Helpful hint for cold weather..

abentley

I live where it can be brutal cold for BF, and I am a wuss!! I love the "thermacare" wraps for my neck and shoulders all year, but they come in really handy for BF as well as the "hot hands" warmers that are out in stores right now for a lot less. A pack of 4 for $1.97 and they last up to 10 hours. It makes the weather a lot easier to handle for me!!

Good idea! I have always used the hot hands, but discovered the one where you can put on the bottom of your back. We go to a lot of football games, so I got one for my back, and it really kept me warm :) May have to try the thermal wraps this year, they sound like they may be a bit cheaper than the hot hands.

I live where it can be brutal cold for BF, and I am a wuss!! I love the "thermacare" wraps for my neck and shoulders all year, but they come in really handy for BF as well as the "hot hands" warmers that are out in stores right now for a lot less. A pack of 4 for $1.97 and they last up to 10 hours. It makes the weather a lot easier to handle for me!!

Lol i know what you mean. It was 13-20 degrees:blush: .

Do you put the hand warmers inside your gloves?

I always grab a few of the hand warmers out of my hubbies hunting gear. I have been trying to figure out how to get some in my shoes :D

Thanks for the hint on the one for neck and shoulders, I will try that this year. :yup:

Just get a pair of these:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47668537&parent_category_rn=4501773&vcat=REI_SEARCH

http://a1072.g.akamai.net/f/1072/2062/1d/gallery.rei.com/media/703131_7086Prd.jpg

I have a friend who used them for skiing. She said they work great!

I always grab a few of the hand warmers out of my hubbies hunting gear. I have been trying to figure out how to get some in my shoes :D

Thanks for the hint on the one for neck and shoulders, I will try that this year. :yup:

Hey cactusmom if you wear those loose moon boots (not the really dorky ones LOL)for BF you can get the hand warmers in the toes of them. I did that last year with my boots and my toes where toasty warm!

Just get a pair of these:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47668537&parent_category_rn=4501773&vcat=REI_SEARCH

http://a1072.g.akamai.net/f/1072/2062/1d/gallery.rei.com/media/703131_7086Prd.jpg

I have a friend who used them for skiing. She said they work great!

Scott - You are awesome. :g_thumble I'm getting these for my wife. She got frostbite on a couple of her toes when she was young and whenever we're out in the winter her feet start to really hurt from the cold.

I have one tip...Move to florida. The coldest it gets at night in Nov is 50 degrees, and thats if there's a cold front. Typically its around 60. I even remember one Xmas where it was 80. That was great. :)

You bet me to it. :fluffy:

My first experience with BF was when I was in Upstate NY and thought never again! I froze my butt off. Now living in Florida weather is not an issue so I started going again.

I have one tip...Move to florida. The coldest it gets at night in Nov is 50 degrees, and thats if there's a cold front. Typically its around 60. I even remember one Xmas where it was 80. That was great. :)

Sure, all well and good, but I'd rather deal with the cold than the hurricanes... :)

Last years experience was not too bad at all!! I made sure that I had some of the hand warmers (tons of it). I found out that it was actually better to put it underneath my feet in my shoes. It kept my feet warm all night. I'm gonna say that was the best thing I ever did ( I also brought some comforters with me).

You can also buy the footwarmers (like the ones for your hands) for your shoes .. they come with a little sticky strip to attach to the inside of your shoe ..

I wore those once to a FB game, and my feet started burnin! I had to take my boots off and take them off...I tried to keep them on as long as I could, but I finally couldn't take it anymore LOL!

Oh geesh! After re-reading that post, and seeing where you are supposed to stick them to the inside of your shoe....I now know why my feet were burnin....I stuck them on the inside of my socks..whadda maroon I am:gdblush:

LOL typical man not reading the instructions:cheesy:

Doh after seeing your username apparently you aren't a man! For shame woman!

You bet me to it. :fluffy:

My first experience with BF was when I was in Upstate NY and thought never again! I froze my butt off. Now living in Florida weather is not an issue so I started going again.

I couldn't agree more, I spent many years on BF in western PA and northern VA and last year was my first of many BF's in Florida! Last year we ordered frappacino's at Starbucks instead of coffee!

Oh geesh! After re-reading that post, and seeing where you are supposed to stick them to the inside of your shoe....I now know why my feet were burnin....I stuck them on the inside of my socks..whadda maroon I am:gdblush:

LOL!!! To funny mom39. I have another hint for all you BF shopper that use the hand warmers in your shoes. Take them out right before the doors open or your feet will be burning from the friction my feet where on fire last year. And that was with them outside of my socks!!!!:g_laughin

I'm a BeautiControl consultant so if I'll be in line outside I'll most def. pack a few of the heated neckwraps like I use for hostess gifts!:yup: