Washers & Dryers

DaFees

Hey a fellow BF Shopper here, I got my first taste of what it was like to be a true BFer last year, and I am sooo looking forward to it this year. I'm looking for a laptop, and perhaps they'll have a Nintendo DS on sale this year. Anyways that's all besides the point

My family and I recently moved to a new house, where we can finally have a washer and dryer put in, and I was curious, if any of you know if there are ever any really good BF specials on washers and dryers?

If it helps, between my brother and his wife, my sister, and myself, we'd like to get the washer and dryer together, and what I mean by together is like so they match. Also, if possible, we'd prefer if we could get a good deal on a front-loading washer.

So any help you can provide would be nice, and appreciated. I can't wait for the ads to come out!!! :cheesy:

Welcome back, DaFees!

I think Lowe's has the best prices on appliances. We bought our dishwasher and range there.

Home Depot seems to want to keep their appliances as pets - I don't know how they make a sale.

If you have a Sam's Club in your area, their selection is slim, but their prices are good.

Welcome back, DaFees!

I think Lowe's has the best prices on appliances. We bought our dishwasher and range there.

Home Depot seems to want to keep their appliances as pets - I don't know how they make a sale.

If you have a Sam's Club in your area, their selection is slim, but their prices are good.

Well I shall definitely keep Lowe's in mind but when you mention them are you saying on average they have the best prices or just on black friday do they have the best prices?

Just as a side question, what city are you from Marcster, because I technically live in southeastern PA as well

Well I shall definitely keep Lowe's in mind but when mention them are you saying on average they have the best prices or just on black friday do they have the best prices.

Just as a side question, what city are you from Marcster, because I technically live in southeastern PA as well

Honestly, I don't recall any specific of the specific washer/dryer deals from Black Friday, because I wasn't looking for one at the time. Looking at the past Black Friday lists: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=47429, it seems that Best Buy & Sears had some deals, but it doesn't show any specifics beyond the prices really.

I think Lowe's prices are pretty good all the time for appliances. If memory serves, they offer 0% APR with their credit card for purchases over $299 at various times of the year. But they don't offer "sales" per say.

I live north of Reading, PA, halfway between Reading and Allentown.

Well I thank you for your input. I was looking at the specials for last year, I noticed that Best Buy had a good price on a frigidaire washer and dryer combo, but I don't know if the washer a front-end loading one or not, but oh well. I will keep my eyes open.

Well I thank you for your input. I was looking at the specials for last year, I noticed that Best Buy had a good price on a frigidaire washer and dryer combo, but I don't know if the washer a front-end loading one or not, but oh well. I will keep my eyes open.

I still have last years Best Buy ad that shows the Frigidaire washer/dryer combo for $499. The washer was a top loader.

The Frigidaire front loader pair in the same ad was $749.99 for the washer and $599.99 for the dryer, after the $300 savings on the dryer for buying the pair.

Well, thank you NeepNeep for the info. From I can gather, as much as my mom would like a front loading washer, she might have to live with a top loading washer, for now. But since you have the ad from last year, quick question, does the ad say what the capacities of that washer /dryer combo were for $499

Well, thank you NeepNeep for the info. From I can gather, as much as my mom would like a front loading washer, she might have to live with a top loading washer, for now. But since you have the ad from last year, quick question, does the ad say what the capacities of that washer /dryer combo were for $499

I can't make out the model numbers or BB item numbers from the 2005 ad (scan wasn't very clear), but here are the item descriptions:

15-Cycle Super Capacity Plus Washer - 7 temp settings, auto temperature control, infinate water levels, DuraFinish surface.

11-Cycle Moisture Sensor Electric Dryer - Precision Dry prevents overdrying your clothes. With wrinkle-reducing press-saver cycle. 4 temp settings and drying rack.

Hope this helps...

You're welcome :)

I was able to figure out the model numbers and cu. ft.:

Washer - FWSB7800DS - 3.0 Cu. Ft.

Dryer - FERB7800DS - 5.7 Cu. Ft.

If you need more info Google or Dogpile the model numbers. You can search for the product manuals at www.frigidaire.com by clicking 'Customer Service', then 'Product Manuals'.

I work for a appliance service company, only buy something in the Whirlpool family ex., Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Roper, Estate or Sears.full size, no Sears stacks or front loads. Everything else out there except certain high end brands are pure junk.

