How Long Does It Take You to Wrap Gifts?

kimpooh19

I have a 6ft foldable table that I set up in my guest room.  I have all my accessories in little bins on a small side table.  

It's so nice to just be able to go in there and have everything out and organized and ready.

With that said, it takes me FOREVER to wrap, because I have to think and ponder and evaluate Every. Single. Thing.

Which wrapping paper?  Does one person have too much of that paper, and enough of the other?  What would be more efficient?  Am I leaving enough for a potentially large present?

And gift tags.  Oh my goodness.  I have to pick out the perfect tag for each gift, and make sure it matches the paper.

I gave up on bows years ago, otherwise presents would never get wrapped!!

• Like 2

I hate wrapping. And I'm afraid if I wrap as I go, I'll second guess my list and have to UNwrap to make sure I actually wrapped everything 🤣.  So, I schedule 1 full day and my sister comes over to help (unlike me, she loves to wrap). She gets me through it every year, LOL.

• Like 1

I don't usually have much to wrap, so overall it doesn't take me too terribly long but it definitely takes me a good amount of time because I'm picky about how I wrap things. And yes, I do bows/ribbons. That's a memory of my Mom for me, so I get joy out of taking the time to curl the ribbon and add bows for gifts I'm not shipping. 

• Like 1

I usually do it in segments. Every gift has full ribbon and bows. I setup a card table in the living room put Christmas movies on and wrap about 5-10 presents at a time. That way it’s not to daunting. I like to be fully wrapped by a week before Christmas. That way I can enjoy the week before. 

We usually wrap in sessions. We will get a bunch of stuff and wrap, get more stuff and wrap. It’s hours of wrapping usually though. This year won’t be as much though since we decided to get vacations for our daughter rather than just stuff which she is now harder to buy for (will be in her teens by Christmas). 

• Like 1

Longer than it should, but not as long as if I give them to DH to do. He measures the item, then measures out the exact amount of paper that could cover the entire gift.  I use more paper, but I'm done in a fraction of the time.  

I am also in the boat of "what did I get this person, and where is it if I hid it?", so once items are wrapped, I write a number on them with a sharpie.  I keep track of the numbers in my OneNote notebook for Christmas things, so I know what each number is, and who it's for.  I don't use gift tags at all...sneaky children at my house. 

• Like 1

Depends on when I start. If I do a little here and there then a few hours at a time, but if I wait until the week of or Christmas eve ....ALL NIGHT!!!! I usually watch Christmas movies while I wrap and always watch the Christmas carol while wrapping on Christmas eve after watching the Popes Christmas Mass.

Edited by jesusluvu