OFFICEMAX Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

About the Averatec 2370 laptop that's supposed to be on sale on BF, I called my local OM and they said that none of the stores carry laptops; they can only be purchased online. Does this mean that the laptop will be available at 12:01 at BF? I'm a bit confused.

About the Averatec 2370 laptop that's supposed to be on sale on BF, I called my local OM and they said that none of the stores carry laptops; they can only be purchased online. Does this mean that the laptop will be available at 12:01 at BF? I'm a bit confused.

OfficeMax stores don't normally carry laptops, but they probably will for Black Friday. Try calling closer to BF, or just call a different OfficeMax (to get a different manager).

I just returned from visiting two Office Max stores in Houston and neither one of them had laptops. I talked to the manager at the last one and he said that only 4 or 5 stores in Houston are allowed to carry laptops. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I asked him why they ran ads for laptops if all the stores wouldn't have them and he said that all the laptops in the ads can be ordered online. That I don't believe because the Avertec laptop in the BF ad isn't even listed online and someone in an earlier post said that the ad says that the laptop is available in store only. Houston is a large city and if only 4 or 5 stores have laptops, I can only imagine how hard it would be to find a store that carries them in a smaller place. Anybody got any comments or thoughts on this?

What time would you recommend getting in line at OM for the Averatec 2370 laptop?

They open at 5am in my area. The worker mentioned that they had like 7 laptops in stock that were in the back (I tried looking for the display one, so I can try it out - but none were on display since they are selling it on BF is what he told me). He worked last year on BF and told me 4am is the time to get in line. But 4am sounds late, I want to make sure that I can get the laptop. ;)

I looked at the ad on the officemax website (if you go to the "weekly ad" tab on the right side of the screen and enter a zip code, you can view the ad for this week). None of the items are the same as the ad posted on gottadeal.com

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I hope I am. The sale that I see SUCKS.

I looked at the ad on the officemax website (if you go to the "weekly ad" tab on the right side of the screen and enter a zip code, you can view the ad for this week). None of the items are the same as the ad posted on gottadeal.com

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I hope I am. The sale that I see SUCKS.

That is the ad for this week thru Wed, not the BF ad

What time would you recommend getting in line at OM for the Averatec 2370 laptop?

They open at 5am in my area. The worker mentioned that they had like 7 laptops in stock that were in the back (I tried looking for the display one, so I can try it out - but none were on display since they are selling it on BF is what he told me). He worked last year on BF and told me 4am is the time to get in line. But 4am sounds late, I want to make sure that I can get the laptop. ;)

A lot of the "rush" will be for stores like Best Buy and Circuit City. I've gone to Officemax, Office Depot and Staples for the past 2 years in a row. In my experience, going an hour early is good enough. I bought the 27" widescreen HD LCD TV from Office Depot (3 per store) and we only arrived 15 minutes before they opened.

This is the first time that Officemax has opened at 5 am though.

What you can do is go to OM for 3 am. If no one's there, hang out in your car. Keep one eye on the door and another on other vehicles arriving in the parking lot. Once people start showing up, then you need to get in line too.

Unfortunately, you'll never know if you were too early, only if you were too late. :eek:

they've got a nice sign up about the instant savings, but they're not reflecting the price. I've even tried going through the cart to see if it showed up then, but nope.

I'm in the same boat. Plus the $1.99 USB goodies and the 64-Disc CD holder are in-store only. The Averatec Laptop is too, but I'm not after that...

Oh well, I may just have to go to the store on Friday after all.