How do you decide what store to go to?

Cecilliadb

I know this might sound like a dumb question but there are alot of the sames stores very close to eachother in my area.

For instance...there is a wal-mart right down the street but it's kinda crummy, the wal-mart I like to go to is about 10 miles away, then theres the super wal-mart in the other direction about 15-20 miles. Same with the Targets, and here's me not knowing which way to go.:runaway: Are the super stores better then the smaller ones on BF?....do I just pick one, go and if they dont have what I want hit another?

Honestly, as far as picking from a super store or the regular one, I would almost pick the smaller one. I know where I live, the Super Walmart is twice as busy as the regular one. To decide which store in general to go to first, you need to wait until the ads come out. Go through them and see what is the best for what you are looking for. ;) Good luck and Happy Shopping!!

I have only a small Wal-Mart in my immediate area so I go there if most of what I want is going to be there or travel to the city if i'm going to BB, CC, etc also. What I have found is that my WM has the same items on BF and I don't have to get up nearly as early as I do to go line up at the others. I got there last year at 3, was second in line and I don't think the next person was there until at least 3:30. The line didn't really form until after 4 or 4:30. So, as BF goes, if WM is your main target, one should be just as good as another.

Double check the ad prices. Are all the Wal-Marts in the same region with the same ad (might sound like a stupid question, but 20-30 miles can make a huge difference)? If one just opened within the past few months, don't even try, it'll probably have a huge crowd just cause it's still new. Other than that, it's best to go by previous experience. If you've hit several on past Black Fridays and notice that one seems to have a lot of the doorbusters hours after the start of the sale, then that'd be a good one to keep going to. Also, what other stores are nearby? Where I'm at there's four Wal-Marts within about 10-15 miles of each other (well, probably five, but I never venture out to the farthest one), but only one is near a Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Sam's Club, Toys 'R Us, and K-Mart (one is right across the street from another K-Mart, but that's it). This year we'll have a Kohl's open for BF, and it's near the same Wal-Mart, so that's the section of town we'll concentrate in. Now if that one's out of something I want, I still have a few other Wal-Marts I can hit before I head back home. Wanted a $50 rolling tool chest a few years back, first two were out but the last one had it.

Edit: It looks like I don't know correct grammar, but trust me I typed in Wal-Mart s with an s, but it changed it to Wal-Mart without an s. Argh!

I normally go to the store that has the most that I need for my kids. After that it's just pure luck if anything is left at other stores when I get there. Last year it was BB for the 149 computers. They aren't that great, still working but, with homeschooling 2 kids, they came in handy. It was worth the -11 degree temps for them..:eyepoppin

I tend to go by the most important and hard to acquire item of the morning, and then try to map out which location of that (I'm in suburban Chicago, so there's several instances of the major chains) store is nearest to the secondary items in importance. Nicely, there's a Fry's very close to a Best Buy, Circuit City, major mall, Wal Mart, etc. near me :)