>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

In all of my life this was the hardest hunt for me....;) Which includes Beanie Baby hunting...at least we got a meal.:cheesy:

Thanks for the info rimshot! I haven't even tried to get accessories yet...Not sure what I want, except I do want a Points Cards "on sale".:yup:

I do want the classic controller but I have Gamecube ones, so not going to run out and hunt that down.

So far we have MonkeyBall & Zelda & I do not think I need more than one Wiimote....right?

Dec. 8th is the date it is supposed to be delivered....we will see..:rolleyes:

Guest JeepMom

Is there any way for people who cannot stand in lines to get one. Been trying every which way and still cannot seem to get any luck in finding them. It seems by the time I check this board, it seems there are then sold out.

I'm sorry but you have to "do the work" either sitting online and checking everything for a few days or stand in line some where. It's not going to materialize in your house with no working for it.

If don't want to work for it wait until Jan.

Another idea is to cut out a picture of it and wrap it in a big box. Let your kids know it's coming and you couldn't get it for christmas because of the demand. It might help teach kids some life lessons. Good things come to those who wait. Just another way to look at it.

Jeep Mom is right. I have been able to score 3 (last one yesterday from CC). All I got online by looking and looking and refreshing and countless horus.

Got one for my kids; one for my college daughter and one for a friends family.

You want it - you work for it and work hard. Worse case scenario go to fleebay

Guest JeepMom

Another idea is to cut out a picture of it and wrap it in a big box. Let your kids know it's coming and you couldn't get it for christmas because of the demand. It might help teach kids some life lessons. Good things come to those who wait. Just another way to look at it.

I would not wrap a picture of it. That's just mean. It's more likely to make the kids cry.

Holly Berry: I am so tickled yours is on the way. We have plenty of the games here but are all out of the remotes/nunchuks now. I have no idea how they matched their orders up on what to ship since they are way out of proportion.

I suspect more of these - including the point card that I still want will be hitting the shelves before Christmas. I've heard more people are fully loaded with the accessories and games just no wii to use them with lol

I heard a few days ago that some stores would be releasing units this Sunday (the 10th) but now it looks like there's going to be some kind of Black Friday Two the following week at some stores. So, I'm willing to bet they're hoarding them for that event. Wish the stores weren't so mysterious. Supporting this theory of hoarding for next week: I noticed today that this website, the Wii Tracker has switched all the "Next Delivery" dates from the 10th or 11th to either "No Data" or the 17th. I guess they want people to be in a panic about Christmas!?!?!?! Here's the site: http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/index.php?p=60675

Good luck to everybody still looking! I'll keep my eye open online.

My nephews in CA want it, with my sister being a single mom, I bought it off ebay with free shipping, the lady couldn't of made more than $50 profit, with ebay fees & paypal fees, free shipping, 3yr warranty ($29), and to top it of a elmo t.m.x ($39). So, yeah i spent a little more than buying from BM, but I don't have to stand in line! And, I supported another Ebay seller, Postal Service and gave my sister have a little joy in her life, letting her give her kids a great gift, it keeps everyone happy! Happy Holidays! I saved $$ by shipping to CA from MA! and my sis is returning elmo with to the store to get a game for wii.... Cheers!

Another FYI: Walmart has the cheapest warranty of all the stores; $17.88 for 2 years. I hear Best Buy has the worst there's cost $60 from what I hear, but I have not confirmed that. Also, I don't know if it's for 1 year or 2.

Maybe, someone in this thread can let us know how much the warranty is on Electronics at Best Buy and for how long.

I bought the replacement warranty from best buy, it was $40 for 2 years, I may cancel it though, because nintendo already has 1 year and then my credit card offers another year,so if anything does go wrong I would just have to pay for shipping to and from nintendo.

I don't know about that. My kid is handicapped and computers and vidoe games is all he really has. Not like he can go out and ride a bike. I had to get one and did. Now my next problem is getting one of those classic controllers because he won't be able to handle the regular remote. It is always something.

HollyBerry: Yes it does come with one wiimote and a nunchuk. But if the kids (or we adults lol) want to compete against each other the second (or third or fourth) controllers are great to have.

If the kids are into the boxing game and want to beat the daylights out of each other instead of the wii-guy they need the wiimote and nunchuk extra. The nunchuk plugs into the wiimote.

I don't know about that. My kid is handicapped and computers and vidoe games is all he really has. Not like he can go out and ride a bike. I had to get one and did. Now my next problem is getting one of those classic controllers because he won't be able to handle the regular remote. It is always something.

All I was doing was offering another suggestion. Life is filled with disappointments. I don't believe in spoiling my kids with everything they put on their list. The fact that people are trying to get one for their children should be enough. Yes the kids will be unhappy for a little while on christmas, but they will also know that they will be getting one soon. These are expensive systems and hard too get. Let your children know that. Let them know how hard it is too get one. Again, it was just another suggestion. Not a solution.

Will GameCube controllers work with the Wii? Or is the classic controller needed to play the GameCube games on it?

Yes .. if all else fails, get the Gamecube controllers they fit the Wii.

