FP mp3 player for my two along with the digital cameras but man that would be $240 in just those 4 items. Walmart has each for $59.99 around here. Several people have said the KB Toys does a FP BOGO free on BF so I think I'll see if they have these this year and if not then my kids are not getting them!

All of these choices are great! I went it Kohls this morning because the FP was 50% - went for the MP3 (that was the only was she was going to get it !) but ended up getting the star station portable (no MP3). It is reg 27.99 and is 50% a:yup: nd it comes with one cartridge and is available in blue and pink! I ended up paying $12.99 ...

The thing to remember that if they toy is for younger children it will more than likely have some type of volume safety feature on it so that it can't be turned up too loud.

Are you willing to hear your doctor tell you that your child has a mild hearing loss because they have listened to too loud music thru headphones?

Don't mean to be a downer .. but that is the reality of the situation. Unless you will be with your child every time they use a product for an adult, you will not be able to control how loud they turn the volume up.

I have the same problem as you OP, my DD is 3 yr and here sister is 6 and I got her a disney mix stick when they went clearance but thought it a bit too much for a 3 yr old. Then I found this

http://www.hasbro.com/objects/products/imagezoom.cfm?img=/common/images/products/088542f514d_a400.jpg&displayname=PLAYSKOOL%20%20Dance%20Along%20MP3%20(pink)

I think it is much more reasonable and beats the heck out of paying $79 :eyepoppin

I have the same problem as you OP, my DD is 3 yr and here sister is 6 and I got her a disney mix stick when they went clearance but thought it a bit too much for a 3 yr old. Then I found this

http://www.hasbro.com/objects/products/imagezoom.cfm?img=/common/images/products/088542f514d_a400.jpg&displayname=PLAYSKOOL%20%20Dance%20Along%20MP3%20(pink)

I think it is much more reasonable and beats the heck out of paying $79 :eyepoppin

I LOVE IT !!!:D You are a musical genius !!!

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=17887

Now I just have to find it. I have walked target and walmart 100 xs this week and I have not seen it - Hasbro site is out of pink!!! I am soooo looking for this tomorrow!!!! :gdparanoid:

I LOVE IT !!!:D You are a musical genius !!!

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=17887

Now I just have to find it. I have walked target and walmart 100 xs this week and I have not seen it - Hasbro site is out of pink!!! I am soooo looking for this tomorrow!!!! :gdparanoid:

I'm pretty sure I saw these on a clearance endcap at Target today for 50% off.

To me it looks like with that one you can only download the songs they have for it, on the website it says 100 to choose from. I ended up going to Kohl's and got the Star station on the go for 13.99!

I am keeping the star station on the go unless I find this. I have arranged my schedule today to run past walmart, target and toys r us. When I was perimeter shopping in target the other day I did not see anything like this...

You guys are great!!!!:P

I have star station and star station on the go. I got the star station on the go for 2.74 on clearance at Target about around Sept. Looked like someone returned it and they put it on clearance. My sons 2, 3.5, and 7 love it especially my 7 year old. The songs are really good. And they are interchangable which is a great thing.

I have star station and star station on the go. I got the star station on the go for 2.74 on clearance at Target about around Sept. Looked like someone returned it and they put it on clearance. My sons 2, 3.5, and 7 love it especially my 7 year old. The songs are really good. And they are interchangable which is a great thing.

Gezzzz, i just moved in Sept and this new target never has anything good on clearance. I am sooo bumed :(

Ok, I was already to get the new Fisher Price MP3 player for my daughter (who will be 4 in Jan) until I saw the price. I think that she is about a year too young for this $79 item. She loves music and loves to sing, so this is a great idea and I am sure very indestructable - but i would love to find something a little less expensive!! Thanks for the help:cheesy:

The FP3 player is $56.99 on target.com & $54.84 on walmart.com

I tried to post the Walmart link but won't work, just search fp3 & it will come up.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1161394886/ref=sr_1_1/602-8671125-5416609?ie=UTF8&asin=B000EULZQ4

For those of us looking at the Fisher Price FP3 player, they are not getting very good reviews. Two people on toysrus.com said that the buttons stick, the power button is on the back and it gets shut off easily, slow start up and slow to navigate. One woman said would only recommend for kids under the age of 6. I think I will wait to see if some more reviews come out and if not I'll just buy my kids the disney mix-stiks.

Just a note, I saw that Target has the MP3 player for $56.00. This is not the weekly sale- I checked the dates and its supposed to run through Nov. Also the cartridges for the Star Station are on sale for $8.89 (or something close) I am hoping that someone will have them alittle cheaper closer to the holidays...

UMMM ok not to sound rude ....really But I am having a hard time buying a MP3 player for my 13 year old afraid to spend the money and then he lose the darn thing....Nope could not see spending the money. My three year old loves music...I will just turn on the radio I think :)

When my daughter was around that age, I bought her a karaoke system. Plays cds, has a mic, and records her singing. She loved it. Now I bought a regular system so the whole family could do it. That was 3 years ago. She is now 6 and its in her room. She knows how to do everything on it and she still loves the system. I thinks its been her favorite gift in awhile