>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

We just use our gamecube controllers besides the numbchucks and controller . Do you really need the classic ones? Is it for certain games?

'Orders entered prior to Wednesday, November 22, 2006 will be shipped on or after November 28. Orders entered on or after Wednesday, November 22, 2006 will ship when our new quantities arrive (week of December 18, 2006).

Also note that some Virtual Console games may be played with the Wii Remote or the Nintendo GameCube Controller. Please check the game details before purchasing to find out your controller options.

Please note that the Classic Controller is also at available retail stores.

The Classic Controller is an expansion for the Wii's Remote. It connects to the port on the bottom of the Wii Remote to allow for wireless connectivity with the Wii console. The shape and style of the Classic Controller is more like the traditional controller design, which allows for ease of use with the classic games available through the Virtual Console.

NOTE: The Classic Controller can only be used with (and may be required for some) Virtual Console games. Check the games Virtual Console description to find out if the Classic Controller can be used or if it is required. '

This was taken from the actual Nintendo store website. Says pretty much either controller will work.

UPDATE:

all gamestops and eb games here (4 of them in town) recieved 3 wii's each and sold out QUICK. there were a line in each one of them. if u werent in line, u lucked out. time? whenever the UPS guy came which ranged from 11am to 3.15pm. diff location.

CONCLUSION: LUCK!

Fairly reliable rumor for those interested in consoles:

-Target and Circuit City will each receive shipments this weekend (12/9 and/or 12/10)

-WalMart and Best Buy will each receive shipments next weekend (12/16 and/or 12/17)

Target told me the 17th they will be in stock. Not sure where you got your info from. but I called circuit city and they didnt say anthing about being stocked this weekend.

I was told at two Dayton, Ohio area Best Buys that they would have Wiis on 12/17. Two different people on different days at each store told me this, and one at each store told me that they would be in the ad that week.

Also, the Funcoland (EB games) in the Dayton Mall upstairs has received shipments of consoles two days in a row around noon and sold out in minutes. They wouldn't tell me how many they received. they also had about 10-12 classic controllers at 3 pm today.

We finally found a class controller and extra wi remote today at EB Games. Popped in there around 8:00 p.m. and asked. The guy checked the stuff that came in from the truck and they had a box. I am so glad because I am tired of looking all over for these!

Remember the part of "The Christmas Story" when there is a knock on the door and the dad gets the "Leg Lamp"....well....that is what happened last night at my house except it was our Wii...Yes, my quest for the Wii has ended.:yup:

Now to hunt down another controller...because I did not realize it comes with SPORTS!!!:cheesy::eyepoppin

Ten thousand lashes for me...I saw them 2 weeks ago and should have grabbed them.:yuck:

HollyBerry: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about the extra remotes. We had them sitting on the shelves until my wii arrived and then forget it. But I imagine they'll be poppig in.

I think you want an extra nunchuk too. The boxing in sports allows 2 players and that requires the nunchuk.

I read somewhere toward the end of Jan. Nintento is releasing another game kind of like sports and it will come with a free remote.

I dont know if I mentioned this before.. too lazy to look, but when I called gamestop/eb games, the one guy told me they've been averaging shipments every 3-4 days.

So you might want to call yours and see what they say? I cant see how this is just mine that is luckin out like that... but ya never know.

Worth a try?

Just a heads up. When buying game cube games to use on the Wii - they won't have the interaction stuff going on like with the wii games. It will play just like it would on the gamecube. If you want the kids up and moving you need the games for Wii!

This site: "Wii Seeker" is now saying TRU and Target are possibly restocking for the 10th.........

The Wii Seeker website has been recently updated to show a Dec 17th date.

I'm all set to camp out at the local Target begining in a few hours.

I hope my night of sitting and waiting in front of Target isn't a waste.

This site: "Wii Seeker" is now saying TRU and Target are possibly restocking for the 10th.........

The Wii Seeker website has been recently updated to show a Dec 17th date.

I'm all set to camp out at the local Target begining in a few hours.

I hope my night of sitting and waiting in front of Target isn't a waste.

they are gonna be stocked on the 17th. I know someone that works at target, and they told me this. so I hope no one goes out there tonight and wastes there time for no reason.

HollyBerry: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean about the extra remotes. We had them sitting on the shelves until my wii arrived and then forget it. But I imagine they'll be poppig in.

I think you want an extra nunchuk too. The boxing in sports allows 2 players and that requires the nunchuk.

I read somewhere toward the end of Jan. Nintento is releasing another game kind of like sports and it will come with a free remote.

Thank You...

I have plugged it in and played it. :D

Now...I did have a couple of times that my Wii Sports Disc became unreadable....:eek:

Don't know what is up with that. :confused:

I did have it sitting in the holder on carpet and moved it to something solid. Oh please...let that be the only thing.

So far the Wii is great. It really is the beginning of a new gaming generation. :yup:

I cannot believe how active you have to be to play. WOW!

Guest Deals4Mommy

Yes. I played the boxing at Microcenter and was suprised at how accurate the sensors were.

I watched someone else play bowling and it could tell that he didn't wind up to throw the ball...LOL. It made him start over. This too is very on point. There's a learning curve, but he seemed to get the hang of it as he was trying to throw the ball with a spin on it. He eventually was able to do it and I was impressed watching.

I give the Wii a "Thumbs Up."

Great for adults as well as kids.

Excellent party game.

Well worth the price.

Does NOT require and $1000 television.

Need I say more??...LOL :D

I'm confused. I've never owned a GameCube, but picked up GameCube games to use with the wii. Do I need to buy actual GameCube controllers? (I have two classic controllers on order...I thought I'd be all set.)

(My own quote above). The link earlier (thanks jeepmom) still did not directly reference GameCube.

From another forum I am reading...

"Can you play gamecube games with this controller?"

"No, you can't play Gamecube games with this controller. So if you want to play Gamecube games you'll have to get a Gamecube controller."

My 12 yr. old asked for the GameCube this year. We haven't had a Nintendo since the 64 (Playstations instead). He wanted to be able to play the games only Nintendo carried. When I read the Wii was backwards compatible, I thought this was a no-brainer to pick up the Wii. Then I picked up the three GameCube games he wanted.

At this point, I am thinking I better have some GameCube controllers on hand just in case.

(ETA one other comment I found)

"I just got a classic controller, and the shoulder buttons feel like the analog triggers on the gamecube controllers. But the classic controller doesn't work with gamecube games, what is up with this? Does anyone know if they are, in fact, analog triggers? Maybe we're just waiting for a firmware update to enable them for gamecube games."

Thank You...

I have plugged it in and played it. :D

Now...I did have a couple of times that my Wii Sports Disc became unreadable....:eek:

Don't know what is up with that. :confused:

I did have it sitting in the holder on carpet and moved it to something solid. Oh please...let that be the only thing.

So far the Wii is great. It really is the beginning of a new gaming generation. :yup:

I cannot believe how active you have to be to play. WOW!

That error happens when the system isn't getting enough ventilation.

Deana makes sense. These game units produce a great deal of inner heat and putting it on a surface where air can't reach it is looking for trouble. Get it up on a hard surface sitting upright and see how it works.

but they said it was sitting in the holder. That would mean that it was vertical and the ventilation would not be affected.