You can also play Gamecube games on the Wii as well.

Is the controller for the Wii sports games different from the regular remote and nunchuks??

No, they are the same .. the remote for the Wii is wireless and the nunchuk plugs into the remote. The classic controller you need if you want to play games you download from the Wii channel or Gamecube games, I believe.

Now my next problem is getting one of those classic controllers because he won't be able to handle the regular remote.

He might be able to use the remote for some of the games since it works like whatever object is needed to play the game .. like a bat or a sword. You swing it and your player swings too. Looks kewl!

Passthecrablegs: Let me give you a warning with the wiimote. It is shaped like a modern remote control and has the flimsiest cord that hooks on to it and goes around your wrist. There have lost of cases of the cord breaking the wiimote going through tv screens, windows, walls. YOu are using some force playing the sports games.

I'm very worried about it because my tv room has 3 antique barrister cases and the orignal house windows (160 plus years old). At the minimum I will wrap a thin wire around everything until I can find something better.

So think of something to help keep this baby from breaking (or sliding off skinny wrists like my youngest has). Who wants to wreck the holiday by having an accident?

Passthecrablegs: Let me give you a warning with the wiimote. It is shaped like a modern remote control and has the flimsiest cord that hooks on to it and goes around your wrist. There have lost of cases of the cord breaking the wiimote going through tv screens, windows, walls. YOu are using some force playing the sports games.

I'm very worried about it because my tv room has 3 antique barrister cases and the orignal house windows (160 plus years old). At the minimum I will wrap a thin wire around everything until I can find something better.

So think of something to help keep this baby from breaking (or sliding off skinny wrists like my youngest has). Who wants to wreck the holiday by having an accident?

Oh wow thanks for the warning. I'll look into that as well. All I need is that thing flying thru the air like a missile.

He might be able to use the remote for some of the games since it works like whatever object is needed to play the game .. like a bat or a sword. You swing it and your player swings too. Looks kewl!

My son is in a wheelchair but can use his upper body. Only he does have low tone with his arms and hands so he won't be standing up and swinging like I saw a child in a commercial for wii yesterday. But he can use the controller for his playstation so I figure the wii classic controller will work pretty similiar. I am actually thinking this could be a great tool for his physical therapist to use with him with the games like tennis or baseball where you have to swing to play the games.

Well I just read a rumor that TRU, BB and Target will have them the 17. So hopefully that is true. I will be there with bells on the night b4.:gdparanoid:

I noticed that you're from PA. I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're anywhere near the Lehigh Valley, our Target is one of the highest volume stores in the region (per an employee). The man told me that they get the largest shipments in the area. I got my Wii there last Sunday. Our Target got 160 Wii's. If you're close, it may not be a bad place to try on the 17th. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and everyone else still trying.

Guest JeepMom

Doesn't it come with 1 Wiimote and nunchucks? :confused:

yea but we wanted 2, we're thinking of buying more for when we have people over

Guest JeepMom

My son is in a wheelchair but can use his upper body. Only he does have low tone with his arms and hands so he won't be standing up and swinging like I saw a child in a commercial for wii yesterday. But he can use the controller for his playstation so I figure the wii classic controller will work pretty similiar. I am actually thinking this could be a great tool for his physical therapist to use with him with the games like tennis or baseball where you have to swing to play the games.

Good thing to take in is it's not about the power behind it, just the motion. My 3yo can bowl strikes. Golf tends to be a bit hard for her to get yet. Tennis she's not coordinated for at all.

This is my main reason for getting Beorn the Wii. He also has low muscle tone, especially in his upper trunk and body. He hates exercising, but loves video games. We usually discourage him from playing video games, and keep in GameCube and Dreamcast at his grandfather's.

Because I am hopeful the Wii will give him opportunities to use his upper body, I am plannign on bringing this console home. I should also discuss this with his physical therapist. Thanks for the idea.

I noticed that you're from PA. I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're anywhere near the Lehigh Valley, our Target is one of the highest volume stores in the region (per an employee). The man told me that they get the largest shipments in the area. I got my Wii there last Sunday. Our Target got 160 Wii's. If you're close, it may not be a bad place to try on the 17th. I hope this helps. Good luck to you and everyone else still trying.

I was going to go to the Reading Target. Since you said they usually get alot I might just go there instead. Thanks for the heads up ;)

Could you use the velco strapping that you can get and use it to wrap and "velco" the control acoss your hand? We have used that for other items that could fly:gdangel:

I considered velcro but considering the effort in throwing your arm back and forth I'm not sure. But the string itself it uses (and I do mean string) is extremely flimsy. Why they didn't use cloth wrapped wire to make these is beyond me. Perhaps in a hope that people would rush out and buy those colored covers to help grip them? But has the same strap with it as the console unit just in color.

The tricky part is finding something strong enough but skinny enough to loop to the controller eye itself.

I'm honestly not concerned about it, but I don't have kids playing with it. The strap seems fairly strong, and you don't need to punch/swing/push/move the controller violently to get the desired response. I may however hold off on buying a spare wiimote until they redesign them, which I believe they will after what's happening.