Should I buy the toy now or wait

momof5plus1hubby

I always buy early and keep the receipt. If the particular store I bought it from wont PM, I return it and but it at the cheaper price.

Makes all the last minute shopping a little easier plus I don't worry about the toy being out of stock. I am already having a hard time finding one of my items and we still have a couple weeks before Christmas.

I just put 4 items on layaway at Wal-Mart that I think will go on sale BF, so if they do then all I need to do is go up there before 11:00 and get them to change it. SInce layaways can't be placed after Nov. 8, there should be a very small line on that day.

The door buster items will have a special upc#. The identical item that they normally carry will have a different upc#. They will NOT honor the door buster price for the item you have in lay-away. If it is a normal item that is just on sale, you should be fine.

Another thing: they pull some items off the shelves several days before BF that will be on sale at their store and at competitor stores (price matching). They watch this website, too!

Just a thought. Last year's TRU holiday book had some great early prices that expired before BF. I bought my son a V-smile cheaper then the prices on BF. If you can I would wait until at least the end of OCT or beg of Nov til that book comes out. Unless it is a mega hot item like Elmo Tmx, Barbie Elmo Tmx or some hot video equipment that has very few quanity. I know I bought Elmo TMX at reg price and I was so glad I did not wait.

I had the same question the other day ... Kohls had the glitter wings Barbie for 40% - I knew that my daughter wanted it, but should I hold out? Nothing stinks worse than waiting and then not being able to find it. 40% and a gift off the list - Buy it now if its important - Not so much , let it ride !!!!

I had the same question the other day ... Kohls had the glitter wings Barbie for 40% - I knew that my daughter wanted it, but should I hold out? Nothing stinks worse than waiting and then not being able to find it. 40% and a gift off the list - Buy it now if its important - Not so much , let it ride !!!!

I think if I found something for 40% off and it was reasonable, I would go ahead and get it especially if it's going to knock something off the list and your daughter wanted it too. :)

Buy now save later... if it is @ a good price now or even if its not, its not guaranteed to be on that deep of a discount on BF, but if it is, buy it then return the first one w/ the reciept... you know Wally World take anything back w/ a reciept... i know i save receipts

I've been battling the same issue! On one hand, I'm buying like crazy now and know I always overbuy! But I also don't want to be left without the item either!? So, I buy buy buy and will look later to see what all I have and return stuff-especially if something is cheaper! ;) Although, you do have to watch those places that have a short return policy-some stores only give you 30 days now! (Can't tell you how many times I have fought over that issue)! But most give 90 so you should be ok!

I've been battling the same issue! On one hand, I'm buying like crazy now and know I always overbuy! But I also don't want to be left without the item either!? So, I buy buy buy and will look later to see what all I have and return stuff-especially if something is cheaper! ;) Although, you do have to watch those places that have a short return policy-some stores only give you 30 days now! (Can't tell you how many times I have fought over that issue)! But most give 90 so you should be ok!