GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

Rabbit! Rabbit! Rabbit! Happy spooky szn, y'all! 

On a heartwrenching/heartwarming note... NASCAR fam showing up big to help folks in NC/SC with airlifting/hauling much needed supplies into the hardest hit areas. Multiple teams/individuals within the NASCAR community are using "all available air assets" to get supplies to folks and help get folks who need out, out. Just this morning, Joe Gibbs Racing rolled one of their test car haulers (just as big as the ones that go to the track) out at 10 am full to the brim with donated supplies headed for western NC as far as it was safe for them to go.

I know there are MANY more stories and helpers that we're not hearing about but for those of you that may be in these areas, know that... We SEE you! Help is COMING! Hang in there. 

Personally, one of my best friends who rode out the storm at home in Simpsonville, SC experienced a tree hitting her family's home (damage yet unknown - they have not yet been able to clear the tree to investigate) and they have been without power since early Friday morning. They are hearing they may get power back by late Thursday evening but that hinges on other infrastructure repairs proceeding as planned. Ouch. She says that her family and the neighbors close by have been sharing a flat top-equipped grill to cook up meals, most often breakfasts, with the supplies they're pooling together. 

Personally, my trip to Charlotte next week will take a detour after I grab my other buddy from IN. Normally, we'd end up on I-40 (on the very stretch that got washed out - this breaks our hearts seeing the devastation in that area). This time around, since we drive through the night, we will be sticking to major interstates (for our safety and better familiarity) instead of back roads (that the map indicates would be fastest). That will take us through Nashville, down to Atlanta, and then turn us north on I-85 to head up to SC for our third musketeer and finally on into Charlotte. 

We have told our SC buddy to keep us posted on anything that they need that might be easy for us to grab/toss in the car with us. Same goes for any of you - if you happen to be on our route and need a hand with small(ish) supplies, we might be able to pull off detouring to you to lend a hand. It's our vacation but that does not blind us to the fact that so many need a hand/basic supplies that may be hard to come by in the damaged areas. 

Much love to all of our GD'er fam struggling with Helene's aftermath... 🫶🙏💙

• Love 4

Tell me how it's October already!!! Seriously, the year just started! Between my crazy life at work (people taking days off and we are short on subs) and things going on at home (hubby just had his 3rd cardioversion on his heart...basically "jump-starting" it to get it back in rhythm...he has a-fib) I haven't really had time to do much else.

Happy October!  

40 minutes ago, Kanyon71 said:

October is here. Hopefully the cooler weather comes soon. We have a cabin in NC around the area that has been hit really hard. We think we are fine as the cabin is pretty high up. No power/internet so can’t see the cameras yet. Prayers are out for all those affected though. 

Hope you stay safe and prayers for sure for everyone affected by the storm.  

• Like 1