Christmas Already? TSO Tickets go on sale this week!

psiu

Fri. 29 Dec. Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena 8:00PM

We are going to be there.

So are we!!!! I am so excited. :gdclap: This will be my first time seeing them. My husband got me the tickets for Christmas (as a surprise) but the told me because I was adamant about buying 3 tickets for the family to go see it. My tickets were only going to be $45 each. His were much more...lol...so he and I will be going sans child.

Due to the cook-off I competed in, I've been AFK since Saturday. We saw TSO at the Jacksonville show Sunday night. Absolutely awesome!

However, I understand there are two touring groups, and I believe I've now seen both. I don't know if the show we saw last year was slightly better because it was a different group, because it was the week before Chr-stmas, because it was at Madison Square Garden (their home city), or because it was the first time we ever saw them. But, we do feel last year's performance was slightly better, both in the band members performance and in the male and female vocalists.

We also enjoyed the narrator last year better. But, I am not saying this group wasn't up to snuff, and the light show and pyrotechnics were incredible.

Apparently this was the first time they ever played in Jacksonville, and I think maybe 10% of the audience had seen them before. So, most of the audience had never seen them before, and the band had to really work the crowd in the beginning. But, after a pause in a guitar solo, when I screamed out "Play It!" which garnered a look in my direction, the audience loosened up quite a bit and we had fun.

I was looking forward to being snowed on, since we were down front, but only one side worked, and it wasn't my side of the center aisle. :gdcry:

I'm pretty sure you got the West group this year...and it was one of the first shows--the East had some kinks early on too this year. If I remember right the MSG show last year was almost at the end of December, they're pretty polished by then.

They apparently did some changes with the vocals for the West this year, so the narrator may have been new...this is one of the few years where the East is the same as the previous year (though the band has been pretty constant). One of the West girls was on the Rockstar (??) show this summer/fall (the one with Tommy Lee anyway) as a contestant.

I'm so pumped for this years show, even with the cruddy seats...I'm all the way back in row 22, right side...we've been dead center ~row 10 for the last few years. I like seeing all the on-stage action but it will be great nonetheless.

I love the fact that you yelled :D Chris Caffery is one of the guitars (and frontman) for the East group, last years Detroit show is on his list as one of the best audiences ever they've had (out of like maybe 10 over the years of touring) so hopefully the Motor City can come through again this year! I even noticed it early in last years show--so many people are going back now, that they have an idea of the playlist and who the culprits are, the cheers are starting before songs and standing O's after most of them.

It is a weird show to go to--it's not *quite* a rock concert....though that's exactly what it is ;) We saw them first at the Detroit Opera House--not quite a rock & roll stronghold :cool: Now they are at the Palace of Auburn Hills (basketball arena for any not familiar) and pulling in 12,000.

Anyway...glad to see so many are liking the shows...AND GREAT VIDEOS BUNNIESx3!!!

Our oldest son took his Fianc'e (SP?) to their Dec. 2nd concert at the "Q" in Cleveland. I haven't had a chance to ask how it went. We've just had way too much going on with my dad in the hospital and all. I'll see if I can catch him tonight~that's IF I'm still awake when he gets home! LOL I may hit the bed early tonight.

I thought it was cute that he remembered that she mentioned it once that she'd love to see them one day and as soon as they went on sale he got 'em. What a good boy! ;)

Our oldest son took his Fianc'e (SP?) to their Dec. 2nd concert at the "Q" in Cleveland. I haven't had a chance to ask how it went. We've just had way too much going on with my dad in the hospital and all. I'll see if I can catch him tonight~that's IF I'm still awake when he gets home! LOL I may hit the bed early tonight.

I thought it was cute that he remembered that she mentioned it once that she'd love to see them one day and as soon as they went on sale he got 'em. What a good boy! ;)

Apparently they had Ian Hunter (Mott the Hoople) show up and he did "Cleveland Rocks" and "All the Young Dudes" with them. So I'm guessing he had a blast.

I'm kind of disappointed, my brother and his wife won't be able to get down here (car trouble) we bought them tickets as a wedding gift. We are able to get our money back though, we are selling the tickets.

ok so im soooooooo excited about going tomorrow:cheesy: :cheesy:

i have some questions? could someone help me out?

1) how early should i be there?

it's an hour drive. i've never driven that far before, no idea where im going, went to mapquest to get general idea.

2) does everyone dress up?

i was going to just put on a plain sweater and jeans then i was talkig to a coworker who said it would be dressy. i don't want to go there and feel stupid,lol, under/overdress

Eve - you really only need to get there about 1/2 hour early. A lot of people end up coming in late, which is really annoying, especially if you are at the end of a row.

The beauty of the concert is that you can dress any way you like. Many people dress up, and many people show up in jeans and a t-shirt, and it's all ok! It's part rock concert, part Christmas concert, and everyone seems to have a good time. My wife typically wears pants and a nicer shirt. I wear khaki's and a button-up shirt. A lot of ladies wear dresses, but late Dec in Wisconsin is cold and that seems insane to me. :yup:

Eve, at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, I think the doors opened 90 minutes before showtime, but I would say except for possible parking issues, that an hour to 30 minutes before showtime should be plenty of time.

Also at that concert, we saw people dressed in all types of ways. From ratty t-shirts & jeans to holiday wear. At the concert the year before at Madison Square Garden, people were more dressed up than dressed down.

HOLY SMOKES

Went to the Detroit show last night--they are bigger and better then ever :D this was my *counts fingers* 5th year in a row seeing them I think. I wore a suit and the womenfolk (;)) wore dresses. People dressed every which way, and the demographics are nutty! People bringing Grandma and Grandpa, little kids, the clad-in-leather biker crowd, the clad-in-old Slayer shirts crowd...everyone under the sun. Insane crowd in Detroit as always (I can barely talk today) and I think I'm deaf in one ear now. Nice touch, I finally got to see Paul O'Neill (he may have been the first year, but I wouldn't have known). Also mention of the 2nd anniversary of Dimebag Darrell's passing as well as "Diamond" Daryl Pediford.

Chris Caffery (the manic lead guitar and stage leader) post on his website tonight: Detroit Wins!

:D

wow

left my house around noon

didn't get there till half hour after 3(the start time) (thanks mapquest)

hair blown and a complete mess, makeup half stressed-off,lol

but we got there along with at lest a dozen cars behind me and another couple dozen before me, it was mad-house

was there for the snow both times;)

not what i was expecting........... good just the same

now i need the cds;)

on moms dial-up so i gotta leave it at that for now

edited to add

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v493/aurora252/?action=view&current=snow.flv

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/aurora252/concert3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/aurora252/concert.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/aurora252/concert2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We went last night and it was incredible. Of the 5 shows we've been to, this one was easily the best. Maybe having seats in the 5th row helped. ;)

They had a couple of different singers this year, which were all an improvement. Max Mann (Christmas Jam singer) was there to sing. Incredible voice, but what an oddball. :P

They ended the show with a bit of a surprise, too! Buck Dharma (Blue Öyster Cult guitarist) came out and they played an extended version of Don't Fear the Reaper that just blew everyone away. Then they all stayed and played a few more songs together and Paul O'Neil actually came out and played for the last couple of songs.

We will definately be on the lookout for the presales next year. My kids and I both LOVED it .. it was our first time. We will definately plan better. I did not realize the show was close to 3 hours long - we had to leave early cause of school the next day.

man that would be so upsetting:mad:

i had no idea it was that long either, but at least you did not have to fight cars to leave;)