Anyone Ever Purchased Gift Cards On Ebay?

Be careful of the seller. Consider feedback, especially feedback from the last few weeks. I've bought some gift cards from eBay, and have never come across any surprises. I've purchased Old Navy, Bass Pro, and Circuit City cards.

I never have, but my friend has and received a blank card. It was a $100 Lowes GC with a buy it now of $75. The selles feedback was 99.2. So you just have to be careful no matter what

Couldn't they file SNAD with Ebay and try to get their $$ back? I hope they did and got their money back! These are the types of things that make me afraid of buying them from there.

When I had an Aeropostale GC I couldn't use (because I wanted jeans, and all their jeans looked used :gdpuke ) I stumbled across CardAvenue dot com which is dedicated to trading, buying, and selling GCs. I can't vouch for them because I never put my card up for trade/sale, but the site is specifically for this purpose and might have better protection for fraud here.

Of course, I highly suggest you do your research first, either on the Ebay seller or this site :gdparanoid:

I purchased a gift card on ebay. I purchased insurance for it and I was glad I did because if was mailed from Maine and I am in Maryland but it was used 2 days after being mailed in New York. I was able to get my money back because I had the insurance.

I am a little leery of purchasing them now.

I have sole some also and if you have a gift card at a store that you would rather have cash for it is a good idea to list it there. I sold a $25.00 for $23.00 plus 99cents shipping. So I got most of it back because it only cost me 39cents to mail it.

Good Luck but be get insurance on it.

Bridget :smart:

• 5 weeks later...
I've purchases many many many gift cards on Ebay with no problems. I make sure the seller has good feedback, doesn't list the gift card number in the description, look at the expiration dates, and I use PayPal in case something goes wrong. I've purchased Victoria's Secret, GAP, Express, Target, Macy's, Starbucks, Ticketmaster, Claim Jumpers, Walgreens gift cards with no problems. Also sold a few for close to full value on Ebay as well.

I bought a few here and there and haven't had a problem yet (knock on wood). As long as the sellers are on the up and up, you can get some really good deals. Another thing to look for besides feedback and such is that the auction states some code hasn't been scratched off. It's not a deal breaker but if they need the code to order online, they can't.