Super Walmarts - Do they close for Thanksgiving and then reopen? < merged >

BFQueenofNY

I know that every WM is different some stay open and have the BF stuff wrapped in shrink wrap or something like that. I'm from the Watkins Glen area and they shut the doors about 1:30 am on BF and set up the store. It goes by the manager at the store I think. Call and ask but even then you may get the wrong info. I asked when our new super WM opened a few years ago and they said oh we stay open but my mom and I got there at about 4 in the morning and the doors where locked. So if you are going to hit there first go with the safe side and get there early!

we went to one of the supercenters last year instead of the regular walmart. it was a lot better then standing out in the cold. we were able to get all of our non-doorbuster stuff and then go stand next to the pallets of doorbusters and grab those as soon as they unwrapped them.

There is one Super Walmart, and one on the way, in the area I live. And two regular Walmarts.

The Super Walmart didn't close and people were allowed inside, and silly me didn't go to that one I went to a regular Walmart closer to my home and saw the line and left. I did go back later in the morning and was able to get what I wanted.

I work for Wal-Mart 8 yrs now blitz ads are top secret the only day we close is christmas day. how kind of them. yes there are alot of changes comming.pay caps just to keep us poor and the rich lining their pockets so they can shop at better stores.uniforms which we will have to buy or lose our job.no more layaway which alot of people depend on for school stuff for the kids christmas etc. It will be a black day when all this comes around. If I should be so lucky to get a flyer I will share.

I work for Wal-Mart 8 yrs now blitz ads are top secret the only day we close is christmas day. how kind of them. yes there are alot of changes comming.pay caps just to keep us poor and the rich lining their pockets so they can shop at better stores.uniforms which we will have to buy or lose our job.no more layaway which alot of people depend on for school stuff for the kids christmas etc. It will be a black day when all this comes around. If I should be so lucky to get a flyer I will share.

just curious why you stay there if you hate it so much???

Ok, so I asked around last night at work. First off, its very weird... The employess (or the ones I talked to) called it "Blitz Day" LOL I was like, nooooo its called Black Friday (and then tried to explain blitz), it was pretty funny.

Anyways, we did just open this supercenter, they dont think they will stick BF items in Lawn and Garden (but they arent sure), they also all seemed to think they will rope off an entire section of the store from a certain time until 5am. Now this is just my store so unless you live in Southern Illinois it could be different. LOL. But I am watching and asking for everyone! ;)

Julie

We only have 2 super centers in the whole county, and the one closest to me is one of the busiest in the nation, so I would not shop there during BF to save my life cause it will probably end anyways with stress being the cause. I wish they would build one closer to me though :)

I think it was 5 am last year, though I'm not sure. We usually start at Circuit City. I think most of them don't close, but just keep the "door buster" items hidden until "time".

Though, once the ads start leaking Aaron has promised to create an "Official Store Hours" thread, just as he did last year.

I only can speak for my 24 hr Wal~Mart. The store is only "closed" 5 minutes(10 tops) a night when the cashiers are switching over from lets say Wed. till(cash register drawer's) to Thursday till. The store is open you just cant make purchases until the tills are switched and reports start to run. They have to close out Wed and start Thursday. Our BF items are on pallets that are shrinked wrapped. Usually they have associates standing there guarding them and wont unwrap until 5 am. HTH.

Last year WM opened at 5 am I'm sure of that I was freezing my booty off in the cold! Every SUper WM is different. Mine closes about 1 am and they set up the BF goods. Some have everything wrapped and they take off the wrap at 5. So call and ask. And you may want to call and ask a few times because I've gotten incorrect info many times before at WM.