The CraigsList/Resale Shop Thread!

alimfp

Okay, post your finds here! I always find it exciting to read about what others get. :D

Today I got..

From Goodwill: 2 pairs of khaki pants (Liz Claiborne and Old Navy), and three tops for $26

From Value Village: a top for DD (The Children's Place) and an XOXO purse for $7.98 total

I was hoping to find a few more tops at VV, but they are SO overpriced! At Goodwill, the pants were $6.99, and at VV the tops alone started at that same price! I found a cute pair of BCBG shoes but they were $24.99 (I understand the name brand, but I am too cheap!).

Tomorrow I go to pick up two pairs of shoes from a CraigsList ad. A pair of Nine West and Steve Maddens for $15 total. :D

Well, this is not a find for me but I got $70 out of the deal! I replied to a post of someone needing a crib. Well, my 17 month old is now in his toddler bed, so I had a crib to get rid of! I got more than half of what I paid! Woo Hoo for me!!! I am addicted to searching CL!!! Great thread by the way!

I love CL to a certain extent. Sometimes I am disappointed with the other people that live in the same city. ;)

Found some decent deals, but mostly people are trying to make money like myself. Hit or miss it seems, but a great site.

i will be selling most of my stuff thru craigslist once we are going back. hope someone buys it ;)

right we have put up our camera for sale on CL , lets see if we get any buyers .

i have a question the clothes at goodwill are they new or used ?

i have never shopped for clothes there !

You can never tell @ Goodwill what you will find. Some people will donate clothes that have never been worn with the tags still on them. Some Goodwill's get Target salvage items. Goodwill normally removes the Target pricetag, but I don't know if they remove the tags from Target clothes.

BTW .. pants at our local Goodwill for women are 2.25 a pair .. I picked up a pair of Gap and Express jeans in there a few months ago.

Ditto Andrea. Some stuff is BRAND NEW, other stuff is very used. Our Goodwill near my house tends not to have extremely used stuff though. The pants go for around $5-$10 each, tops $2.50-$8 each, shoes $1-$15/pair. They do price based on name brand. But even my Liz Claiborne pants weren't at the "high end" of the range they have. :)

My two favorite recent finds have been a cast iron skillet at Savers for $5.99(it is hard to find nice looking cast iron secondhand around here, and secondhand is so much better for cast iron)

And a Leapster Batman game for $4, brand new(Target cast-off at thrift store)

• 1 month later...
I went to Village Discount Outlet today (had a coupon for $5 off a $10 or more purchase). I found my daughter a BEAUTFUL little devil costume complete with dress, cape, headband w/ attached red horns, and wig for $4. I also got her 3 Abercrombie hoodies for $1.50 each.

I have been an avid, if not over active user of Craigslist for years now. I am always amazed at what you can find in your community. I've been both a seller and buyer and simply love it. As a seller it is amazing the response I get for just about anything - from used kids toys to writing services.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Deals4Mommy

Well, this is not a find for me but I got $70 out of the deal! I replied to a post of someone needing a crib. Well, my 17 month old is now in his toddler bed, so I had a crib to get rid of! I got more than half of what I paid! Woo Hoo for me!!! I am addicted to searching CL!!! Great thread by the way!

I need to get on Craiglist...LOL. I've never took the time really and worry about scams. I searched for free stuff once, because a girl friend needed furniture, but that stuff was so beat up, it wasn't worth my time.

Thank goodness she was able to get a deal on some used furniture for her family and it was in excellent condition. Not from Craiglist, though.

But, how does that work. You just go to a person's house or meet them in a public place? I would be scared to go to someone's home. Just me, I guess.