What do you do to entertain yourself while you're in line?

brynnfromtheblock

People are pretty friendly!! I had this lady in front of me last year at BB(Keep in mind that I got there at 10PM so she was there before me) who was a little odd but we talked for a while, didn't get around to asking her what she was buying until about 3am at which point she told us she was there for the Xbox.... I was like ummmm BB doesn't have an Xbox would you like to see my ad and she said "no thanks" and got up and left... OK number 1, I wouldn't be sitting outside all night if I didn't know for sure the store had what I wanted and number 2) If I had already been there for 5 plus hours I would look at the ad to make sure it wasn't on there!! You meet all types!!

For the past few years I have done BF alone. Last year I met a lady that I stood in line with the previous year at a totally different store! That was funny we talked and talked like we were old friends.

We both ended up at Macys because our original stores had long lines. We were one and two at Macys and we arrived there at 5ish.

This year I plan to play games on my cellphone, read the GottaDeal forums and maybe post a bit about what is going on around me.

Imagine if you were in Chicago, it's very cold. If you freeze your butt off in GA. What's 10-20 degrees to ya?

I'm thinking it's like 50-60 here, not cold - but to a Georgian, that may be on the colder side - when I have to put on a jacket, I know it's getting colder. :P

Sometimes I talk to the people around me and re-study my sales circulars. Last year it was too cold to talk. I spent seven hrs outside in a chair with a hood and blanket over my head, to ward off the wind. I had my cell phone headset in one ear and an iPod ear bud in the other. I alternated between calling family and friends and listening to my iPod.

When you are close to the door it is easier to do this. I was second in line at CC.

i am in line with the childrens. so it is kind of like a LONG car ride. "is it time yet. how much longer. i'm thirsty. i have to go to the bathroom". but my kids know when it's "showtime" and they know their roles as to what to get when we get in there.

:yup: Same here! I took the three oldest with me and my Mom last year for the first time. Unfortunately, we went to WalMart about 6pm on Thanksgiving evening to check out where everything may or may not be. Well, we ended up staying there because several people were saying they would be staying to wait on the laptop deal (which my Mom wanted so badly!). The kids, who are 13, 14, and 18, were great. They helped so much and to pass the time, they guy working in electronics kept putting movies on for us to watch. That and the fact that there were wonderful people behind us in line made everything fun.