Are you obsessed with Christmas wrap?

mom395222

I love Wrapping stuff!!! I have a new obsession, I started about 3 years ago going out the day after Christmas and buying all things Christmas wrap. I love to go to Joanne fabrics, they have the best stuff, and it's always discounted A LOT! In my basement with my decorations, there are suddenly 3 huge rubbermaid totes FULL of wrap, boxes, gift bags, ribbon, bows, gift tags, and boxes of Christmas cards! I have really built up quite the collection LOL!!! But it's so nice to have it, and not have to worry about that expense on top of the other stuff!

Yup! I have always enjoyed wrapping but it wasnt till just last year I got real creative and pretty. Halmark had a big sale and I got a bunch of paper from them last year. But good to know about Joanne's I will have to keep an eye out there as well! And ribbon I am obsessed with pretty ribbion lol.

I'm gonna go over to Shopping moms house to wrap, hehe.

I saw this thing on the news last year where this lady was a professional wrapper and was giving tips. She was amazing, did things like coil up a little USB cable and put it in the bow for a techy type gift it was really cool.

I am in love with wrap/bows/tissue/ and tags. I order stuff all year, plan & prepare for looks of certain boxes and gifts. My Dh bought me the nicest organizers. they are from rubbermaid, but they are zippered bags, and ones that hang up. they are awsome. I will be looking for more this year. To me, it's not just the gift, but the presentaion... my husband thinks a walmart gift bag tied in a knot has the same effect!!!

I have a theme each year and A LOT of things match...including and most importantly the paper for gifts!

last year-red and black paper...with red, white and black ribbons-a variety of them...real ribbon that you can untie. Makes me think of being a little girl and getting a gift from a fancy store. I always use real ribbon...this was due to the flood at my house on black friday-so appropriate to include black in this sophisticated theme...we lived at my dd's for 7 months and house is not done...yet.

year before-brown and pink...with pink organdy ribbon...paper from joann's...my Mom had died unexpectedly and we were living in Orlando...with dd again...doctor said for me to leave my house and get some peace about it all...pink was her favorite color and brown mine...so that was the reason for that...

2003-snowflakes-white with white satin ribbons...snowflake paper and lots of snowflakes outside...last year in my house until this year...snow trees-three of them-new-in entry.

2002-Santa theme-santa paper, red and green grosgrain ribbons-new santas outside and in...

2001-patriotic-red and white striped paper with blue ribbons and star gift cards. A new tree-patriotic in stairway.

I do eleven trees and usually one matches my theme...and the number of trees keeps growing!

This year a new one...white one. Not sure where to put it. Or how to decorate it.

Here is what I have so far:

Hallmark tree in LR

Disney tree in kitchen

Handmade tree in family room

Santa's laundry tree in laundry room

For dining room-silver decorated tree and silver stuff on the table and mantle

For media room-gold everywhere! Room is painted a pepper brown color...

For bathroom-cranberry decorations-room is now painted a color called My Valentine

For my bathroom-pink decorations

For my loft-no ideas yet

For my guest room-tree decorated with purple...

For bahama room-bright colors!

This is an obsession!

I do love the theme thing...

I like to wrap. I am OBSESSED with finding the perfect balance of colors and patterns to put under the tree so it looks pefect. I never like the rubbermade organizer and it is a mess if it all is not kept straight so I made this organizer 2 years ago to keep is all together and keep it pretty. We lived in a medium apartment then so space was a commodity..... looks like the pic is not up loading oh well!

Trying to upload that pic.

Second try, see if that works????

I can't buy mine on clearance, because I never know what theme to use and they never have enough on sale!! Each package has to match, etc. This year I'm trying to break the obsession.. my husband says it's not christmas unless there's bright colored character paper on the kid's gifts. It usually takes me hours to wrap gifts. My favorite place to buy it is the Dollar Tree... the paper is thin enough it folds easily, and they have so many gorgeous styles... you have to buy it in September though... if not, I love Target paper!!

Last year was red & green metallic

year before: brown paper... several different styles with gold patterns

also:

blue/silver

and my all time favorite PINK!!

I am not obsessed with wrapping at all.

I buy my paper from the dollar store starting around the first of Oct. because they normally have Disney Christmas wrap. My daughter is eight and she does not care about wrapping at all, it is all about what is inside to her.

Now if I have an extra special gift, I wrap it nicer. Teacher presents, that really something expensive my husband wanted, wedding presents, etc.

But overall, the dollar store meets all my wrapping needs.