Predictions for this year's sales?

Brad

How do you think this year will compare with recent years as far as number of sales, quality of deals, sale formats, etc?

Do you think the election will cause retailers to shift their sale dates in any way? Black Friday also falls on the 29th, which is the latest possible day (and gives retailers much less time between BF and Christmas) so will that cause sales to start even earlier?

What items do you think we'll see the best deals on this year? What items are you hoping to score deals on?

Share your thoughts and remember that posts in this forum qualify for the giveaways we'll be having this year (more on that soon).

• Like 1

I honestly think they will have even more sales spread out over the months. As for quality of the sales, well sadly I think they will continue to disappoint. 

As for things on our list we are looking for travel deals to take our daughter to see and do different BT things. Looking for a new clarinet for her (she plays in school band) and my wife asked for one of those Dyson Airwraps so hoping for a good deal on that. 

• Like 2

I see some stores having early (pre BF) sales but I think over all the sales will be lacking. The last few years the actual BF sale have been a disappointment. I scored better deals on items during the summer and early fall then what the preBF/BF sales had them for. 

Yep, I think it will be more sales, but with smaller discounts. And I also think they will be earlier.  It seems like they just get more diluted every year.  My kids are getting sports gear, and there are never any sales on any of that.  

More Pre-BF sales, but not because of the election. And I imagine there will continue to be a lot of deep discounts throughout retail to make room on the shelves - I've seen lots of clearance inventory to move out of stores! 

I don't think it will change much... spread out and lame sales. I don't know what I am looking for. DH has been out of work since June and he starts a new job in 2 weeks so things will be tighter than usual tightness this Christmas. So nothing too big.

Like others have said, I think it will be similar to recent years, with sales spread out before Black Friday, but with general discounts and "doorbusters" less than impressive for those of us who remember Black Fridays of years ago.  The election will not affect sales, but the late date of BF will just reinforce the trend to earlier sales marketed as part of "Black Friday."

I agree with most posters....more pre black Friday sales and less great deals.

I don't think the election will have much effect because it's too close to black Friday.

The sales have already started earlier this year. 

I'm hoping for better sales on smaller size TVs...under 50 inches....and grills. Those two items had super deals a few years ago.

I'm not really looking for anything specific at this point. I honestly don't expect any great sales or deals, just as the past few years have shown us. Sure, there are places that have "sales", but nothing earth-shattering like years ago. It seems like all the stores have the same things on sale every year and those sales aren't that great anymore.

On 9/10/2024 at 2:17 PM, ilikefree said:

I honestly don't expect any great sales or deals, just as the past few years have shown us. Sure, there are places that have "sales", but nothing earth-shattering like years ago. It seems like all the stores have the same things on sale every year and those sales aren't that great anymore.

Fully agree on not expecting any great sales....

having said that, will be looking to see any good GC deals on unlocked older iPhone models (13, 14 or 15) and big TVs (65"+) although not very hopeful on TVs as DW is very particular about getting a Sony TV

I think they are going to continue to spread out the deals over weeks.  This really messes me up when I am trying to plan on purchases but it changes weekly (rather than planning for the one day).  I think based on the economy the stores are gonna need some really big sales and not just on tv's.  Honestly I think most folks are over the TV deals unless they just had one go out.