Pre-Ad BF Plans (merged)

stationchief

Without knowing exactly what each store will offer, what are your current plans for the day of BF? Expectin' to be in a line somewhere already?

I've got a mental list of a few things the wife and I are expectin' to get, some could very well be doorbusters at a number of places, but thus far my current plans involve several stores including: Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Fry's Electronics. The wife and I are expecting to be in an early line at WM unless FE has an incredible doorbuster on the computer components for my new supercomputer, like a dirt cheap 'Core 2 Duo' processor/mobo combo. Then we might split up, her in line at WM and me at FE. Then it's off to BB for the rest of the components I might need before everyone else gets 'em, while the wife finishes up our christmas shoppin' at WM. Everythin' can completely change at any time in the next few months, of course, as this year is gonna be BIG for both of us. :eyepoppin

What are your pre-ads plans for the infamous day? :yup:

I'm almost certain that I'll be waiting in line at CompUSA again. The last two years, they have had the best deals on stuff I was looking for, and if they do midnight madness again, then I'll still be able to get in line plenty early at another of the secondary stores once I'm done (Staples, if I had to venture a guess right now). I'll be pretty surprised if CompUSA is NOT part of this year's itinerary. After that, WM at some point after the craziness ends, but just to get DVDs. Last year my wife, me, and our then 1 year old all went around 10am, and it was very calm there...probably because we have 3 WMs within 15 mins.

For the last few years CC or BB has always been my first stop, so unless Toys R Us or Target has some toys that we must have (can't depend on to do second), then we'll probably be in line at one of the above mentioned electronics stores in the early hours of BF.

Last year we made awesome time doing both BB and CC and still making it to Target to stand in line before the doors even opened. Here's hoping I can pull that one off again.

I'm going to be at Wal-Mart and will probably hit Radio Shack and JCPenney (for the free snowglobe). I'll price match anything from KB and Target that I want at WM so I should be back home 7am. I'm doubting I'll hit any of the other stores as they are all at least an hour away from me.

I usually know I'll be at Walmart. Even with their regular prices, their toys are the best prices.

My son wants electronics this year so who knows who will have the best prices. I've be able to dodge BB in the last few years so Im hoping someone else will have the stuff he wants. Its just so CRAZY there

So far I'm thinking the BX. Last couple of years they have given away $20. gift cards the friday, Saturday, Sunday after Turkey Day. They also have great prices on toys/clothes. Then I'll probably go to Target or Walmart. But you never know!!

I am sure my plans will change. Last year my plan was to go to WalMart first, but after waking up late, and seeing the line I changed at the last minute.

This year my pre-ad plan are...

Kohls or WalMart first. A lot depends on doorbusters and type of toys they have for sale, and items that I may want from other stores that WalMart may price-match.

WalMart or Kohls whichever was not first.

I usually just have a first store then second store plan and maybe go to one or two other stores depending on ads. This year the only things left to get are toys for the boys and a few winter outfits for them.

I may check out a few places for deals on DVD Recorder/ VCR combos, but I am still hoping to find one of those sooner than later.

But of course the ads may change my plans if there are some deals I can't pass up.

I'll try to go to Target again, like I did last year. Unless its offered with a free plush on the release date, I'll wait to get Over the Hedge until Black Friday - last year I got a great deal on Madagascar at Target. And two years ago, I got a good deal on the Aladdin DVD on Black Friday at Shopko of all places.

We'll probably hit Walmart first and then Staples. Maybe JcPenney's after that.. not sure though.

I wish we had a Target, Toysrus , Best Buy and Circuit City close to us. The closest ones are almost 30 miles away. :(

BTW : What are Best Buy Bucks and how do you get them?

No idea. It's all up to the ads this year, and that's my pre-ad plan. ;)

I usually go to Best Buy or Circuit City, but I don't think I'll be needing / wanting anything from there, so I'll pay closer attention to Target, TRU, and Dick's Sporting Good.

We'll probably hit Walmart first and then Staples. Maybe JcPenney's after that.. not sure though.

I wish we had a Target, Toysrus , Best Buy and Circuit City close to us. The closest ones are almost 30 miles away. :(

BTW : What are Best Buy Bucks and how do you get them?

Best buy bucks come in $1 or $5 and you min them on chicken select strips na dthe upscale chicken sandwhiches at McDonalds during the monopoly promo. (starts tuesday) But most people on here collect them by mailing in for the free pieces, see the thread in the " deal discussion" forum for more details.