I wonder if they will be giving out the gift cards this year.

happysunshine28

I believe they have for at least the last two-three years. Last year I was all by myself out in the blowing snow to get one. The year before, my SIL and I went to the store at the other end of the mall because it opened earlier- so we ran all the way down the mall to get to Sears to get a g/c only to find out that they had all the door connecting the mall and sears closed and locked. You could'nt even get OUT of the mall near Sears- you had to go all the way back to the other store and go through THAT store to get out!

We were ticked!

and ummm hello- fire hazard!

I Know its only one per household but my daughter wouldn't get one, which would be no big deal, but every other person in line behind her got one even if they were together. She was mad, she had her own money to spend too!

I thought it was 1 per person, not household...

well your daughter doent live with you...she could be "living with her dad" so its a different household...i always thought it was 1 per person too.. but just cause people are togehter on black friday does not mean they live in same house.i always went with someone and noone lived in my house.

last year, they wouldn't give them to anyone under 18. There was a Sears Grand that opened in the nearby mall (not on BF) and they handed out gift cards. They were supposed to start at 7 am and we got there 6:45 and they said they had been gone for an hour!!! Complaints got us no where, only an apology via email. and yea, l had a hard time finding something to buy last year at Sears.

Yep, they are all worth 10.00. If you're lucky you can get a nice mgr. who will give them to your kids too.

My hubby is a mgr. at Sears (so we can't get them), but they are supposed to still be doing it this year.

When I get the ads I will post them! Nothing yet!

Yep, they are all worth 10.00. If you're lucky you can get a nice mgr. who will give them to your kids too.

My hubby is a mgr. at Sears (so we can't get them), but they are supposed to still be doing it this year.

When I get the ads I will post them! Nothing yet!

send the ads to Brad or Rossman....so they can do what they do!

We got them last year after waiting outside in the FREEZING COLD. We did hear them asking kids how old they were and wouldn't give them to the kids! (anyone under 16 or was it 18).........I can always find stuff to buy at sears-TOOLS TOOLS TOOLS are always on the lists of folks I have to buy for! :D

we have a sears grand now(used to be kmart) I will deffinatly be trying to get one.

How many of you take your kids with You?I have only done it once when they were little little because they would not remember seeing the items in my cart when they opened them on christmas morning. Now they are almost 12,7,and 6 and I think dh has to work the morning after.I dont know what I will do with them.