MP3 player for 3 yr old -other than FP

jewleyp

I have the same problem as you OP, my DD is 3 yr and here sister is 6 and I got her a disney mix stick when they went clearance but thought it a bit too much for a 3 yr old. Then I found this

http://www.hasbro.com/objects/products/imagezoom.cfm?img=/common/images/products/088542f514d_a400.jpg&displayname=PLAYSKOOL%20%20Dance%20Along%20MP3%20(pink)

I think it is much more reasonable and beats the heck out of paying $79 :eyepoppin

Someone posted in another thread that this mp3 player is $7.99 at Kmart right now.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=51628

UMMM ok not to sound rude ....really But I am having a hard time buying a MP3 player for my 13 year old afraid to spend the money and then he lose the darn thing....Nope could not see spending the money. My three year old loves music...I will just turn on the radio I think :)

I have a seven year old that likes music, but I wouldn't buy him a MP3 player. But my 4 year old has a huge appreciation for music, he can name a song by hearing the first couple words, and not little kids songs, songs that my husband and i listen to, and most songs on the radio. He also is a good singer and truely enjoys doing it. He memorizes the words to songs faster than I can. He has a knack for it. He will be getting a MP3 player this year. I know many other children older than mine that I wouldn't trust with an MP3 player, it just depends on the child.

I bought the FP3 player for my 4yr old for $49.99 @ our Wal-Mart. His older brother (16) has an ipod and he always wants to listen to it and he's very careful with it. Of course big brother doesn't let him wander off with it;) He has to be sitting next to him:tongue1:

I was in target the other day and saw that Crayola Brand has come out with some child friendly items, such as an MP3 player, a portable cd player, clock radios, etc. They were on an endcap in the electronics dept.

The MP3 player was better suited for alittle older than a 3yr old, kind of like the Disney Mix Stix. The playskool MP3 players are no where to be found - I would guess discontinued.....

UMMM ok not to sound rude ....really But I am having a hard time buying a MP3 player for my 13 year old afraid to spend the money and then he lose the darn thing....Nope could not see spending the money. My three year old loves music...I will just turn on the radio I think :)

I guess it depends on the children. Both of mine have always been very responsible with electronics and their game systems. I figure that if my 3 yr old can work the portable DVD player on her own properly, then an MP3 player is going to be a piece of cake...... But there is no way my niece can touch it !!!!! lol :cheesy:

I looked at that Playskool mp3 thing at Kmart since it was on sale, I didn't like it, it's more geared toward a baby than a 2 yr old in my opinion. It only plays music with no vocals in it. My son likes the same kind of music we do so he wouldn't like that player.