Lay Away Poll

sky_scraper123

Lay away  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Lay away

• I will still shop at WM on BF lay away or not offered
    • I will not shop at WM on BF with no lay away offered

I don't use lawaway much and not on BF especially but think of all the people who depend on the LAW. Ones who cannot afford to pay cash or who do not have credit cards. I heard WalM is doing this because they want everyone to get a walmart credit card and use it instead. Millions of people don't qualify for credit. THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST ASINE THINGS WALMART WILL EVER DO. We all should stick together and tell them that LAW is important to a lot of people and they need to keep it. I don't see how they can have any less employees and still operate. Our superstore (in OH) is lucky if there are 4 registers open at any given time. I hear people complain all the time. If they didn't PM I wouldn't be there. I hate walmart for the way they treat their employees and how they think since there #1 they can screw all.

Here's the NUMBER to call to voice your opinion on Walmart doing away with layaway....1-800-WALMART!

I love layaway, and some years I use it on BF. Kmart in my town (just a couple of miles from WM) will still do layaway. If they have better or comparable BF blitz deals, I will go to KM. KM is still trying to build a loyal customer base, so I wouldn't be too surprized if they had some good buys that day.

I put all my kids toys on layaway early to secure thier presents, but most likely I will be getting it out early ,next week. I have a couple more things to get like the high price fisher price /hot wheels cars my sons have different cars they want and seem to never find any in stock at any major retail store.:(

My husband and I do use LAW for BF and are always in and out rather quickly. We usually pay for the majority of the LAW but it is great for us not have to bring everything home for a month since we live in a smaller apartment. We have a ton of extended family with children to buy for so this always helps us a great deal. We were very disappointed to see it go.

I use LAW during the year, so this really irritates me. I would never use it on BF simply because the wait in line is hours long....so that tells you there are going to be many people either not shopping and their kids not getting things, or they will get into a credit card they can't pay. I have no credit cards and only pay cash on BF. I did start 2 LAW's when I heard about this though. I think it was stupid on WM's part.

We have never used layaway, but I am deeply disappointed by this because my husband was planning on standing in line to try to put a bag of M & M's on layaway. (he got the email of crazy things to do in wal-mart and hoped this would either make the cashier's day instead of royally ticking her off)

I do not do layaway on BF but I have used layaway every year for 16 years for my kids presents. I do not have credit cards nor do I want them. I think it is assine to force people to go into credit debt or just have children do with out. It's a shame I guess the saying is true everything for a buck

I don't use layaway on BF so it won't make a difference.

But my Mom loves using layaway so it does kinda bother me that they will not offer the layway anymore but i told my Mom i would be her Layway and she could just pay me. It will limit how much i shop there and for what though

I personally do not use Lay-a-way on BF, but I know alot of people that do and I think it is just awful that Wal-MArt is doing away with their lay-a-way......Alot of people can not afford to just go out and buy everything that day....so lay-a-way would allow them to still get their great deals and then just pay on it....Big mistake on Wal-Marts part....They will have to live and learn I guess...I think it will hurt their sales.

I don't do BF so it won't affect me. I cannot handle crowds and incredibly long lines (LAW).

I do have my daughter's birthday present on LAW right now though. We stumbled across a specific ride on toy she wanted and we had been searching for weeks. I zoomed that sucker right into LAW :cool:

I have used layway in the past but mostly not because it is a pain on black friday so this year I will just pay my credit card balance off completely and pay that way much quicker than anything else I hope. I only shop at walmart because the other stores are an hour away from me so I price match everything I get that in my buggy before the wm sale starts and I am out in less than an hour :)

Last year during BF I was going to put a digital camera on layaway, but after seeing the line literally wrapped around the store (evidently people were shopping and had their shopping buddy already in the layaway line), I quickly decided it was not worth the hassle and went ahead and scurried to the closest cashier and bought it. :gdrunner:

I've only used layaway once before, and that time when I went to pick up my stuff, it took over an hour to get it! B/c evidently they lock the stuff in trailers and only certain people have access to unlock it, but those people were nowhere to be found!

But I still shop and Walmart and will continue to do so, regardless of the layaway.

last year was the first time I used layaway in SOOOO long. But thats just because I spent alot and didn't have enough cash to cover it. I was hoping that if I went over my limit to use layaway again. But i guess I'll just have to keep a running total in my head. LOL

oh yea, lots of online sites are offering 'bill me later' services. I don't like it because you can only send payment in by mail and can't pay online. (Unless they have changed in the last year or so.) I used it once, but guess I would again if I had too. If you can't qualify for a credit card maybe this would work.

Hmm...the few bill me later places I've seen (haven't checked WM) take you to a credit card application.

Layaway was nice for folks who didn't want to pay a high interest on the credit card for the "luxury" of paying for Christmas things over a few weeks. We are doing this with bedroom furniture right now, and the sales folks were like "Why? You can apply for a credit card!!" And I said, look the rate on the card is what? 20% or something? Why, when I only need about a month to pay it off and the layaway is 90 days? It's stupid to add a whole new credit card to the mounting debt most people have, when layaway just gives you an extra bit of time with no harm done.

Anyhow, BF layaway sounds like a nightmare, so I answered that it would not affect my shopping.