What toys do you think are going to sell out fast this year?

Gloey

I have been putting off buying things and maybe I should start sooner. Do you think the My Little Pony Crystal Castle is going to be hot? Target doesn't even have it, nor does Meijers. So maybe I should run out now and not wait for sales? And what about Baby Alive? What is going to go fast?

Gloey, can I just say that your granddaughter is one very lucky little girl. :yup:

I know, I know, I spoil her rotten but I waited a long long time for her and she's the little girl I never had. I sent DH to WalMart this morning to buy Baby Alive, we'll see how successful he was. But if I wait for her parents to get stuff, I know they will go at the last minute and things will be out of stock. BTW, DH doesn't know about half the stuff I've bought, he would freak out. My friend is hiding stuff at her house! :gdclap:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse will be very hot. It is already OOS at most online stores. Walmart seems to have them periodically. The actual clubhouse might be a bit easier to come by, but its the darn figures that go to it that seems to be extremely hard to find.

Nintendo Wii is going to be crazy. I was lucky enough to get in on the Amazon preorder so hopefully Ill get one. I know you can preorder at Gamestop starting tomorrow (10/13).

Im not sure about Baby Alive. Everywhere Ive been seems to have a ton. The price has come down on it the last few weeks as well. It used to be 59.99, then it was 49.99, and now its 39.99 with a bonus outfit.

The Little Pony doll that is in a baby walker that really walks is sold out at alot of places. I had a hard time finding it for my 3 year old.

The Diego Talking Rescue Center will probably be a big seller as well as the Littlest Pet Shop Biggest Shop.

Some of the Barbie Twelve Dancing Princess stuff might be hard to come by. My girls want the triplet princesses that spin. They are the tiny ones. I cannot find them anywhere and cannot find them online other than ebay.

Back to the Wii..I think only hard core gamers are going to buy the PS3 at launch. Its a hefty price for the casual gamer, I think. The Wii will probably be hotter b/c its more user friendly for casual gamers and the price is alot lower. Ive had my name on the Lik Sang preorder list since April and still havent got a confirmation that I will get one..and launch is only a few short weeks away. Hopefully between Lik Sang and Amazon, Ill get one for myself and Dh. If I happen to get both, then maybe Ill ebay one.

I know way too much about toys, LOL! I have a 6 year old and 3 year old twins, so I try to stay current :)

Hi I would love some suggestions as to some hot toys for my 5 year old son. All he says he wants is game boy games and I would love to find him something else.

If you or the DH are computer and internet savvy I would recomend getting the DS a flash cart for the gameboy. I personally got the "XG Flash2" for xmas last year. It is a rewritable game cartidge for the gameboy advance so you can download games from the internet, save them on the cartridge and then play them on your game boy ! best present I ever got !!! for a little more than the cost of one game you can have pretty much any games you want ! It will even let you download and play regular old school NES nintendo games on your gameboy. Ok enough sounding like a commercial for me LOL

If you are afraid that something will sell out, go ahead and buy it and just save your receipt. I've taken things back after I got a better deal on BF. And I'm not sure if they still do, but ToysRUs did price match for up to 30 days after a purchase. I went in on BF one year, went straight up to the service desk and took their sales flyer and wal-mart's, and they refunded the difference on everything I had bought there. It was about $80!! But I would check their policy on that before I planned to do it.

Thank you for all the advice. They are great suggestions however my DS just informed me that he cannot find his gameboy and we have turned our house upside down looking for it. So he is probally going to only want a new Gameboy. Any suggestions as to who has the best price on BF. Also do they put games on sale on BF

I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thank you for all the advice. They are great suggestions however my DS just informed me that he cannot find his gameboy and we have turned our house upside down looking for it. So he is probally going to only want a new Gameboy. Any suggestions as to who has the best price on BF. Also do they put games on sale on BF

Find a used one on e-bay and say you found it without having to pay full price. That is if he minds having a used one. Otherwise tell him your getting a used one.

You are a better person than me. If my DD ever lost her Nintendo DS, I'd tell her tough cookies, she didnt take care of the first one, Im sure as heck not buying her another one, LOL!

I bought at Walmart (one left in the overhead, but Im 6' and readed it) the Lil Luvables Fluff Factory. Also out of the stock at my Walmart too. Its too cute. Comes with 3 bears you fill yourself. You can outfits, etc for it. Like build a bear, but a lot less expensive

I was looking in Walmart tonight and noticed that the Fisher Price Spark Easel was out of stock, I didn't see it at Target either. I'm not sure if its going to be sold out but I thought it was kind of early for it to already be out of stock.

I know way too much about toys, LOL! I have a 6 year old and 3 year old twins, so I try to stay current :)

:lmao: I was thinking the same thing about you. :lmao: I haven't heard of half of the stuff you mentioned. But I guess it's probably because my kids are older, 10 and 16.

As to what will sell out.... I have no idea. lol

I just took advantage of the Toys R Us offer for the free lanyard with the purchase of a Tamagochi and they had tons of them in stock. As for the Butterscotch pony I haven't even seen one yet. There is one other thing that I just thought of... there are no tickle me emlmos out there at all, not the original one or the giant one.

I'm not sure what toys are going to be hot this year because my kids are sort of out of the "toy thing" but my MOTHER obviously isn't!LOL She wants me to find her one of those damned Elmo TMX things! I thought I was finished with Elmo when my youngest child outgrew him!LMAO

I'm not sure what toys are going to be hot this year because my kids are sort of out of the "toy thing" but my MOTHER obviously isn't!LOL She wants me to find her one of those damned Elmo TMX things! I thought I was finished with Elmo when my youngest child outgrew him!LMAO

:sidesplit Does she want one for herself or for another grandkid? :lmao:

I'm sorry, the pony was not out yet but the standee had the pre-order tickets on it and it was full. Maybe the price is a little high for people.

I wish that my youngest was still small enough for it, if she was I would be begging my husband too !

My oldest grand son just turned 6 and he is crazy for the star wars transformers. I have not seen too many of they in the stores.

My other grandkids want the Elmo TMX. This granny may have to work some kind of magic this year to get them. I did order some on ToysRUS but I heard they are not really in stock like the email I got that said they were.