I work for a appliance service company, only buy something in the Whirlpool family ex., Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Roper, Estate or Sears.full size, no Sears stacks or front loads. Everything else out there except certain high end brands are pure junk.

From repair statistics I've seen, in front loader washers, Maytag is far and away the most problematic........other brands out there, Frigidaire, Sears, Whirlpool, GE all are fairly equal in repair history.

In top-loading washers, the worst were KitchenAid, Amana, and Fisher & Paykel. The best in order were Roper, Frigidaire, GE, Whirlpool, and Kenmore. (In fact, the GE's were just as trouble prone in top-loaders as Whirlpools.) Maytag fit in between the two sets.

In reality, few major brands out there are "pure junk", as it was put. And outside of Maytag, the front-loaders seemed to be as reliable as top-loaders.

This was based on a repair history taken from 2001-2005 with approximately 94K samples.

Uggh, just bought an expensive new washer, never thought of trying to wait til BF for a deal.

It is good to know the opinions of the washers too. THX guys. A day late and a dollar short for me though :D I bought a front loader Fridgidaire, which I actually love at the moment. Cut my water bill in half.

Well I've taken into consideration all that has been said, I will definitely, keep my eyes open this season. I know my mom could really use a washer / dryer combo, because it'd save us from having to use our precious gas to drive to the laundromat, plus it'd save us from have to pay to use the machines, the only we'd have to really pay would be a water bill, but in the long run it pays. The major brands I'll look at will probably Whirlpool, Frigidaire, and Kenmore.

Lastly thank you all for your input, however I do have a two quick questions.

I've never bought big appliances such as a washer / dryer combo on Black Friday, let alone any day, so, how's this done, (sorry if this sounds stupid), but do I just ask an associate for help.. can I expect any troubles considering it'd be Black Friday?

Second question.. I can and will look some of this up on my own, but I thought if any of you had any input on what makes a washer / dryer you could let me know, like what's a good capacity, are there certain features or whatever to look out for?

That's for now, again, thank you for your input!

P.S. Every second gone by is one second closer to Black Friday, hmm maybe they should post a real-time countdown on the main page, hehe :D

• 1 month later...

Anyone have experience with buying from Appliance Direct? This is a Florida chain that sells scratch and dent and open box appliances. They also have "New In Box" but I'm not entirely sure they are from the manufacturer or repackaged. Anyways, a front-load HE system would be great and we were a bit timid to buy recently on the friends and family deal at Sears last week. Now we are more serious about putting the money down but need to see a deep discount from retail.

If anyone has purchased from a similar company please tell me your experiences, thanks.

DaFees, Have you tried going to consumer reports they list all the major washers and dryers rate them by price range and give the pros and cons of each. Listing with the model number and all. This is what we did at income tax time and then priced out what fit in our price range. If you wash alot of clothes at your house you sure dont want the thing breaking down in a year, like our last one.

Hey a fellow BF Shopper here, I got my first taste of what it was like to be a true BFer last year, and I am sooo looking forward to it this year. I'm looking for a laptop, and perhaps they'll have a Nintendo DS on sale this year. Anyways that's all besides the point

My family and I recently moved to a new house, where we can finally have a washer and dryer put in, and I was curious, if any of you know if there are ever any really good BF specials on washers and dryers?

If it helps, between my brother and his wife, my sister, and myself, we'd like to get the washer and dryer together, and what I mean by together is like so they match. Also, if possible, we'd prefer if we could get a good deal on a front-loading washer.

So any help you can provide would be nice, and appreciated. I can't wait for the ads to come out!!! :cheesy:

I THINK i saw in the Home depot BF ad a front loading washer and dryer for $1,000 for the pair. not sure on the name brand, but it seems like a good price to me, considering they are the front loading. I would love this set, but my W/D are only 2 years old and I dont think Dh would go for it, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for a washer, it pays to pay more for a front loader, preferably European model like Bosch, they are , much gentler on clothes. I have a Miele that I haven't got the adapter for to plug it in yet, it actuall;y heats the water to 190 F, supposed to make bleach obsolete but I also have a Splendid combo washer/dryer combo and aside from leather I can wash all my dry cleaning in and never worry, what I save in dry cleaning alone makes it worth it. I never have piling in my clothes anymore, the savings completely outweigh the cost.