Do you use your Christmas bonuses strictly for BF?

reportermomof3

my mom use to get a bonus but this yr they said the people out on the floor,factory,will not get it but the office workers sure get there bonus...needless to say christmas from grandma will be slim this yr for the grandbabies...she just hate it because all these yrs of getting the bonus 13 ys,they have come to depend on it.

I get my bonus the day before our Christmas party, usually the second week in December, so I will use it to finish up, but Hubby is a great saver, so we have money for the shopping this year. I feel for all of you that don't get them. I work for a fantastic company. Get a great bonus at Christmas, they call it a gift from the board members, 10% of our yearly salary into a retirement plan. Two weeks paid vacation, don't work nights, weekends, or holidays. Pretty good set up, I think.

I thought I was going to be a wise-ass and wonder what in the world a Christmas Bonus was, but was disappointed (or, maybe relieved) when I realized that I wasn't even close to being the first to post.

I thought Christmas Bonuses only existed on Nat'l Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Glad to hear I'm not the only sorry sucker who doesn't get a Christmas Bonus. Heck, I'm lucky if my boss takes me out for lunch!

The place I work for is doing really bad this year (they are a pretty small business), so I prob won't even get the piddly bit that I usually get:( DH never gets one. And we had to use our savings for a gigantic plumbing problem.

BF may be a Visa only day for me.

Closest I'll get to a Christmas bonus is an "extra" paycheck on 12/29. We get paid every 2 weeks so that would be the 3rd paycheck in the month and no benefits deductions, so I will be BFing with my credit card and hoping to pay it off when the bill comes. May have to change the due date on my cc to accomplish this though.

• 4 weeks later...

I am self employed so normally there is no bonus for me. This year business was good so the past 2 months I ummm, paid myself. Hey, I deserve it:tongue1: But my DH gets a bonus (they call it holidays not taken pay) the 2nd week of Nov. Usually it averages out to around $1000.

I feel for all of you that work and get nothing as a bonus...esp. when a company is doing good. They wouldn't be where they are without their good employees therefore, they should be rewarded!

I sure would if I got one. Want my bosses phone number?? HA HA HA

This year my husband and I planned and had money taken out of his check and put in a flexiable spending account. It's for our daycare expense but we've been good about not touching it. So this year we have our Christmas fund and I will submit the receipts next week so our money will be here before all of the excitement on BF! Finally a plan that worked for me.

My company is giving us a 75 Priemiere choice certificate that we can redem at participating merchants...BB is one of them and it would help me a lot with paying for the camera I am trying to get on BF. The only thing is that we are getting them on Holiday Party day which is December 1st. There goes my additional BF spending money. I can always spent it at KB toys later...:D

Christmas bonus? What's that?? :confused:

that was what I was going to say. Years ago, we did get a small bonus. It sure wasn't anything to write home about but we at least got somethig. It went from a small cash bonus to a cheap gift to nothing.

YAYYYYYY for all of you that do receive one.